Peach Jam | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Peach Jam

Melo was at Peach Jam yesterday. He obviously sponsors Team Melo (Baltimore), but he also sponsors a second AAU team (Black Ops Basketball out of NY-- for his son, Kiyan). I was hoping a pic of Melo and JB would surface from yesterday.

Melo was at Peach Jam yesterday. He obviously sponsors Team Melo (Baltimore), but he also sponsors a second AAU team (Black Ops Basketball out of NY-- for his son, Kiyan). I was hoping a pic of Melo and JB would surface from yesterday.

I would be quite sure they had a chance to catch up. One of those things that when you see someone you know so well taking a picture doesn't cross the mind .

Based on Pool Play it looks like some of our guys are done at Peach Jam... :(
City Rocks - Starling
NJ Scholars - Copeland
Team Why Not - Lands & Bunch
Vegas Elite - not longer our guy, Dior

City Rocks - Starling
NJ Scholars - Copeland
This will sound awful...I want them all to succeed! But the less other coaches see them the better lol! Now they can go home and commit to Syracuse in peace and not have to get pestered by the likes of Scheyer and crackhead Hurley anymore. (Theres a tiny bit of sarcasm here) but the crackhead Hurley part is legit.

City Rocks - Starling
NJ Scholars - Copeland

if they do it like years past, there will also be 4 wild card teams too.

This will sound awful...I want them all to succeed! But the less other coaches see them the better lol! Now they can go home and commit to Syracuse in peace and not have to get pestered by the likes of Scheyer and crackhead Hurley anymore. (Theres a tiny bit of sarcasm here) but the crackhead Hurley part is legit.
Now JJ can go home and wait for the Duke offer

City Rocks - Starling
NJ Scholars - Copeland

i “think” I might have this figured out. Usually Nike plays a summer league and the standings in each pool of the league determines that participants in Peach Jam. This year there was no summer league so this tournament the past week replaced it. By the sounds of it they will determine the participants in Peach Jam based on this past tournament just like they did with the summer league.

Now there are 4 pools of 8 teams. They typically take the top 5 finishers of those pools plus 4 wildcards based on the next highest game winners. You’ve pointed out who those 20 teams will be. But, there’s a 5th pool this year with only 6 teams who only played 5 games instead of 7. I will assume that pool if extra teams can be considered as part of the wild cards.

There are 23 teams who made their pool top 5 or who didn’t that have 3+ wins. That includes Copeland and JJ. So I think they may be in. Their teams will get 2 of the wild cards due to having 3 wins. Now that leaves just one open spot for 8 teams that won 2 games. My guess is that 2 win team selected for the last spot will be Vegas due to having Dior Johnson.

It’s possible the only guys that’ll be left out are Lands and Bunch. Their team only won 1 game. Supposedly Nike is announcing the 24 team field later today.

i “think” I might have this figured out. Usually Nike plays a summer league and the standings in each pool of the league determines that participants in Peach Jam. This year there was no summer league so this tournament the past week replaced it. By the sounds of it they will determine the participants in Peach Jam based on this past tournament just like they did with the summer league.

Now there are 4 pools of 8 teams. They typically take the top 5 finishers of those pools plus 4 wildcards based on the next highest game winners. You’ve pointed out who those 20 teams will be. But, there’s a 5th pool this year with only 6 teams who only played 5 games instead of 7. I will assume that pool if extra teams can be considered as part of the wild cards.

There are 23 teams who made their pool top 5 or who didn’t that have 3+ wins. That includes Copeland and JJ. So I think they may be in. Their teams will get 2 of the wild cards due to having 3 wins. Now that leaves just one open spot for 8 teams that won 2 games. My guess is that 2 win team selected for the last spot will be Vegas due to having Dior Johnson.

It’s possible the only guys that’ll be left out are Lands and Bunch. Their team only won 1 game. Supposedly Nike is announcing the 24 team field later today.
I was thinking City Rocks and NJ Scholars would be on the next in line if they go that route as well. This has been a unique Peach Jam already with a week to still go...

Who have been the top scorers and rebounders not just the Syracuse recruits during the entire Peach Jam?

I was thinking City Rocks and NJ Scholars would be on the next in line if they go that route as well. This has been a unique Peach Jam already with a week to still go...

we’ll know soon enough. Field announced today and games start tomorrow.

I am surprised the Rens lost a game. Their roster is stacked. Anyone see the game they lost? Who ever beat them must have been red hot.

EYBL stats don't always project college stats. Go look at Jalen Carey, Brycen Goodine, and Kaleb Joseph.
You may want to look at him closely. He is in the top 25 lists on a couple of the services.

while I really like Filipowski, I would not mind missing him if Adam Bona was the consolation prize.

Kentucky and Missouri and others in the SEC are looking at him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom