Paschal Chukwu has been fully cleared and is back participating in team workouts | Syracusefan.com

Paschal Chukwu has been fully cleared and is back participating in team workouts

I'm curious what he was cleared to do a few months ago. Hope he was able to do some weight training.

I hope he will be a factor but I'm highly skeptical.

Good news, hopefully he can become a defensive force next season. Scoring isn't as important if you've got a good defense.

He's 7'2" - he just needs to learn to stand in the paint and hold his arms up high.
No. He got pushed out of position by little guys last season. No strength in the base to keep position.

Last edited:
How many more years does he have eligibility wise?

2014-15 Played at Providence
2015-16 Transferred and sat out
2016-17 Played a few games at Syracuse before injury.

At least 2 more seasons. Rumor has him applying for a medical hardship waiver. On paper he's not eligible, but that didn't stop Dylan Ennis from getting one. :noidea:

2014-15 Played at Providence
2015-16 Transferred and sat out
2016-17 Played a few games at Syracuse before injury.

At least 2 more seasons. Rumor has him applying for a medical hardship waiver. On paper he's not eligible, but that didn't stop Dylan Ennis from getting one. :noidea:

Dylan got to use some of Tyler's unused eligibility. ;)
It's a very obscure rule. :p
#wheelhouse.

Good news, hopefully he can become a defensive force next season. Scoring isn't as important if you've got a good defense.

Blocks and boards. That's what I'm hoping for...

Blocks and boards. That's what I'm hoping for...

I don't know that he's ever going to be a big scorer. But I could see him having a Brimah like impact defensively and on the boards. I'll give him a pass for how he looked early last year [due to the eye injury], and hope that he made up for not being able to play for 90% of the season by parking himself in the weight room to add good weight.

4-5 putbacks per game would be very nice, thanks. :)

All he needs to do is watch DeAndre Jordan.

Tall, run the floor, rebound, finish lobs.

If he can stay healthy he should be a defensive force. Offense isn't necessary.

Odd coincidence. I randomly played golf yesterday with his high school assistant coach. Said coach wanted to know how he was doing at SU. Said he had a lot of work to do (to play at high major level) from when coach last saw him play three years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom