Pat Beilein to Niagara | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pat Beilein to Niagara

Pitino = no. Too old at this point. Too much baggage.
Hop ain't happening. Why can't people understand that?
Buzz, also ain't happening. He is too big a name right now.
Red= you won't hire a guy in PB that has been a head coach for a while but you'd hire an assistant?
Oates= no thanks. Not a fan of his antics.

If we're a top 10 program truely, Buzz should beg us for this job.

Our football team was in the toilet and we got a head coach with proven success, yet in basketball we'll settle for a guy with 3 years experience in D1 basketball (and we have no idea how he'll do in those 3 years).
Obviously, if he fails at Niagara, I wouldn't pursue him. He has been very successful at LeMoyne. If he does well at Niagara, or wherever he goes, it would stand to reason he is a good coach and he will have AAU and HS contacts in the northeast.

Football and basketball are very different. Football has many more moving parts to manage. So, I don't think that's a good comparison.

I don't think Buzz will be at VT when JB retires. And if he is, he will probably be making more than SU is looking to spend.

I don't think Buzz will be at VT when JB retires. And if he is, he will probably be making more than SU is looking to spend.
Buzz will end up at one of the Texas schools eventually.
Why would anyone want to hire Pitino? He is a dirt ball.
If Beielein goes to a Niagara or UB job and has success than I would be completely on board with his hire.

Rick Pitino? thanks for the laugh!
he would be the best choice if u can get by the bAD PRESS however the like pat b as well top10 as you think, or not. we sure don't play top 10 nor have we been top ten in awhile.

Last edited:
purple eagles. used to have a nursing program . i once fenced against them. and missed the bus ride home. true story. try hitch hiking with a sword.
Did you miss your bus because of the nursing students? I heard fencers were quite in demand. Right after the starting Quarterback.

p-the-princess-bride-mandy-patinkin.jpg

long story. perhaps best summed up by 10cc

i was not born a fencer. nor very practiced or skilled. but i do have a good niagara memory.
(edit) i was booted from the squad shortly after.

Last edited:
Pitino = no. Too old at this point. Too much baggage.
Hop ain't happening. Why can't people understand that?
Buzz, also ain't happening. He is too big a name right now.
Red= you won't hire a guy in PB that has been a head coach for a while but you'd hire an assistant?
Oates= no thanks. Not a fan of his antics.
Your turn

Buzz will end up at one of the Texas schools eventually.
Why would anyone want to hire Pitino? He is a dirt ball.
If Beielein goes to a Niagara or UB job and has success than I would be completely on board with his hire.
Strong rumors that Buzz will take the Texas A&M job after Va Tech’s season ends.

When it looked like Beilein might go to Siena, I was banging the Blackwell to Lemoyne drum here. He would do well and it’s a nice next step.

Siena has been a fast track job for a lot of guys, but is higher pressure than Niagara.

OK, how about one of the following?

RIchard Pitino
Buzz Williams

Would Bill Self want to coach in the ACC? Shockingly, he's still only 53 years old, and there is literally nothing left for him to achieve in the Big 12 now that his streak is over.

Is Shaka Smart still all he was cracked up to be a couple years ago?

Sean Miller might be out of a job soon. Would we take a chance on him? I think he can recruit and coach.

Would Mark Few want a chance to coach in the ACC? He's still in his early 50s, too, isn't he? (He's 56.)

How do we feel about Matt Painter at Purdue? His teams are fundamentally sound.

I hope we do a national search of top shelf talent. No scrubs. No one from the current staff.

How about Mick Cronin?

I don't think we can get Chris Mack after he just took the Louisville job. That is a great job with lots of tradition.

Last edited:
Painter seems to have had a good amount of success with Purdue. But they were able to keep Brohm away from Louisville so not sure we'd be able to compete with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom