Packer & Durham | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Packer & Durham

Yeah I’m still 20 years away but Lord willing I’ll retire right at 60. Someone asked me if I’d be bothered that my wife (9 years younger) would still be working after I retire, to which I responded not at all. Life is to short.
My wife "retired" 15 years ago - unilaterally. Sigh.

I’m having too much fun to retire right now. The goal is 150 days off per year. I’ll go in when I want or when I’m needed.

I watch it every afternoon on the DVR. Wes likes us indeed but Packer does not. It’s clear he’s a good old boy and is slow to mention us or give us praise. On a side note, the episode yesterday was brutal; took Packer 20 minutes before he finally started talking about football. No one cares about his stupid antics at his ND trip.

As salty as I may sound, it is my favorite show and I watch every episode during football season, lol.

Billy Packer (his dad) also was not our biggest fan. Al McGuire loved us, and Packer always cringed at that.

I’m having too much fun to retire right now. The goal is 150 days off per year. I’ll go in when I want or when I’m needed.
Agreed. Depends on your job/profession.

I watch it every afternoon on the DVR. Wes likes us indeed but Packer does not. It’s clear he’s a good old boy and is slow to mention us or give us praise. On a side note, the episode yesterday was brutal; took Packer 20 minutes before he finally started talking about football. No one cares about his stupid antics at his ND trip.

As salty as I may sound, it is my favorite show and I watch every episode during football season, lol.
Yeah that ND thing was annoying as , but as the show aged he’s become more and more obsessed with side stories as they try to fill 3 hours every day lol

Last year I mentioned to my wife about my intention to retire in 10 years. She laughed at me. I didn’t take that as a positive sign.

Btw, I love Packer and Durham. I used to listed to Wes call games when I lived in Atlanta. I see both as being supportive of Cuse. Mark is someone who would be great to have a beer with.

Yeah. I have finally built the firm and team I wanted. Now, I just have to control the growth
Agreed. Started my first company at 23. Never have really worked for anyone other than the VCs that either invested or bought my companies.
After my wife died i sold everything and raised my daughters who were 4 and 8 at the time. When my youngest went to college i started my current company with the little capital i had left and no venture backing. 5 years later i have a solid company with many of my old clients and a great team.
Feel blessed to be getting another swing at my age and grateful for the opportunity to continue to learn. Green and Growing as Dino says.
Many of my friends took a more traditional path and are either in the process of retiring or its close.
They will hopefully get to grow through new experiences and the through the lack of a traditional work structure.
Both paths are good as long as you enjoy the journey.

I think the host is a Newhouse guy but the new morning show is horrendous. Just awful

I think the host is a Newhouse guy but the new morning show is horrendous. Just awful
There is a new morning show? Didn't know that. The schedule says UL is playing UVa in football from 2021 (UVa came back and beat them).

Good game to watch how Coach Anae and Coach Beck attack the UL defense.

There is a new morning show? Didn't know that. The schedule says UL is playing UVa in football from 2021 (UVa came back and beat them).

It’s UVA-Louisville on my tv.

At least on the Sirius ACC channel