Paul George breaks leg... | Syracusefan.com

Paul George breaks leg...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
Not good. Tried to block shot and foot came down and wedged at base of stanchion. Ugly compound fracture. He would have been a starter for this team.

Mother of god...

That video clip is BRUTAL.

That is worse than than the Louisville kid two years ago. That stanchion was closer than normal. Wonder if it were so far forward for marketing purposes. Great publicity... USAB.com

Watching the taping of the game now..going to stop watching...can't watch that..

Saw a still shot of it...brutal. Poor dude.

That's how Nerlens Noel tore his ACL. They need to move that thing back a couple of feet so guys don't hit it on chase downs.

I've only seen a still photo of it and that's more than I needed to see.

Legs should never do that. Bold opinion but I'm sticking with it.

Ugh. That was awful. He was in complete shock.

Agreed with the stanchion, it seemed absurdly close to the court.

I've only seen a still photo of it and that's more than I needed to see.

Legs should never do that. Bold opinion but I'm sticking with it.
I don't think this is what he meant the past couple days when he told everyone that the pressure is on him..I just looked up the video of it. Then I saw the video of the closeup. That's devastating.

Not a good off season for the Pacers. Hope he gets healthy.

I know the stanchion was closer and that's the reason why this happened, but they need to make things safer under the basket. Just a bit more space and you can jam your camera men, etc. in there but give the players room behind the basket. These are the biggest and fastest in the world. I hope PG heals up and comes back stronger than ever.

Chicago fans were screaming "Get Derrick Rose to the safe house!"

Just awful. Seemed like a combination of the Noel and Ware injury situations. Wishing him all the best.

They commented afterwards that the stancheon is 26" closer than in the NBA. and the arena they played at didn't have enough room to have the NBA hoops, because the basket would then block the tunnels. OOF.

Awful - we can only hope that the break was clean and he'll be able to heal and rehab and get back to where he was.

That being said, I don't think we will ever see the NBA dealing with non-regulation courts/courtsides ever again.

That is worse than than the Louisville kid two years ago. That stanchion was closer than normal. Wonder if it were so far forward for marketing purposes. Great publicity... USAB.com

I don't know. Ware had an open tibia fracture. But looking at the still pics that looks like what George has as well. Not good. Definitely worse than an ACL tear if true.

Not good. Tried to block shot and foot came down and wedged at base of stanchion. Ugly compound fracture. He would have been a starter for this team.
Al already knew this would happen.

this is why he wanted Melo to go to the bulls, he sees and knows the unexpected.

the 'paul george pacers' are better than the Knicks and the 'no paul george pacers' are still better than the Knicks.

its all etched in stone, we just cant read it and have to rely on his word.

It's the venue, and is the reason why the NBA told Vegas that they would never get a team in that stadium. The footprint was not designed to play NBA games. They did an interview on ESPN last night with one of their key NBA insiders and he's actually the one who said the stanchion was about 2 feet closer to the court than what an NBA set-up would look like. The reason: the footprint of the arena. If they moved the stanchion back, it would partially block the tunnel that fans need to use to access their seats. It was a BAD decision to play in that place. I bet Thomas and Mack Center doesn't get any further Team USA events after this.

It's the venue, and is the reason why the NBA told Vegas that they would never get a team in that stadium. The footprint was not designed to play NBA games. They did an interview on ESPN last night with one of their key NBA insiders and he's actually the one who said the stanchion was about 2 feet closer to the court than what an NBA set-up would look like. The reason: the footprint of the arena. If they moved the stanchion back, it would partially block the tunnel that fans need to use to access their seats. It was a BAD decision to play in that place. I bet Thomas and Mack Center doesn't get any further Team USA events after this.
And it could quite possibly end Paul's career. Why was the NBA trying to placate Vegas, anyway? The placement of the stanchions were obviously dangerous, and Paul paid the price. I hate our litigious society as much as the next person, but if I were Paul (and my career has been ended), I would have to think seriously about a suit against the NBA.

And it could quite possibly end Paul's career. Why was the NBA trying to placate Vegas, anyway? The placement of the stanchions were obviously dangerous, and Paul paid the price. I hate our litigious society as much as the next person, but if I were Paul (and my career has been ended), I would have to think seriously about a suit against the NBA.
I don't think the NBA has anything to do with this. I could be wrong though. Maybe he sues USA Basketball?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom