Path to the NCAA Tournament. I believe! Whose with me? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Path to the NCAA Tournament. I believe! Whose with me?

If you don’t like being called out don’t make dumb comments. Seriously you said “there’s no chance”, seems pretty dumb in retrospect. I’m glad he brought it up, much to my delight, you can sort out the level headed posters vs the ones who make irrational dumb comments after one game.

Cool. Thanks for piling on when there’s really no need. I’m so glad that you’re pointing out how much of an idiot I am when that’s clearly already been proven.

Well done guy.

Cool. Thanks for piling on when there’s really no need. I’m so glad that you’re pointing out how much of an idiot I am when that’s clearly already been proven.

Well done guy.
Keep defending yourself. Or just say it was a dumb knee jerk reaction comment and you were wrong. Now time to move on.

I’m not defending it. I’m annoyed that a mod continues to rub my face in it.

I already stated that I’m glad to be wrong because that means our season is going better than I thought it would.

I’m not sure how that’s defending it.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting your 6 or 7 back and forth posts on the “this didn’t age well” post. Seems like you’re either putting up a defense or are overly sensitive.

Keep defending yourself. Or just say it was a dumb knee jerk reaction comment and you were wrong. Now time to move on.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting your 6 or 7 back and forth posts on the “this didn’t age well” post. Seems like you’re either putting up a defense or are overly sensitive.

Y’all can pile on to my claim all you want. I was wrong. We obviously DID sweep Pitt, which I am very happy about.

I made my claim on December 19th, coming off two straight losses at the Dome, one to an OOC opponent we had zero business losing to. We were 7-4. I don’t see how what I said was so crazy.

Perhaps if I’d couched it a bit and said, “don’t pencil in a sweep of Pitt, given how we’ve historically struggled against them, it’s quite unlikely in my opinion that we sweep them” perhaps that might have been better?

7-4. Coming off two bad losses. Lifeless team. Not such an outrageously absurd claim to make as many of you are making it out to be.

I was wrong about the result, but yes, I will defend what I said.

Context matters. And if you all thought on 12/19 it was absolutely a foregone conclusion that we WOULD sweep Pitt, and truly believed that, you’re lying out of your teeth.

Last edited:

I don’t care. Sure, I’ll defend it. Our season was dead in the water at 7-4 and many were not only saying we wouldn’t make the NCAA tournament, but JB’s winning season streak might be in jeopardy.

I want to be 100% clear on this. I am VERY happy to be wrong. Our season has turned around and it’s been quite a reversal.

But on December 19th, when I posted that, I don’t care what any of you thought...the likelihood that we sweep Pitt given the body of work so far season to date was slim to none.

Last edited:
This is exactly why I hide my user history.
I am more often wrong than right.

Good time to lock this thread. HakAttack is a good poster. No need to keep pushing this thread any further

giphy.gif

Y’all can pile on to my claim all you want. I was wrong. We obviously DID sweep Pitt, which I am very happy about.

I made my claim on December 19th, coming off two straight losses at the Dome, one to an OOC opponent we had zero business losing to. We were 7-4. I don’t see how what I said was so crazy.

Perhaps if I’d couched it a bit and said, “don’t pencil in a sweep of Pitt, given how we’ve historically struggled against them, it’s quite unlikely in my opinion that we sweep them” perhaps that might have been better?

7-4. Coming off two bad losses. Lifeless team. Not such an outrageously absurd claim to make as many of you are making it out to be.

I was wrong about the result, but yes, I will defend what I said.

Context matters. And if you all thought it was absolutely a foregone conclusion that we WOULD sweep Pitt, and truly believed that, you’re lying out of your teeth.
You're overthinking all of this. Anyone who has been a fan of this program for any length of time (and I know you have been) should understand how most seasons take some strange twists and turns, but frequently end up surprisingly well. Enjoy the ride. It's a hell of a lot more satisfying that way.

You're overthinking all of this. Anyone who has been a fan of this program for any length of time (and I know you have been) should understand how most seasons take some strange twists and turns, but frequently end up surprisingly well. Enjoy the ride. It's a hell of of a lot more satisfying that way.

Nice post. I appreciate that reminder. It’s hard to stay grounded when it seems a season is going off the rails.

I’m glad to be wrong.

Nice post. I appreciate that reminder. It’s hard to stay grounded when it seems a season is going off the rails.

I’m glad to be wrong.
FWIW, I predicted Buddy would make about 20 threes for the season in the Iggies thread, and later said he would have more DNPs than made threes in the ACC.

FWIW, I predicted Buddy would make about 20 threes for the season in the Iggies thread, and later said he would have more DNPs than made threes in the ACC.

I don’t think you’re crazy to have said that. I probably would have said the same thing. He’s been a very pleasant surprise. I don’t think even the most optimistic Buddy supporters on the board would have seen this coming.

As for Jackson Boeheim, I pegged him at 51...can we give this kid some run.

Jackson, a great American name. I'd consider naming my son that if I ever fornicated. Kinda shocked Boeheim would, though. I'd figure Hamilton or something would be more up his alley.

That's still possible if he keeps this up.

Jackson, a great American name. I'd consider naming my son that if I ever fornicated. Kinda shocked Boeheim would, though. I'd figure Hamilton or something would be more up his alley.
Darn it Cap. I'd assumed you had once fornicated.

Last edited:
Darn it Cap. I'd assumed you had once fornicated.

My reply to this might make less sense than even some of my most drunk posts...and I might need to get more drunk to make it. I'm well on my way, though.