Pac 16 in motion... | Syracusefan.com

Pac 16 in motion...

The best scenerio that could come from this is that Ok. St. comes to Big East but I doubt it. I will gladly take the Kansas team though.

Even if this is just teams talking to other conferences you'd have to think this would push teams like Kansas, and Kansas State into starting to seriously look at leaving again. If the BE hasn't been proactive in poaching yet, they better pull their heads out of their freakin asses.

remember last year, Kansas admitted they had an offer from the big east and almost took it. I expect the same thing happening. No way Pitt, tu or any other be team goes to an unstable big 12 conference.

The way I see it, super conference wise: PAC 16: Tx, Tex Tech, Ok, Ok St. BIG 10/16: ND, UMD, Rutgirls, KU. SEC 16: aTm, Mizzou, Fla St, Clem or VT. ACC 16: UCONN, SU, Pitt, WVU, L'ville, USF, Nova.;)

Exactly Kansas, Kansas State, and who was the 3rd team considering bolting to the BE? There is no way that any important BE team is going to go to the Big 12 if Texas and Oklahoma are looking to leave. That would make absolutely zero sense.

This is crazy but add Kansas, Kstate, Iowa State, Missouri as OE said - except add all 4. Then add 3 more teams and create 2 divisions: East and West.

The the BE is also ahead of the curve in getting to 16 instead of playing catch up

This is crazy but add Kansas, Kstate, Iowa State, Missouri as OE said - except add all 4. Then add 3 more teams and create 2 divisions: East and West.

The the BE is also ahead of the curve in getting to 16 instead of playing catch up
Add Baylor, go 14/22. Two self contained 11 team basketball conferences playing 20 game home and home under the Big East Flag.

what a conference the BE football teams could make and still have the Top basketball conference on the planet...add kansas, KS, Missouri, and the likes of UCF...and get rid of DePaul, Marquette, St. Johns and Providence...would consider keeping GT and Vil for basketball...
'Cuse
CT
Louisville
Pitt
USF (beating Notre Dame today if game ever finishes cause of weather)
West Virginia
TCU
Cincinnati
Rutgirls

add: Kansas, KState, Missouri, UCF and Notre Dame (if they want--cut lose if not), Houston, East Carolina and Memphis (if ND doesnt come)...sixteen...

keep Georgetown, Marquette, Vill, and St. Johns for an even 20 in b-ball conference...

Now which conference is going to beat this league in BBall and without doubt stronger than ACC in football!

The problem is that even though it makes the most sense, the BE conference isn't going to drop any of it's members.

Baylor is a good choice

Add Baylor, go 14/22. Two self contained 11 team basketball conferences playing 20 game home and home under the Big East Flag.

The SEC still needs either 1 or 3 more teams ... Missouri, Va Tech, and WV ???

We may have to grab BC and Maryland from the ACC to get to 14. :)

This would prevent Pitt from jumping thats for sure

The problem is that even though it makes the most sense, the BE conference isn't going to drop any of it's members.

Baylor is a good choice

Yep, with the people running the Big East, they won't kick out any of the Catholic school basketball onlies. The question is, if enough schools leave, can we take the name with us?

Hello ACC. Hello super conferences.

Yep, with the people running the Big East, they won't kick out any of the Catholic school basketball onlies. The question is, if enough schools leave, can we take the name with us?
That's why break away makes the most sense right now. We need the BEFB schools to act in accordance with KU, KSU, Mizz, ISU and perhaps Baylor to form an alliance for BCS preservation, and position themselves for a hefty TV package. The current BE braintrust will not slight current BB members no matter what the immediate climate or landscape. Something better happen proactively, or we'll all be watching from the sidelines when the real players step up.

That's why break away makes the most sense right now. We need the BEFB schools to act in accordance with KU, KSU, Mizz, ISU and perhaps Baylor to form an alliance for BCS preservation, and position themselves for a hefty TV package. The current BE braintrust will not slight current BB members no matter what the immediate climate or landscape. Something better happen proactively, or we'll all be watching from the sidelines when the real players step up.

Syracuse
UConn
Rutgers
Pitt
West Virginia
USF
Louisville
Cincinnati
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Missouri

What part of that says "hefty TV package" to you?

The best shot SU has at a payday is seeing the SEC poach just enough teams out of the ACC to make them (1) needs teams to expand, while (2) not destroying the value of that conference. I'm hoping they take NC State and just one of Virginia Tech/Florida State.

Agreed - it makes much more sense to try to poach a few teams from the Big 12 right now for 2 reasons. 1 - if Pitt or WV really do leave for the ACC or SEC we've already aligned ourselves with a few fairly respectable FB teams. 2 - By adding more FB teams and creating a BE playoff with the potential for some decent money, it might prevent any of the more storied teams from leaving the conference at all.

Since this makes sense the BE won't do it b/c they probably don't want to step on other conferences toes.

Syracuse
UConn
Rutgers
Pitt
West Virginia
USF
Louisville
Cincinnati
Kansas
Kansas State
TCU
Missouri

What part of that says "hefty TV package" to you?

The best shot SU has at a payday is seeing the SEC poach just enough teams out of the ACC to make them (1) needs teams to expand, while (2) not destroying the value of that conference. I'm hoping they take NC State and just one of Virginia Tech/Florida State.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the recent climate of TV contracts if you think the ACC might be better as far as money payout. If you add those additional teams above the hefty contract numbers that are ALREADY being thrown (which are bigger then the ACC $) around for the BE will only increase.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to the recent climate of TV contracts if you think the ACC might be better as far as money payout. If you add those additional teams above the hefty contract numbers that are ALREADY being thrown (which are bigger then the ACC $) around for the BE will only increase.

But if this scenario plays out to its logical conclusion, then the ACC has a radically altered membership and wouldn't be working off it's old deal anymore. Just compare that 12 team league I posted to this, and tell me which one a TV exec would pay more for...

Florida State/Virginia Tech
UNC
Duke
Virginia
Maryland
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Miami
Boston College
Syracuse
UConn
Pitt
Rutgers

But if this scenario plays out to its logical conclusion, then the ACC has a radically altered membership and wouldn't be working off it's old deal anymore. Just compare that 12 team league I posted to this, and tell me which one a TV exec would pay more for...

Florida State/Virginia Tech
UNC
Duke
Virginia
Maryland
Wake Forest
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Miami
Boston College
Syracuse
UConn
Pitt
Rutgers

This is a conference I could get excited about and it makes geographical sense. As for the money, the only reason the BE is up for a bigger payout than the ACC is because of timing. When the ACC's contract comes up, it will get more than the next BE conference.

In the end, SU needs to be talking to the ACC and the BE should be talking to Kansas, Kansas State and Missouri.