PAC12 to stand pat for now | Syracusefan.com

PAC12 to stand pat for now

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
According to Katz

Like I said, everyone assuming all these conferences had to go to 16 was silly.

So, if you're the Big 12, why not go after Louisville, Cincy and USF?

As soon as UT and Oklahoma say "hey, Pac-whatever, we want in" they will change their tune. Not even a discussion, it will happen if those two schools want it to, and they probably won't go without Okie State and Texas Tech.

Like I said, everyone assuming all these conferences had to go to 16 was silly.

In time. I don't think anyone said it will happen now. But slowly but surely it will.

As soon as UT and Oklahoma say "hey, Pac-whatever, we want in" they will change their tune. Not even a discussion, it will happen if those two schools want it to, and they probably won't go without Okie State and Texas Tech.

THIS

Don't be so sure. The Pac-12 schools got rich beyond their wildest dreams. They don't need Texas and Oklahoma.

so what this tells us is that

1. texas and okie are going to make a go of it.
2. aTm is still gone
3. the sec will still be 13
4. the sec will go to 14
5. the sec doesnt want wv
6. the sec is unlikely to get an ACC team now
7. the sec is likely to look at st louis/kansas...ie mizzou
8. the sec is always in charge
9. the ACC, pitt and Syracuse were very fluckin smart to get this done and get out of the race
10. your Kaiser still wants the names of the posters who didnt want to go to the ACC 8 years ago to admit it and get a good flogging.

LOL wow SU is so lucky they got out of the Big East now. We will have a recruiting advantage if UConn and RU remain in the Big East and we are in the ACC. I hope WVU, UL, Cincinnati, and TCU join the Big 12 replacing Missouri, Texas A&M, Nebraska, and Colorado

We are the luckiest S.O.B's in the sportsworld today...​

If things remain status-quo for a few years, it would be the ideal situation for us.

In time. I don't think anyone said it will happen now. But slowly but surely it will.

Maybe, maybe not. There is nothing magical about 16.

We are the luckiest S.O.B's in the sportsworld today...​

If things remain status-quo for a few years, it would be the ideal situation for us.

Still smiling from Sunday AM. Glad we have a forward-thinking, proactive admin. Poor Uconn didn't even have an AD in place. Oops

This reminds me of last year, when everyone expected all of the dominoes to fall at once. And then the only BCS schools to make moves were Colorado and Nebraska, with Utah joining the party, and people apparently thought it was over.

Now this year, it's only been us, Pitt and aTm so far, and that might very well be it for now, but this is NOT going away. It will take time, but eventually the landscape will shift entirely and these super conferences WILL come to fruition, and we'll look extremely smart for getting ahead of the curve.

This reminds me of last year, when everyone expected all of the dominoes to fall at once. And then the only BCS schools to make moves were Colorado and Nebraska, with Utah joining the party, and people apparently thought it was over.

Now this year, it's only been us, Pitt and aTm so far, and that might very well be it for now, but this is NOT going away. It will take time, but eventually the landscape will shift entirely and these super conferences WILL come to fruition, and we'll look extremely smart for getting ahead of the curve.

This^

+1 It'll be a marathon, not a sprint.

Conferences are going to make a move...let things settle...review the landscape...make another move...let things settle...review the landscape...etc.

So... the worst case nightmare scenario for WVU, Uconn, USF and RU must be going through their minds right now.

Unless SEC wants to steal an ACC team, I think the ACC is done expanding (unless ND wants in, ha ha ha). Even if the SEC did poach a team, it would only make room for one more to get back to 14.

B1G is holding out for ND and Texas if anyone.

Pac 12 commish stated they are done with expansion for now - not enough votes to bring in all 4 teams and I don't think Texas and OU are allowed to leave their little brothers behind.

Former Big 12 may make a play for 2-4 teams (depending if A&M and Mizzou leave for SEC) but it doesn't look like a Big 12 Big East merger is feasible now. Most likely they would look to add from a pool of: Louisville, Cinci, WVU, TCU, BYU, Boise State (as good at their football is, their other athletics and academics are a mess) USF, Uconn and RU are too far east and disconnected from those schools.

So... what does this mean to USF, Uconn and RU? Well unless the ACC has to replace somebody it looks like they need to take their football to Conference USA.

The bummer for us is if the Big East doesn't completely blow up we will probably be held to the 27 month minimum out of spite. A lot can change in that time and we may not see the benefits of leaving our former conference mates behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom