Class of 2022 - P Jack Stonehouse (CA) TRANSFERRING FROM MISSOURI TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 P Jack Stonehouse (CA) TRANSFERRING FROM MISSOURI TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At mid season he was added to the Ray Guy award list. Then it all fell apart.
Pretty sure Max hit the underpublicized, little known Australian punter wall. When it hits, it hits hard.

Looked like he lost confidence and just couldn't get it back once it was gone. And he started punting slower, which made him easier to get his punts blocked.

Pretty sure Max hit the underpublicized, little known Australian punter wall. When it hits, it hits hard.

Looked like he lost confidence and just couldn't get it back once it was gone. And he started punting slower, which made him easier to get his punts blocked.
Give him time to grow into the position it was his 1st year.! We can still add another punter.

I've been saying for months that we really need a punter, and that might be our most important get for next year. Now you all jump on the bandwagon with me.
amen. Punter is one of the most important positions on the team

At mid season he was added to the Ray Guy award list. Then it all fell apart.

Well, we have a terrific coach for that.

JACK STONEHOUSE P FROM MIZZOU IN PORTAL OFFERED// CAMARILLO, CA
#97 6' 1" 189 >>>>>> THIS IS LATE APOLOGIES

Jack Stonehouse

JACKSTONEHOUSE​

Missouri Tigers

FOLLOW
  • CLASS
    Freshman
  • HT/WT
    6' 1", 189 lbs
  • BIRTHPLACE
    Camarillo, CA
  • STATUS
    Active

2022 SEASON STATS​

• PUNTS
    Tied-72nd
  • AVG
    89th
  • LNG
    Tied-23rd
  • IN20

From family of punters, Jack Stonehouse is making his own name with Mizzou football​

Missouri punter Jack Stonehouse (97) punts the ball during the first half against Florida on Oct. 8 at Steve Spurrier Field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Fla.

Jack Stonehouse’s first start provided plenty of experience for Missouri's redshirt freshman. The second half featured virtually no offense, making the young punter one of the most important players on the field against Auburn.
Stonehouse was excellent in the contest, despite having to punt eight times.
"Every time I went out there I was more relaxed,” Stonehouse said. “I was more kind of in tune. I was like, ‘OK, this is where I need to put the ball, this is where I’m going to put the ball.’ I didn’t think it was getting more scary as time went on; I think I was getting more relaxed.”
His big moment came in the fourth quarter. After a Missouri pass was incomplete on third down, Stonehouse trotted onto the field to kick from deep in his own territory, taking the snap from the MU 17.

He hit the ball like a John Daly tee shot, and his punt flew high and far. Auburn’s Keionte Scott was unable to return it, and the home Tigers were forced to start on their own 15. The boot ended up being 68 yards.
Not bad for a first-time starter.
But it's hardly surprising. Stonehouse's punting prowess runs in his family's genes. Jack is the latest Stonehouse making a name for himself with his leg. That name has become one of Missouri's most reliable assets.

'Anything but kicker'​

The Stonehouse family isn’t new to this. Jack’s father, John, punted at USC, while his uncle Paul did the same at Stanford. Paul’s son Ryan was a star at the position for Colorado State before taking on his current role as the punter for the Tennessee Titans.
Growing up in California, Jack started playing football around sixth grade, but early on in his career, he wasn’t sold on a future as a punter.

I've been saying for months that we really need a punter, and that might be our most important get for next year. Now you all jump on the bandwagon with me.
You know your program is in a deep funk when your most important player is your punter.

Everyone is going to make jokes, but I really think this is an important pickup. A punter can be a weapon if you have a good one like we’ve seen with Riley and Sterling. Hopefully this kid brings us back to that.
We were really bad last season and the most disturbing thing is that Max got worse as the season progressed. He showed no signs of improvement and provided no hope that he might improve over time.

Sorry this happened to the guy. Seems like a good dude.

Very happy! With 3 punters each can develop a specially. Kind of like having multiple golf clubs. One for distance, one for coffin corner kicks, and a third that <fill in the blank>.

Are all three of our punters on scholarship? Not ideal but we needed it.

Yes, I think this is pretty much a done deal. The staff really likes him. He has an extremely powerful leg.

As we saw on kickoffs this season, where he did a really good job.
The kid definitely has a leg. He did a tremendous job on kickoffs. Here's hoping for accuracy to go with that leg.

Are we sure he is a punter, because his name says linebacker or video game character.

Whew, was getting worried we might actually have more TEs on scholarship than punters next season. Glad the staff is making sure that isn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom