Our play calling was embarrassing | Syracusefan.com

Our play calling was embarrassing

Jury is still out for me on Shafer but I am more than ready to pull the plug on our OC.

Hunt, Trudo, McDonald that's that stuff i don't like.

Hunt cannot be as bad as our OC and putrid receiving corp are making him look, can he?

Tis the season.

I expect flowers from Pitt fans for this one. WOW. Two missed kicks. Incredible. We suck because we can't even get the little thing right.

And Loeb blew that play, IMHO. They can't call TO after it's been hiked, right?

So many chances to win this game that were thrown away by awful play calling. I have always been in favor of giving the guy a chance, but I hope that HCSS has the nads to fire his buddy after the season. I am not sure he does.

First, blame the entire offensive scheme. Second, blame the play calls. These kids aren't put in a position to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was brutal today. Those running calls late in the game were horrible.

BUT for most of the game he was down his best OL, best WR, speedster and 2nd RB. Add to that fact Hunt has serious limitations. It was hopeless from the start...

He absolutely didn't help himself though.

Mcdonald sucked, receivers sucked, refs didnt give us 1 call all game missed 4 pass interference calls. Defense played a hell of game, especially with how long they were on the field. Playcalling on offense lost this game. Just terrible.

What was Loeb thinking waiting on that play! CALL FOR THE HIKE!!!!! WHY WAIT?!

The umpire was still standing over the ball preventing the snap. As soon as he started to back up Chryst called TO.

Last edited:
We made a sacrifice when we hired MacDonald. Someone decided it was worth hiring him as the OC (a job, which he currently looks very unprepared for) because he was such a good recruiter. You can definitely put some blame on him because at best his play-calling was amateur.

However, our complete lack of discipline that was a staple of the Marrone years are still a big problem. We consistently get stupid penalties that are complete results of mental mistakes. Even in games when we limit the overall number of penalties we are still good for at least two in key situations that could and in many cases do factor in to the outcome of the game. Jumping offsides, false starts, late hits are unacceptable at any level and even more so at the D1 level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again as bad as McDonald was the last 2 series we just don't have anyone he can work with. If we are in anything more then 3rd and 7 there is really no chance we pick up the 1st. there are a lot of issues on this team, singling out McDonald isn't exactly fair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom