pace of play and practice | Syracusefan.com

pace of play and practice

upperdeck

Living Legend
the speed at which we practice has got to be helping in the development on both sides of the ball. we could be running twice as many practice reps over the course of spring practice than what we would normally be running just 2-3 years ago.

Let's say we used to do 90 plays a practice (probably a little high) and now we are doing 110 ( probably a little low). That's 20 more plays at 14 practices, or 280 more snaps. Equivalent to 3 extra practices in spring ball.

I don't believe Babers has mentioned the "slowness" of pace once this Spring. that was a constant mantra last year.
I remember reading it one time possibly after the first practice. Since then I don't think he has. Guys are certainly more acclimated this year.

I remember reading it one time possibly after the first practice. Since then I don't think he has. Guys are certainly more acclimated this year.

I think you're right.

if its really 80 and 120 its almost 40% more practice reps and if you do much the same reps in august you have now in the course of 2 springs and 2 preseason practices got more than an entire set of extra reps in.

but its more than just that. if normally a starter gets 75% of the reps during the season the 2-3-4 guys are now getting as many reps as our starters used to get which means the 2-3-4 guys are hopefully getting better at even a faster rate (hopefully) and the dropoff from the 1-2s should be less noticeable and the depth much better.

where it can start to show if all goes well is that in the past we recruited kids that sometimes didnt really produce until jr/sr years and now that curve with the extra reps could move those kids into being productive in yr 2-3 instead of 4-5. This is just if the recruiting is just as good as before and says nothing about what happens if the kids are just a bit better when they get here, which is what we really hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom