Own Thread Andrew Luck | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Own Thread Andrew Luck

It’s really amazing that guys like Brady, Peyton, Eli, Favre, Tarkenton etc can do what they do...when you at what happened to Luck, Romo, Trent Green etc.

That’s why there is no ‘compiling’ in football.
This was before Eli has gone 8-23 the last 2 years.

I grant you Eli’s career has been more successful than Andrew Luck’s. However Luck has been the better QB over Eli since he entered the league.

Good for Luck listening to his body and stepping away before it wrecked him further.

In regards to the fans, I personally wouldn’t boo, but he had to understand where they’re coming from. They built up the roster to be a SB contender and he retires on the eve of the season.

He may suffer physically for the rest of his life as a result of his decade playing football. He also has generational wealth from his decade of playing football. Is the trade off worth it?... The NFL is probably starting to sweat over this question.

Good for Luck listening to his body and stepping away before it wrecked him further.

In regards to the fans, I personally wouldn’t boo, but he had to understand where they’re coming from. They built up the roster to be a SB contender and he retires on the eve of the season.

He may suffer physically for the rest of his life as a result of his decade playing football. He also has generational wealth from his decade of playing football. Is the trade off worth it?... The NFL is probably starting to sweat over this question.
Colts fans have had either Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning as their QB for 19 of the last 20 years. Those fans are a joke. They have been living first class fandom in the NFL.
It’s not like it was Browns/Lions/Bills fans who have legitimate chitshows at QB or organization.

Colts fans have no business booing a guy who is hurt for listening to his body. Now the Colts will fall into Trevor Lawrence next draft as a reward.

This was before Eli has gone 8-23 the last 2 years.

I grant you Eli’s career has been more successful than Andrew Luck’s. However Luck has been the better QB over Eli since he entered the league.
Schalter is an idiot who has been a hater since before the bowl wins, got a ton of egg on his face, and had been trying to wipe it off ever since.

Free lance guys have no accountability. Steve Serby called for TC’s head and for Eli to be traded for 3 years.

He was subsequently demoted to the jets beat for a while.

Now, back to the colts.

Alsacs, Scooch and you other patsie bandwagoneers;)...can Brissett handle a team this good??

Gottlieb is a troll. That's his schtick. Britt McHenry is an awful person in her own right.

Agreed. I dislike them both. But I thought her comment was on the mark.

Once again, these kids that leave school early are poor decision makers. Good luck Andrew flipping burgers for Kaiser in a few years.

Gottlieb and Dakich must be hurting for ratings. Dakich going as far to compare football players to teachers, cops, and factory workers. He’s also mad that people aren’t killing Luck like apparently they did Vontae Davis.

Anyone who would booo their own guy who gave his all and wanted to walk away (literally) never played a lick of competitive sports in their life. Bush. Period.

Once again, these kids that leave school early are poor decision makers. Good luck Andrew flipping burgers for Kaiser in a few years.
Clearly your misinformed but he has his degree from Stanford as he chose to come back for his redshirt junior season instead of leaving for the draft

Now, back to the colts.

Alsacs, Scooch and you other patsie bandwagoneers;)...can Brissett handle a team this good??
Brissett can get them to 8-8/9-7 but he will never make them a contender.

Brissett can get them to 8-8/9-7 but he will never make them a contender.
Do you all now see why the home town crowd booed??

Their season is O.V.E.R.

Their season is O.V.E.R.
They were at best the 3rd best team in the AFC with Luck.
Behind Kansas City and New England.

Luck going did screw them but only because he announced this 8 days before the season and not allowing the team to plan long term.
However the Colts franchise has drafted the 3 best college QB prospects the last 35 years.
John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. They had to trade Elway because he had an actual leverage as a Yankees draft pick.

It’s almost obvious they will suck the next 2 years and then get Trevor Lawrence the next phenom.

Last edited:

Their season is O.V.E.R.

professional football is an "all-in" mentality and the realization you don't have that (for maybe the first time in your life") can sneak up on you in a single day.

The alternative was to spend the year on IR deciding and chewing up cap space, apparently?

If the guy doesn’t have it physically or mentally anymore, then he doesn’t have it.

If a guy loses his passion for the game and/or his physical prowess but stays on, he's a bum who steals a check and should retire. But if he decides to walk away when one or both those things goes, he's a quitter.

They were at best the 3rd best team in the AFC with Luck.
Behind Kansas City and New England.

Luck going did screw them but only because he announced this 8 days before the season and not allowing the team to plan long term.
However the Colts franchise has drafted the 3 best college QB prospects the last 35 years.
John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. They had to trade Elway because he had an actual leverage as a Yankees draft pick.

It’s almost obvious they will suck the next 2 years and then get Trevor Lawrence the next phenom.

LOL - Look at this guy who doesn't know who Daniel Jones is!

It’s really amazing that guys like Brady, Peyton, Eli, Favre, Tarkenton etc can do what they do...when you at what happened to Luck, Romo, Trent Green etc.

That’s why there is no ‘compiling’ in football.

All situations are not created equal nor are bodies that go through them. Maybe the first group of players you listed are the exception and not the rule.

I think you may have missed the sarcasm here.
It was also a stupid post.

Luck was clearly ready and our stupid hoop players are just that, stupid and soon to be broke.

AND like i said numerous times here, Luck was correct to walk away and I guess I inexplicably have to add, correct for going pro??

Wow...

It was also a stupid post.

Luck was clearly ready and our stupid hoop players are just that, stupid and soon to be broke.

AND like i said numerous times here, Luck was correct to walk away and I guess I inexplicably have to add, correct for going pro??

Wow...

Curious who the soon to be broke Cuse players are? Until this yeah, our first rounders almost always went round 1 and made millions.

Too early to call on Battle and Brissett, but I’m pretty sure Battle has his degree.

Curious who the soon to be broke Cuse players are? Until this yeah, our first rounders almost always went round 1 and made millions.

Too early to call on Battle and Brissett, but I’m pretty sure Battle has his degree.
I can’t remember, we send 3 guys a year to the D league now.

Apparently they get paid a 100 million like Luck did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom