Parking Lot Name Changes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Parking Lot Name Changes

So is your #of years as a season ticket holder taken into consideration? My family has has season tickets for over 20 years and have always parked in Manley

Nope. Not at all. It’s all based on $$$$. It’s mainly what have you donated THIS year. That puts you on a donor category. “Ties” are broken based upon lifetime giving.

so if we turn back the clocks say 2-3 yrs and do the parking process and no lots were going thru this process because of construction. would someone have been able to just buy their way in by donation level and kick people out of the already full fine lot?

i get appeasing the major donors, but buying extra tickets in a certain year should not be kicking people out who have parked in a space for 20 yrs.

Reactions: FAL
We could be Boston college where they sell parking passes for $5000 per season

so if we turn back the clocks say 2-3 yrs and do the parking process and no lots were going thru this process because of construction. would someone have been able to just buy their way in by donation level and kick people out of the already full fine lot?

i get appeasing the major donors, but buying extra tickets in a certain year should not be kicking people out who have parked in a space for 20 yrs.

Yes, since the criteria for parking is amount of giving this year, you can buy your way in.

Why is there an ESF lot that is just unused on game days? They cant figure out a way to get that in the fold? The damn thing is always empty

It's been a back and forth issue since the old houses there were torn down. I beleive there was even litigation initially over who owned it. SU from what I have been told has been trying to work out an agreement the last couple of years to use the lots for fball and bball but it keeps falling apart. Its absolutely ridiculous and I 100% blame ESF for this. Any other big time school this would be resolved in 5 minutes due to local and political pressure. You have 100+ spots wasting away. Idiotic

It's been a back and forth issue since the old houses there were torn down. I beleive there was even litigation initially over who owned it. SU from what I have been told has been trying to work out an agreement the last couple of years to use the lots for fball and bball but it keeps falling apart. Its absolutely ridiculous and I 100% blame ESF for this. Any other big time school this would be resolved in 5 minutes due to local and political pressure. You have 100+ spots wasting away. Idiotic

The counter party is the state of New York. What would you expect?

Might be pay back by ESF for some BS that SU has put them thru.

its not that confusing to me ... there assuming that if you are long tenured season ticket holder then you probably donate enough to park where you want or its not a priority matter for you

My understanding is that SU owns the Standart Lot, which is located just north of the new dorms ESF built a few years ago.

Was told they wanted to trade the lot they own above the Fine Lot (just east of it) with SU for a similarly size portion of the Standart Lot. I suspect the problem is that SU doesn’t want to give them a section of the Standart Lot because it is prime real estate they will want to use for more buildings down the road. Ultimately, I bet SU gives ESF the lower quarter of so of Standart for their lot. The biggest issue might be access to the exit for the Standart lot at the bottom (far west) border of the lot. SU probably needs that to support reasonable post game exit times from Standart. They should be able to set up a gate and make things work but we are talking about 2 very large organizations that don’t get along very well. Might not get resolved until SU and ESF are ready to build on these lots and end their service as parking lots.

My understanding is that SU owns the Standart Lot, which is located just north of the new dorms ESF built a few years ago.

Was told they wanted to trade the lot they own above the Fine Lot (just east of it) with SU for a similarly size portion of the Standart Lot. I suspect the problem is that SU doesn’t want to give them a section of the Standart Lot because it is prime real estate they will want to use for more buildings down the road. Ultimately, I bet SU gives ESF the lower quarter of so of Standart for their lot. The biggest issue might be access to the exit for the Standart lot at the bottom (far west) border of the lot. SU probably needs that to support reasonable post game exit times from Standart. They should be able to set up a gate and make things work but we are talking about 2 very large organizations that don’t get along very well. Might not get resolved until SU and ESF are ready to build on these lots and end their service as parking lots.

Time to get the rail line up and going again so we can all park down in Armory Square.

My understanding is that seniority is not a factor but rather it is individually calibrated based on donor rank. It sounds crazy that seniority isnt in there somewhere but if you look at page 6 of the donor playbook i just dont see it
I think next year could be an adjustment to the formula to give bonus points for longevity

Also, with the changes to I-81 maybe both SU and ESF want to plan for that in regards to the parking lot swap

Last edited:
Marion lot staying the same?

Do you park there? If so, what do you think. I was thinking about making that my #1. My rank is somewhere in the 1400s (that should help you sleep a little better tonight FAL )

Reactions: FAL
Might be pay back by ESF for some BS that SU has put them thru.

I think this is it. The short version: the previous SU administration and ESF agreed to a land swap - this lot with the houses in exchange for roughly the same square footage directly south (~half the Standart lot). ESF and the state jumped through all their internal hoops (it's not easy for the state to unload the people's land, and it was a slow process) and was on the cusp of closing the transaction, but then SU got a new chancellor and tore up the deal.

ESF needs new academic space and this has put them in a pinch. So I can see why they're not looking to give SU a helping hand.

Last edited:
anyone have any idea where your rank would have to be to get a north campus pass of any kind? I mean, I know we are completely guessing here, but any thoughts? Pretty sure Im not in the range but wondering how far off i may be

anyone have any idea where your rank would have to be to get a north campus pass of any kind? I mean, I know we are completely guessing here, but any thoughts? Pretty sure Im not in the range but wondering how far off i may be

I had heard from a guy who heard from another guy who eavesdropped on a conversation a guy had with a ticketing rep that an overall rank under 900 or so would likely get a North Campus lot. But again, because of the way the process works, there’s no way to be sure.

I had heard from a guy who heard from another guy who eavesdropped on a conversation a guy had with a ticketing rep that an overall rank under 900 or so would likely get a North Campus lot. But again, because of the way the process works, there’s no way to be sure.

Damn. Thats way lower than I though. I was thinking mid teens

Damn. Thats way lower than I though. I was thinking mid teens

Depends which lot(s) your looking for. The west lot are expected to be the most desirable and the scuttlebut is anyting under 1000 your probably good. If your 1500-1600 and under you got a chance but its unclear how much of a chance, anything after that your looking at Manley or Skytop.

Depends which lot(s) your looking for. The west lot are expected to be the most desirable and the scuttlebut is anyting under 1000 your probably good. If your 1500-1600 and under you got a chance but its unclear how much of a chance, anything after that your looking at Manley or Skytop.

I hear you. How many actual spaces are on north campus? Do you know the ballpark estimate? Ill park down by Marshall before I go to South...

I hear you. How many actual spaces are on north campus? Do you know the ballpark estimate? Ill park down by Marshall before I go to South...

Not sure on the exact number but I assume your referring to the west lots?