Own Thread Andrew Luck | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Own Thread Andrew Luck

I love how espn is talking about how bad the fan reaction was to the news that luck was retiring. When their own employees broke the story on Twitter. Seems a bit hypocritical.

I love how espn is talking about how bad the fan reaction was to the news that luck was retiring. When their own employees broke the story on Twitter. Seems a bit hypocritical.
Well, it's news. They have to report it, no?

Maybe I'm missing your point.

Imo I just question the timing of the “breaking news”. Ultimately it’s the colts responsibility to avoid a situation like this, Schefter broke this during the Colts game with Luck on the sideline. With his connections I’m sure he could’ve waited or tipped Luck off so he could leave the field.

Not surprised. Heard Luck say how the booing hurt but fans being shocked by the announcement should they have cheered his retirement and wouldn’t that hurt too? Had to be awkward to be there at a preseason game to hear that announcement for everyone. What was the expected reaction?

Imo I just question the timing of the “breaking news”. Ultimately it’s the colts responsibility to avoid a situation like this, Schefter broke this during the Colts game with Luck on the sideline. With his connections I’m sure he could’ve waited or tipped Luck off so he could leave the field.
So you wanted Colts fans to burn his jersey today instead of last night and hold off on showing their lack of class?

Not surprised. Heard Luck say how the booing hurt but fans being shocked by the announcement should they have cheered his retirement and wouldn’t that hurt too? Had to be awkward to be there at a preseason game to hear that announcement for everyone. What was the expected reaction?
Seriously.

You boo because you will no longer have him to cheer for. You can’t cheer his departure under this or any circumstance.

Time for that later.

As a fan, you also don’t want the guy in the most important position to not have his heart in it, so Luck made the right decision for himself and the fans.

Colts will keep his rights if he wants to come back in a year or 2, doubtful, but it’s an option.

Imagine twitter when Jim Brown retired...

Fans who booed him are morons .. they have any idea how much pain he’s in? They have any clue as to what he has to put himself through to get out there? He doesn’t work at McDonald’s where he can just show up , mail it in .. and go home

The guy gas too much going for him to put himself through this .. if he was a typical lug head athlete with no other options .. I’m sure he’d still be out there .. then the idiot fans could continue to cheer for someone as they mistake love of the game for lack of options

Classless, drunken louts.

Most football fans are morons.

Agree. I know they are disappointed but that was a pathetic display. Would they rather him keep playing when his heart and body aren't in it anymore? Sure if someone is a clown off the field or doesn't give 100% effort, boo all you want. His only crime was being a great football player whose body wouldn't cooperate.

Imagine twitter when Jim Brown retired...

Funny thing with Jim Brown.

He was in Europe filming The Dirty Dozen during the off-season. He was promised that filming would be completed before training camp started, but they ran into delays and got behind schedule.

Cleveland threatened to fine him every day he was late to camp. After a while, Brown got pissed off and said "**** it, I'm retiring".

I don't think too many fans would have wanted to argue with him back then.

if an avg person was a skier and got hurt 3-4 times and quit skiing no one would question it.. if the avg person made 20x what he needed to retire and retired at 40 no one would question it.

if you get tired of chasing the dream its time to move on and find a new dream.. having money to do it makes it a far easier decision that it does for most people.

As a fellow millennial I am good with bashing of my generation but Gottlieb is a tool bag.

Go thru all this before 30 and then say someone is soft.
Eli overcame that v Niners in ‘11 Champ game.

Gottlieb has never been this hated.

Gottlieb's classless post reminds me of the guy who said, "The internet doesn't make you smarter, rather it makes your stupidity more available."

Meanwhile that Tom Brady fella just won't go away
It’s really amazing that guys like Brady, Peyton, Eli, Favre, Tarkenton etc can do what they do...when you at what happened to Luck, Romo, Trent Green etc.

That’s why there is no ‘compiling’ in football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom