Pathetic performance in all facets. | Syracusefan.com

Pathetic performance in all facets.

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
Offense stinks.

Brissett, Hughes and Battle were complete no shows and are all playing worse since last year or the beginning of the season. We are lucky Howard shot the ball for once.

Defense has regressed since last year. We don’t identify shooters at all. Inside play is weak.

I’d rather watch Dolezaj and the freshman play over what I saw today. Worst performance offensively since we played Georgetown with MCW, Triche, and Fair. Just disgusting.

What the hell happened to Elijah Hughes? Serious question. He's given them nothing over the past few weeks.
Desperately need him. Otherwise we will see last year’s team again, with much worse defensive intensity for some reason.

Hughes looks slower, less atheltic and his hands have somehow gotten even worse. He literally does nothing except launch threes and have an occasional block. Hurt? Hit a wall since he didnt play last year?
at this point I'm pointing the blame here on how many charges the man tries to take. Mark Eli down for at least 1-2 attempted charges taken a game.

Teams are playing aggressive defense on us and we're not responding well to it at all

We don’t respond well because we don’t run any kind of an offense. Opponents know they can lock down our scorers because we don’t pass well or run much of an offense. Pretty simple. When our 3s don’t fall, we’re a very mediocre team.

I think this is a talented but poorly constructed team. We get nothing offensively from the center position, but our #1 problem is ball handling. There isn’t a true PG in the rotation, and Frank simply can’t take care of the ball well enough.

Our ACC losses are all similar, and they are all to teams that like to play pressure M2M. Frank can’t get by anybody, we are forced to run our offense closer to half court than the basket, and we get bad look after bad look.

Unfortunately there isn’t a solution on the current roster, and it’s a shame because Battle, Brissett, and Hughes would really excel with a Tyler Ennis type of guard.

Whenever I see Tyus or Frank come down the court with zero passes and launch some off-balance shot just inside the three point line, it gives me the same empty feeling in my soul as Perry Patterson throwing 7 yard West Coast offense passes to Tim Lane on 3rd and 15. It's just like, why am I wasting my time watching this garbage when the coaches aren't taking the time to develop winning schemes?

Many had him pegged for the NBA before the season. That’s laughable now.
I expected a big jump from him this year. Didn’t happen. Sometimes it doesn’t. But I’ve never, ever seen a player like him. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve seen. No exaggeration.

Sort of. But the ACC is a really good league and we were playing on the road. The entitlement and sense that we should be blowing these teams out by 20 is ridiculous. We’ve won twice as many ACC games as we’ve lost we’re having a good year. All our guys have flaws especially the two who had a foot in the NBA since last year and haven’t improved and everyone is pushing out the door ( Oshae and Tyus each have a less than 10 percent chance to go first round.)

I expected a big jump from him this year. Didn’t happen. Sometimes it doesn’t. But I’ve never, ever seen a player like him. It’s the weirdest thing I’ve seen. No exaggeration.

His regression has been amazing. He actually does nothing well.

Hughes looks slower, less atheltic and his hands have somehow gotten even worse. He literally does nothing except launch threes and have an occasional block. Hurt? Hit a wall since he didnt play last year?
That’s why he went to East Carolina. He’s not an ACC player. He should come off the bench.

I think this is a talented but poorly constructed team. We get nothing offensively from the center position, but our #1 problem is ball handling. There isn’t a true PG in the rotation, and Frank simply can’t take care of the ball well enough.

Our ACC losses are all similar, and they are all to teams that like to play pressure M2M. Frank can’t get by anybody, we are forced to run our offense closer to half court than the basket, and we get bad look after bad look.

Unfortunately there isn’t a solution on the current roster, and it’s a shame because Battle, Brissett, and Hughes would really excel with a Tyler Ennis type of guard.
Good post. We lose by 35 without Frank tonight but he is still a huge part of the problem. It is what it is. Ready to get past this year and see what Goodine and JG3 can do. Certainly not sold on Carey beung the answer

Sort of. But the ACC is a really good league and we were playing on the road. The entitlement and sense that we should be blowing these teams out by 20 is ridiculous. We’ve won twice as many ACC games as we’ve lost we’re having a good year. All our guys have flaws especially the two who had a foot in the NBA since last year and haven’t improved and everyone is pushing out the door ( Oshae and Tyus each have a less than 10 percent chance to go first round.)

Brissett isn’t getting drafted. Tyus is projected late second round.

If you had told me before the game that State would have 20 turnovers, I would have given us a 90% chance of winning.

D caused a lot of problems for them one of the things that made that game so maddening. Their d is nothing special.

If we came to play and cared more and were the hungry team we win by double digits. Not sure what’s wrong.

Coaching -

Why not come back to Braswell in the second half?

Why did Sidibe start the second half and play so many minutes? He played 1 minute in the last game... it makes no sense to use him that much tonight.

Why not a single minute of press? We have a nice 7-0 run to pull it to 11... they call timeout. Set up the press!!!!! How do we not play one minute of press?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom