Payback for our loss in the NIT | Syracusefan.com

Payback for our loss in the NIT

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Clemson. And might as well throw in the football game. Hope the past is on the chalkboard. Lets smoke these guys like the people you see driving with oxygen tubes in their nose and a cigerette in one hand!

Clemson. And might as well throw in the football game. Hope the past is on the chalkboard. Lets smoke these guys like the people you see driving with oxygen tubes in their nose and a cigerette in one hand!

Talk about dredging up the arcane past.

These guys have plenty of motivation. In the scheme of things, a win over Clemson counts just as much as a win over Duke or Virginia.

albanycuse said:
It was our last game we played against them and I happen to remember it well.

If I recall correctly we were down and made a late comeback only to fall short. Tough loss even with the lowered stakes. Even in the NIT your final loss of the season sucks.

I was following that game along in the Detroit airport awaiting a flight back to Syracuse. Had to board late in the 2nd half and got updates over the phone (old school talking to someone, not these new fancy scoreboard or video apps on smartphones) for the last couple minutes while waiting for the doors to close. I'm pretty sure if it was an NCAA tourney game, I woulda skipped the flight.

I'm having a hard time picturing JB using the football whooping we received as part of his pre-game motivational speech.
Definitely not, but, a lot of the bball and football kids hang out. There might be a little chip on our shoulder today...

We weren't playing the game we wanted to play (and should have been playing). The issue wasn't that we lost to Clemson, we were playing in the wrong tournament. No one cared about the game back then. That's the trouble with a new league, it's really hard to summon up some good old animosity.

Other than they are making us change our shade of orange, for that we should rip out their guts!

It was our last game we played against them and I happen to remember it well.
It's like Bill Murray said in Operation Dumbo Drop , "They say an elephant never forgets, but what they don't tell you is that you never forget an elephant."

I'm having a hard time picturing JB using the football whooping we received as part of his pre-game motivational speech.

no. but i wouldn't feel real bad about running up the final score or even throwing down a cheap meaningless dunk with .6 seconds left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom