Over/Under 7.5 wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Over/Under 7.5 wins

6 - 6 to 7 - 5. Leaning toward 6 - 6 more than 7 - 5

I think every peer school we play will be a toss up. The weaknesses have a Shafer type feel to the season. What I mean by that, we always thought we were better and after a few games realized there were a lot of issues. Every game seemed to be a potential struggle. How I'm feeling after this game.

On the flip side, Babers isn't Shafer. Shafer was never going to be a good HC, Babers has shown he can make adjustments. So I'm hopeful that my bad attitude and saying 6 - 6 is just pessimism. It's also sports/football. Bad games happen, terrible games happen unexpectedly and end up being meaningless in showing how good/bad a team is. I'm really hoping this game was just a perfect storm of different things that don't have a great impact on how we will perform against ACC competition.

I'm going with 5 wins, and to start the season I penciled them in for 9. And bet $500 on over the 7.5 smfh.
Look here is the thing if you have watched the ACC teams on our schedule play, who have we looked better then??? I will say our wins are Liberty, Holy Cross, Western Michigan, Pitt, and Florida State. And it will be one of the most disappointing sports season's I can ever remember. I hope I am wrong and I am not a sky is falling type a guy but our Offense looked atrocious, our Defense looked disinterested and our QB has to make wayyyyy better decisions. Hopefully this post ages really poorly, we will see.

I'm going with 5 wins, and to start the season I penciled them in for 9. And bet $500 on over the 7.5 smfh.
Look here is the thing if you have watched the ACC teams on our schedule play, who have we looked better then??? I will say our wins are Liberty, Holy Cross, Western Michigan, Pitt, and Florida State. And it will be one of the most disappointing sports season's I can ever remember. I hope I am wrong and I am not a sky is falling type a guy but our Offense looked atrocious, our Defense looked disinterested and our QB has to make wayyyyy better decisions. Hopefully this post ages really poorly, we will see.

If we play all our games like the last one I see one more win on the schedule. But we’re not the only ones with issues.

Wake nearly lost to Utah State. Their D is suspect.

BC will run their stud RB into an injury, Brown can’t carry the team.

FSU is circling the drain.

Pitt has OL issues.

last year we played 2 teams with better athletes. ND and Clem. almost beat won and got blown out

this year we play 2 teams with better athletes.. might get blown out by both

the entire rest of the schedule is the same. we turned 11-2 into 10-3 last year.. who knows what this ywar will bring.. its only because so many refused to see that Maryland has better skills than us and thought it was an easy win..

the difference between wins and losses against every team is execution on game day just like last year.

8-4 is the we play well number.. same as it was before the season.

Put me down for 8-4. The UMD loss wasn’t really a talent thing, and I think we’ll figure it out to an extent. We’ll probably drop the Clemson game, @NC State, and one more ( maybe @UL or Wake).

I find it funny that 5-7 is the end of the world when it would be our second best season in 4 years lol

9-3 losses to Clemson and State

You guys still have a good team that faced an unknown yesterday and gave up. I don't expect that to happen again this year.
From your keyboard to God's eyes, GBO.

Reactions: gbo
I agree with your assessment.

To me, based on the other ACC games I’d go:

Tough, likely loss:
NC State, Clemson

Tough, toss up:
BC, Wake, Duke

Tough, should win:
Louisville, Pitt, FSU

A lot boils down to growth. LB, OL, QB have to get better. I have faith that they will, as this staff has done it before... but things are shaky.

I see two buckets— likely loss and toss up. Clemson is likely loss. Everything else is toss up.

8 wins w the bowl. 8-5 finish, which really is a solid follow up to last year.

last year we played 2 teams with better athletes. ND and Clem. almost beat won and got blown out

this year we play 2 teams with better athletes.. might get blown out by both

the entire rest of the schedule is the same. we turned 11-2 into 10-3 last year.. who knows what this ywar will bring.. its only because so many refused to see that Maryland has better skills than us and thought it was an easy win..

the difference between wins and losses against every team is execution on game day just like last year.

8-4 is the we play well number.. same as it was before the season.

FSU and Louisville have way better athletes than Cuse last year, they were just dumpster fires, but your point is taken. I agree with 8-4, I had that in the prediction thread before the year. Losses to Maryland, Clemson, NC ST, and head scratcher.

7-5 should be the minimum, 8-4 best case scenario right now, take a bowl and move on.

The better question is what will this recruiting class look like. We need a top 40 class!

Man the sky started falling really quick around here.

We knew before the season there would be regression and that 8-4 seemed like a likely compromise. I still believe that will be the case and I think we'll come out Saturday and look like a different team.

Even if we're 1-2 after Saturday I still have full faith that we can beat any team on our schedule.

I’m going 9-3. But this weekend isn’t one of the wins and we are gonna be in a bad place until Nc St. Win that to get to 4-2 and only lose one of the last 6.

Other than Clemson and HC every game is a toss up. The loss of Eric is huge. This is not a knock on Tommy but in hindsight its obvious that you just dont replace when of the best players and all-time greatest leaders at the most important position in football and not take a step or two backwards.

I couldn't find the original thread from the summer where most mocked the first Vegas line of 5.5 for Cuse wins. Hand up I was one of them. Lesson here is if you expectation is way out of whack to the desert prognosticators, you are probably wrong.

With one game left, this is an interesting reread.

I couldn't find the original thread from the summer where most mocked the first Vegas line of 5.5 for Cuse wins. Hand up I was one of them. Lesson here is if you expectation is way out of whack to the desert prognosticators, you are probably wrong.
Counter point. Last year we were supposed to finish last and came in second. Shiz happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom