Our RPI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our RPI

We are also comparing 11-7 in a numerically stronger conference vs 9-9 last year. That is how we sort of equalize the total crap we have achieved to date vs last year.
Last year though we had that win at Duke.
That was gold on our resume even though Duke was just a top 25 team and not a top 10 team.
9-9 with a few elite wins was enough over 11-7 and we don't beat any NCAA teams on the road.

We need resume wins. We have maybe 2 Pitt/Miami.
VPI is huge tonight if we want to be a NCAAT team and not just have a winning season.

VPI is huge tonight if we want to be a NCAAT team and not just have a winning season.

If we continue playing well on both ends of the court we will have some good wins. Tonight is definitely a big game but so is Saturday and all the other future games. We don't have a lot of room for error. I'm a little concerned if we don't jump out to a big lead. Our guys looked a little winded at the end of the Pitt game and our offense didn't exactly finish strong. Tonight is big!!!

Last year though we had that win at Duke.
That was gold on our resume even though Duke was just a top 25 team and not a top 10 team.
9-9 with a few elite wins was enough over 11-7 and we don't beat any NCAA teams on the road.

We only have 3 really crappy games in our next 15 -- so whatever way we choose to get to 11 wins, we are going to accomplish quite a bit more good. A really elite mix (3 top 25) would make us a lock in my view.

If it's tilted more to good ACC teams, but not many elite wins, we have a good bubble resume, but not a sure thing either.

I am not going to worry about it now

I stated that yesterday -- let the team prove it can reach a number of wins before even discussing it. But I couldn't hold myself to it -- I am unable to avoid these discussions even if we haven't really proved anything.

I stated that yesterday -- let the team prove it can reach a number of wins before even discussing it. But I couldn't hold myself to it -- I am unable to avoid these discussions even if we haven't really proved anything.

I said it after the Pitt game, we need the next two to start the discussion.

The funny thing is all of this is kinda assuming we even win at least one of the next two games. We're definitely underdogs on the road VT tonight and BC pretty much blew our doors off so yes lets readdress after these next two as we could easily go 2-0 or 0-2.

VT isn't good. The unfortunate part is, we're worse. The suck is back, who cares about RPI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom