Pat and JB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pat and JB

Honestly, I just find it amusing and think it’s great you ruffled his feathers a bit. Not sure why these bees guy is psychoanalyzing my post.

Lol. Psychoanalyze? I corrected something you said. No analyzing needed.

Lol. Psychoanalyze? I corrected something you said. No analyzing needed.

Did you correct something I said or did you just not understand what I was stating and you assumed I was attacking JB?

Did you correct something I said or did you just not understand what I was stating and you assumed I was attacking JB?

You got lost didn’t you.

Did you get lost? Surely someone as smart as yourself has something more to say.

Not at all. It’s pretty simple. You said it was legendary stuff by 20 plus. I simply asked which part and then gave 20plus a compliment (which he gave a like) by saying it’s about as calm as I’ve heard him. Pretty simple. But your reply to me saying that was something JB said. Not something legendary by 20plus.

Not at all. It’s pretty simple. You said it was legendary stuff by 20 plus. I simply asked which part and then gave 20plus a compliment (which he gave a like) by saying it’s about as calm as I’ve heard him. Pretty simple. But your reply to me saying that was something JB said. Not something legendary by 20plus.

Ok and I said the fact JB is talking about him is legendary stuff. Pretty simple. Why does that require you to correct me?

I’ve been in some dumb disputes on this board but this takes the cake.

Ok and I said the fact JB is talking about him is legendary stuff. Pretty simple. Why does that require you to correct me?

Well then you should have said that when I specifically said it was the calmest I’ve heard 20plus. But you’re right it’s dumb. Peace.

They've had a dialog going for years. Pat used to call into his show a lot.

Bees enough, the fact that he said, I don’t even think he’s a season ticket holder sounded so stupid. Go ahead and justify it. How would he know exactly?

Why do you think he questions you?

He questioned if you were a season Tix holder. I wouldn’t expect him to remember who’s a season Tix holder.

We all choose to hear what we want to hear.

After JB went on about asking what was the plan at North Carolina? Alabama? UCLA? And, Illinois...he uttered; "the point is, there's no plan at either, all of those schools, there never was. Everybody, Pat calls about this plan like he needs to know, really?!?! What does he need to know for? I don't think he's even a season ticket holder."

You hear that he simply questioned whether Pat was a season ticket holder. Where many others can easily hear the particular tone in his voice (which comes across in typical JB overly sensitive/condescending/scolding fashion relative to things of this nature) and more matter of fact and statement type than honest inquiry. Especially, coming after apparently throwing some shade his way due to his general irrelevance, etc. in the realm, evident by JB's "like he needs to know" and "really!?" remarks.

Last edited:
We all hear what we want to hear.

After JB went on about asking what was the plan at North Carolina? Alabama? UCLA? And, Illinois...he uttered; "the point is, there's no plan at either, all of those schools, there never was. Everybody, Pat calls about this plan like he needs to know, really?!?! What does he need to know for? I don't think he's even a season ticket holder."

You hear that he simply questioned whether Pat was a season ticket holder. Where many others can easily hear the particular tone in his voice (which comes across in typical JB overly sensitive/condescending/scolding fashion relative to things of this nature) and more matter of fact and statement type than honest inquiry. Especially, coming after apparently throwing some shade his way due to his irrelevance, etc. in the realm, evident by JB's "like he needs to know" and "really!?" remarks.
And they didnt need a plan at UNC. Roy got out before going on an 8 year decline
Alabama? They cared more about Spring football than hoops until Oates got there
UCLA? The plan is to find a winning coach and if they dont win, pay for a new one

I dont know what JB was referencing, it was almost incoherent babble that has nothing to do with our unique situation of a legend overstaying his welcome

We all choose to hear what we want to hear.

You hear that he simply questioned whether Pat was a season ticket holder. Where many others can easily hear the particular tone in his voice (which comes across in typical JB overly sensitive/condescending/scolding fashion relative to things of this nature) and more matter of fact and statement type than honest inquiry. Especially, coming after apparently throwing some shade his way due to his general irrelevance, etc. in the realm, evident by JB's "like he needs to know" and "really!?" remarks.
Um, the topic responded too was about him questioning whether he was a STH. You read what you want.

Um, the topic responded too was about him questioning whether he was a STH. You read what you want.

Yeah. Go back and "listen" (objectively if you can) from the 1:37:11 mark to the 1:37:41 mark. I think many can see/hear the tone and overall context rather easily. If you think JB was simply asking, let alone in honesty, versus it being more statement type, along with his trademarked snark, well, it's really not surprising in the least.

Yeah. Go back and "listen" (objectively if you can) from the 1:37:11 mark to the 1:37:41 mark. I think many can see/hear the tone and overall context rather easily. If you think JB was simply asking, let alone in honesty, versus more statement type, along with his trademarked snark, well, it's really not surprising in the least.

Yawn. I was replying to a post specifically about whether Pat was a STH.

So many people looking to be easily offended and upset. Parsing words, inserting secret interpretations. It reveals more about those listening, filtering, interpreting inner meanings to fit what they want to believe, than what JB even says. Everything becomes a big deal in some people’s world.

So many people looking to be easily offended and upset. Parsing words, inserting secret interpretations. It reveals more about those listening, filtering, interpreting inner meanings to fit what they want to believe, than what JB even says. Everything becomes a big deal in some people’s world.

Such a very broad statement. And, yes, every single one of us interprets things based upon one's own thinking.

It is why context matters. There's written and then there is audio and/or both. Obviously, when having both, one can obtain a clearer, and more accurate picture of the author's true intent. Although, even in this case, we can still interpret things differently/as we see fit.

Specifically, and on point to what I've been debating, I believe the vast majority of folks would presume, based upon the overall context, pitch and tone used with his specific words; "I don't think he's even a season ticket holder" would conclude it was statement type versus one of honest/sincere question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom