Path to Top 25 Ranking | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Path to Top 25 Ranking

You understand I'm posting this for fans on a message board, and not in the team locker room, right? Many fans like me find this interesting. Looking ahead is what we do. There is only 1 game per week and it is fun to consider what may happen 2-3 weeks down the road. Do you only watch and check scores of SU's game, or do you see how other ACC and ranked teams fare?
Great message, we are not on the team, we can look forward to the end of season all day - everyday and it will have ZERO impact on the team.

As far as the Gameday watch (yeah, I can look ahead, I'm a fan), cross Knoxville off the list since they're hosting the crew this weekend. They host Alabama on Oct 15.

NC State would have to beat Clemson and FSU.

More problematic is Penn State @ Michigan, highly doubt either loses before then.

If Kansas and Oklahoma keep winning, that could also be a problem. Kansas has 3 home games, Oklahoma will be favored in all their games.

Still think USC - Utah would be on the radar too if they both keep winning, even though Utah lost to Florida. Utah is still in the top 15.
Clem @ FSU could also be a big game that day but lets win them all and then FSU at Syracuse could be a game. only a few games that weekend that could be big.. how we get that far who knows.

Clem @ FSU could also be a big game that day but lets win them all and then FSU at Syracuse could be a game. only a few games that weekend that could be big.. how we get that far who knows.

If Clemson @ FSU is a big enough game for Gameday consideration, that means that NC State has 2 losses.

So you kick the can down the road to ND or FSU. But that means we have to win at Clemson.

I'm enjoying this run immensely, but not to the point of thinking we'll run that mid-October gauntlet.

As has been mentioned before. Top 25 matters for perception, recruiting, and how much we’re talked about on the national stage. Ranked outside the 25 nobody is talking about us. If we were ranked 22 right now we’d have a lot more coverage. Right or wrong, it matters.

It does matter. It matters a lot to everyone here. But it only happens one step at a time, one game at a time.

Stay focused.

Go Orange!

#21 Wake Forest lost today.

Also Scott Shafer may be firing up a victory cigar since MTSU is up
on #25 Miami by 14 with three minutes left in the game.

Oregon comes all the way back to take the lead over 3-0 WSU that helps us
A&m in trouble eary helps us
Wake losing helps us
Baylor beat ISU helps us
Texas losing helps us but TT beat them
Miami losing helps us
USc- Ore st. to play
Tenn beating FL helps us
App st losing helps us

Kansas won

Updating for Week 5. Teams highlighted in yellow are either underdogs or favored by less than 7 points.
  • Teams ahead of us likely to lose: Wake Forest, Kansas, Washington State
  • Teams ahead of us unlikely to lose: Minnesota, Florida State, Kansas State, Cincinnati
  • Teams ahead of us not losing: Pittsburgh, Florida
Barring any mayhem, I expect us to move up from #30 to #28 next week. If Cal can take down Washington State, we'll be #27 knocking on the door.
1664285454447.png

I think Nc St loses both of the next 2 games. They have almost the same stats as us and they have played far worse teams on D overall . TT outgained them by 100 and had 4 Tos. Thats hard to do. They better be able to pass to beat Clemson.

Now if FSU loses to Wake they could turn around and lose to NC St on the road and they Have Clemson to follow with all that hype.

No reactions to us making the Top 25 in the Coaches Poll???

There was plenty of reaction.

Not getting much help so far this week. UCLA probably leaps us now at 5-0 with a win over #15 Washington. TCU may be 4-0, and is currently up 34-17 over #18 Oklahoma. We need some chaos ahead of us.

Not getting much help so far this week. UCLA probably leaps us now at 5-0 with a win over #15 Washington. TCU may be 4-0, and is currently up 34-17 over #18 Oklahoma. We need some chaos ahead of us.
Just keep winning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom