Pat Forde's new column @ Yahoo | Syracusefan.com

Pat Forde's new column @ Yahoo

Alsacs

Living Legend
Mr. Forde with a couple of zingers ESPN's way and Chip Brown pretty funny in the beginning. Interesting that he left a cushy ESPN gig with TV appearances for Yahoo Sports.

Realignment news
In keeping with the times, The Dash Board of Directors (membership total: one) gave itself permission in mid-October to explore other options in terms of Internet affiliation. The Dash received interest from Yahoo! Sports. After careful consideration, The Dash applied for membership and was accepted by the worldwide leader in sports journalism.
Effective date: Nov. 1, 2011.
Exit fees from previous affiliation: zero.
There was no political involvement in the negotiations, and no threat of lawsuits. Orangebloods.com did not break the story. And travel to competitions will not be any different than it previously had been – The Dash, as most of you know, travels by Bus.
So that’s the scoop, for the much-appreciated readers who were wondering what happened the past couple weeks. The Dash is very happily back typing – same silly stuff, different web address. Let’s get back to it.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=pf-forde_yard_dash_lsu_alabama110111

Isn't Yahoo now the home of sports investigation journalism? ESPN has too many conflicting interests

Isn't Yahoo now the home of sports investigation journalism? ESPN has too many conflicting interests
I believe you are correct sir. They broke many stories last year.

Texted from my Droid...

I believe that he was canned at ESPN.
because Yahoo! Will do real journalism. ESPN has far too many agendas at this point.

44cuse