Pacquiao Marquez | Syracusefan.com

Pacquiao Marquez

Guy Fawkes

2023-24 Iggy Winner NCAA Record
Prediction: Pacquiao Split Decision

The undercards have been pretty entertaining fights thus far. Complete slug fests.

I'll take MMA or even K-1 over boxing. It just doesn't have the appeal it use to have.

Mayweather is a bi!ch and afraid to fight manny. Excuses excuses.

After last night's fight, I think Pac-Man falls against Mayweather if it ever happens. I wasn't very impressed with how Pacquiao came out last night. Mayweather is so controlled in his approach and it will make Pacquiao struggle.

I don't think the fight will ever happen though.

After last night's fight, I think Pac-Man falls against Mayweather if it ever happens. I wasn't very impressed with how Pacquiao came out last night. Mayweather is so controlled in his approach and it will make Pacquiao struggle.

I have to agree with everything you said. I do like Pacquaio's aggressive style but he was like a rabid raccoon out there and left himself open to a bunch of big hits.

Whether it's boxing or soccer or whatever, Mexican sports fans are always some of the loudest and rowdiest there are. Of course they went crazy at the fight.

But over the past decade judges have been very biased towards fighters who will throw shots. Pacquiao threw more punches, landed more punches, and had Marquez backing up for 2/3 of the fight. He deserved the win, but it wasn't nearly as decisive as it probably should have been.

last fight i bought was mayweather/de la hoya..wont ever buy another unless its manny/floyd

You could of watched it for free onlIne clappy.
i did not think of that...i know of one site...firstrowsports.tv...you know of any others?

I'll take MMA or even K-1 over boxing. It just doesn't have the appeal it use to have.
It is a shame that boxing, particularly the Heavyweight division, has fallen-off so much. A great title fight can be one of the most exciting events in sports.

I've been saying this for years now. The defensive style of Mayweather will cause Manny fits.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm absolutely certain that the fight will happen. Unfortunately it will be when both boxers are out of their prime. Right now there is just too much money to be made by both as they beat up inferior opponents. The drawing power for the loser of these two will be greatly diminished. Why sign-up for one $40-50 million payday against a fighter you could lose to when you can take a continuous stream of $25M fights against the 2nd tier? The smart business decision is to wait and that's all these promoters seem to care about.

It is a shame that boxing, particularly the Heavyweight division, has fallen-off so much. A great title fight can be one of the most exciting events in sports.

Heavy weight boxing isn't worth watching anymore. When your two best fighters won't fight each other, it sucks. Watching fighters like Ricky Hatton in 2004 or so, when he just went at people relentlessly, was as good as boxing got the past decade. It's a little like football. You go through great fighters like the St. Louis Rams' high flying offense and fighters like the Steelers grind it out style -- Pac Man can be exciting, but when guys won't open up and fight him it won't be fun to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom