Our OFFENSIVE gameplan needs to be... | Syracusefan.com

Our OFFENSIVE gameplan needs to be...

realcusefan888

Walk On
agressive and beat them at their own game! tired of the outdated thinking on this board saying ball control to keep the wvu offense off the field. if it doesnt work in the nfl anymore how is it gonna work in the college game with more clock stopages? if we hold onto the ball for 7-8:00 drives and give up big plays all day on defense we still lose. we need to be aggressive as we need touchdowns to beat this team. we need to be at least +2 in the turnover department and fly around on defense! i think we can do it! question is, does the offense come out like a bunch of skirts and play keepaway or do we go after it! this week we need aam in spots and a big game by guys like west, provo, and stevens! yes, there is enough talent with some proper play calls!!!

lets jump em in the dome!!!

GO CUSE!

tired of the outdated thinking on this board saying ball control to keep the wvu offense off the field.

You must have posted on the wrong board, pretty much 90% (that's being conservative) of the people on the board aren't happy with the offense.

agressive and beat them at their own game! tired of the outdated thinking on this board saying ball control to keep the wvu offense off the field. if it doesnt work in the nfl anymore how is it gonna work in the college game with more clock stopages? if we hold onto the ball for 7-8:00 drives and give up big plays all day on defense we still lose. we need to be aggressive as we need touchdowns to beat this team. we need to be at least +2 in the turnover department and fly around on defense! i think we can do it! question is, does the offense come out like a bunch of skirts and play keepaway or do we go after it! this week we need aam in spots and a big game by guys like west, provo, and stevens! yes, there is enough talent with some proper play calls!!!

lets jump em in the dome!!!

GO CUSE!

You really think we can outscore them? This is the one game all year we should shorten the game.

You must have posted on the wrong board, pretty much 90% (that's being conservative) of the people on the board aren't happy with the offense.

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE OFFENSE EITHER DUDE...was just a comment on our approach...it was our offensive approach that lost the rutgers game and kept rhoddy and tulane in the game. i am stating what gthe gameplan should be, more aggressive...cant shorten a college game...not with first down clock stoppages...if we hold the ball all day and kick field goals we will get smoked

Firstly, we haven't been getting 7 or 8 minute drives all year. Part of the reason why we've been giving up 400+ every game.

Secondly, Provo has been having big games, especially for a TE. He's no deep threat. What else do you want from him?

Third, there's a reason Stevens hadn't seen the field until this fall. He's not a huge play guy.

Fourth, how do you know AAM is the answer at RB? He wasn't our savior last week.

The team can be aggressive on offense but has to be in its own way.

its own way? bailey, bailey, 2 yard out to provo in the flat? i didnt make up the 7 min drive thing, that seems to be the wish of people on this board...
i surely realize provo is an average te at best, not a deep threat...intermediate banana routes have been there,i will take that...keep it going.
stevens, if used right could be an asset in the seems, but we dont use the middle of the field, we like predictably rolling our right handed qb out to the right giving him 1/3 of the field as an option.
aam isnt the answer but he can help...my favorite and our most explosive all around back is out...yes, thats gulley.

WVU is not the team to attack and send our O vs their O... unless you have exposed a weakness. I agree... HCDM way of playing the percentages is not the way to beat a high quality WVU squad... But, to go toe to toe, they need a good defensive plan or weakness.

I like the "hit the bully in the mouth" approach... But, we better believe we can control their O

WVU is not the team to attack and send our O vs their O... unless you have exposed a weakness. I agree... HCDM way of playing the percentages is not the way to beat a high quality WVU squad... But, to go toe to toe, they need a good defensive plan or weakness.

I like the "hit the bully in the mouth" approach... But, we better believe we can control their O
The defense HAS to play like they did against Rutgers. Aggressive, attacking, forcing turnovers, etc. Granted, I understand the HUGE offensive talent gap between Jersey State and WVU. But I'm just saying, we may need that type of performance to pull the upset. Hopefully, this is game where everything comes together. A Kobena TD return would be nice too!

The defense HAS to play like they did against Rutgers. Aggressive, attacking, forcing turnovers, etc. Granted, I understand the HUGE offensive talent gap between Jersey State and WVU. But I'm just saying, we may need that type of performance to pull the upset. Hopefully, this is game where everything comes together. A Kobena TD return would be nice too!

I think we need to do what we did last year vs WV. That was confusing the hell out of Smith. We should go Okie the whole game and show blitz but only bring it in one area (left, center, or right) and drop everyone else. A three man rush is fine as long as that rush is over loading one area and they have no clue what area that is.

I think we need to do what we did last year vs WV. That was confusing the hell out of Smith. We should go Okie the whole game and show blitz but only bring it in one area (left, center, or right) and drop everyone else. A three man rush is fine as long as that rush is over loading one area and they have no clue what area that is.
Sounds good to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom