Our play calling was embarrassing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our play calling was embarrassing

I want to see what McDonald can do when we actually have talent at wr before passing judgement

Again as bad as McDonald was the last 2 series we just don't have anyone he can work with. If we are in anything more then 3rd and 7 there is really no chance we pick up the 1st. there are a lot of issues on this team, singling out McDonald isn't exactly fair
Well when you run wide to the short side on first down and continue to lose yardage it makes it that much harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if we weren't going to kick on that last play I would of went deep with max protection

hopefully we get some of the injured players back for next game since bc is no fsu

Well when you run wide to the short side on first down and continue to lose yardage it makes it that much harder.

Tapatalk
trust me i threw my slipper at the tv on that one. he definitely stuff his pants the last 2 drives there is no arguing that. we shouldn't even have been in that position though

Yep. going horizontal to the short side is stupid. Screens, sweeps and swing passes to the short side helps the defense.

Except Hunt had his best ACC game today.

his best ACC game resulted in 15 points, 159 yards, 1 TD, and 1 loss

Valiant effort, and it all may be GM's fault, but in the words of Chef Ramsey, "It's not good enough". We cost ourselves a bowl, gave Pitt a leading edge in the ACC inaugural, and even more recruiting fodder. Pivotal, gut wrenching loss.

Gonna be a lot of hand-wringing this off season.

They were the better team going in, they were handing us that game and we handed it right back. Fricking great effort the defense for the most part. We leave guys wide open right out of their breaks, but otherwise recover and hit hard. If you were paying attention, Pitt players were wincing and flinching before hits, even in the 2nd qtr. Crazy stuff.

IS that saying much?
It's better than ripping the kid after every frigging game. It's his first year as a starter and had to earn that beginning of 3rd game of the season. He's had to learn two different offensive systems in two years since he's been here. He doesn't have the WR's like Nassib had and the OL times is up and down. So sick of people saying he sucks. Would like to see you go out there and do a better job in his situation.

The umpire was still standing over the ball preventing the snap. As soon as he started to back up Chryst called TO.

If there was one rule I wish they would change in all of football, it's the "ice the kicker" timeout. It can get ridiculous at times, especially in the NFL where it never works. Either tell the officials to get out of the way and give the offensive team a chance to quick snap it before a TO is called, or limit when the coach can call the TO. This waiting until they are set and already in the motion of snapping is just plain bush league. You wanna ice the kicker? Call the timeout before the lines are set.

All that said, Loeb should never have tipped his hand. The minute the whistles blew he should have simply held the ball. Again, it's the little things.

If there was one rule I wish they would change in all of football, it's the "ice the kicker" timeout. It can get ridiculous at times, especially in the NFL where it never works. Either tell the officials to get out of the way and give the offensive team a chance to quick snap it before a TO is called, or limit when the coach can call the TO. This waiting until they are set and already in the motion of snapping is just plain bush league. You wanna ice the kicker? Call the timeout before the lines are set.

All that said, Loeb should never have tipped his hand. The minute the whistles blew he should have simply held the ball. Again, it's the little things.

I agree. I'd also like a rule disallowing multiple TOs on one down (i.e. Back to back TOs on one FG attempt).

I didn't like to see the staff laying into Rodgers like they did - they should've been directing it toward the umpire for taking way too much time over the ball.

his best ACC game resulted in 15 points, 159 yards, 1 TD, and 1 loss

Valiant effort, and it all may be GM's fault, but in the words of Chef Ramsey, "It's not good enough". We cost ourselves a bowl, gave Pitt a leading edge in the ACC inaugural, and even more recruiting fodder. Pivotal, gut wrenching loss.

Gonna be a lot of hand-wringing this off season.

They were the better team going in, they were handing us that game and we handed it right back. Fricking great effort the defense for the most part. We leave guys wide open right out of their breaks, but otherwise recover and hit hard. If you were paying attention, Pitt players were wincing and flinching before hits, even in the 2nd qtr. Crazy stuff.

His stats would have looked much better if at least three passes weren't dropped.
Hunt didn't have a great day but his passing (overall) looked considerably better.

Yep, 96, 4, 2, 82, 29 can't play a lick. Hunt is a terrible athlete.

Your post is kinda stupid.

I grew up around that school...it's not a football place, not even close. Doesn't mean he isn't a good athlete. Let's just say Kyle Flood's school laps CTK - easily.

I grew up around that school...it's not a football place, not even close. Doesn't mean he isn't a good athlete. Let's just say Kyle Flood's school laps CTK - easily.

It pretty obvious that Hunt is at a minimum a D-1 athlete. Is he as game ready as a Sophmore as a Texas HS QB, or at least some would be, no, I don't know who thought he would be. Are you saying he shouldn't have recruited at all.

I'm been pretty clear that I don't think he's the QB next year, but he's been good enough to win some games and I don't think he's being helped at times with what they are trying to do.

It pretty obvious that Hunt is at a minimum a D-1 athlete. Is he as game ready as a Sophmore as a Texas HS QB, or at least some would be, no, I don't know who thought he would be. Are you saying he shouldn't have recruited at all.

I'm been pretty clear that I don't think he's the QB next year, but he's been good enough to win some games and I don't think he's being helped at times with what they are trying to do.

I agree that he's surrounded by limitations. I wished we had someone slightly better, it's worth maybe two more wins. Then again, not his fault who has he to throw to (I get the injuries).

I saw the Raiders lose a game to Denver on that play. Fatikowski made the first, missed the second.

No good running team should have as many 1 yard gains on first down as SU does, none. 2nd and 9 is killing this team. People cry..."Get the ball to Smith"...well he runs up a linemens ass and gets 1 yard. It leads to a very poor choice for 2nd down...time after time after time. Now they know they are going to pass and god knows this team struggles with that. I never thought I'd be thrilled just to get 3 yards a crack on the first two carries but this team can not even do that far far too often.

Is it GM? I don't know but he isn't helping with the constant runs at odd times. This team is so limited offensively maybe he's just trying to bleed a rock. Too many breakdowns too often. The timeout SU had to call because Broyld was on the wrong side ended up hurting because it would have been nice to have it at the end of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom