Class of 2020 - Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 Patrick Tapé / Columbia Grad Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get Tape and RB stays give me the 7.5 man rotation JB will play after the exhibition games.

Won't matter since Griffin has to sit out a year.
I actually think this is not a bad thing.

It allows Griffin to develop more into a full time guard.

It allows us to play big on the front line with Marek, Braswell, Newton, and Guerrier as our forwards.

And it protects us from Kadary being one and done. (the kid is special)

Are these 2 transfers good enough to make us a top 25 team?
Here is one statistical model on how the teams in the ACC and country project for next season.

They have made the assumption that Hughes will not be returning, which in all likelihood is going to happen.

Losing his production really hurts our ratings, especially on offense. Gaining Griffin, along with Kadary, Woody and possibly Patrick, is not going to make much of an impact defensively. It will help a little. Hughes was decent defensively, and very poor rebounding. Not hard to match his production on that side of the ball. But having Griffin alone joining the team makes it a lot tougher to defend. Tape, Kadart and maybe even Woody will make us even more difficult to stop on offense.

I think when all that is taken into account, we end up close to where UNC is on offense, and stay the same on defense. Which will make us a border line top 25 team. We might not deserve it but I think the models will project us that way.

Here is one statistical model on how the teams in the ACC and country project for next season.

They have made the assumption that Hughes will not be returning, which in all likelihood is going to happen.

Losing his production really hurts our ratings, especially on offense. Gaining Griffin, along with Kadary, Woody and possibly Patrick, is not going to make much of an impact defensively. It will help a little. Hughes was decent defensively, and very poor rebounding. Not hard to match his production on that side of the ball. But having Griffin alone joining the team makes it a lot tougher to defend. Tape, Kadart and maybe even Woody will make us even more difficult to stop on offense.

I think when all that is taken into account, we end up close to where UNC is on offense, and stay the same on defense. Which will make us a border line top 25 team. We might not deserve it but I think the models will project us that way.

Syracuse ranking is 44

Last edited:
If the top 25 looks like it did last year, then absolutely. Of course it was the worse looking bunch of ranked teams I've ever seen. Mediocre was the name I'm looking for. This lockdown has me watching alot of our older teams. The difference in the play of those teams and even our opponents is off the charts compared to recently. Just imagine where Jerami Grant would go in this years draft.

Because most of these kids are. You think
that rumor is going to hold up. He ll be starting at the 3 in the fall. Book it.
Everything I’ve read has said coaches have been recruiting, in general and transfers, as if nobody would be sitting out a year. Even if the rule isn’t in place this season I would imagine they’ll be very lenient on granting waivers. A lot of teams would be screwed over if transfers have to sit

why?
Do you think
Everything I’ve read has said coaches have been recruiting, in general and transfers, as if nobody would be sitting out a year. Even if the rule isn’t in place this season I would imagine they’ll be very lenient on granting waivers. A lot of teams would be screwed over if transfers have to sit
Yes this is exactly right. Honesty I don’t think Syracuse would have even went after Griffin if he had to sit a year. That’s my opinion.

If we get tape and Griffin is eligible than very likely. If we don't add someone who can help us next year expect a Similar season to last year.

If the top 25 looks like it did last year, then absolutely. Of course it was the worse looking bunch of ranked teams I've ever seen. Mediocre was the name I'm looking for. This lockdown has me watching alot of our older teams. The difference in the play of those teams and even our opponents is off the charts compared to recently. Just imagine where Jerami Grant would go in this years draft.
Teams won’t be getting much better due to no practices. Frankly this helps small schools in upset bids

Yes this is exactly right. Honesty I don’t think Syracuse would have even went after Griffin if he had to sit a year. That’s my opinion.
I absolutely agree he’s filling an immediate need. I’m a UMass fan and it would screw them even worse (would leave us without a starting PG)

I’m sure there’s >100 other examples of this that would piss coaches off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors