Pearl Washington-Tyler Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Pearl Washington-Tyler Ennis

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
The other day before we played BC I posted that I'd like to see Tyler do the Pearl drive and dish back to a three point shooter. Pearl was so good at dragging defenders in and freeing up the perimeter. Trevor is at his best when squared to the basket with his momentum going forward. With our offense in the tank I think if the staff would work with Ennis on this aspect of point guard play it might help us.

BC did it a number of times with great results.

Unfortunately this video doesn't show the move but I thought it was pretty cool anyway. Fans from the 80's know what I'm talking about, Sherm was pretty good at that DD&KB too.

There was no 3-point shot when Pearl played. But he was an excellent passer after driving into the paint.

The other day before we played BC I posted that I'd like to see Tyler do the Pearl drive and dish back to a three point shooter. Pearl was so good at dragging defenders in and freeing up the perimeter. Trevor is at his best when squared to the basket with his momentum going forward. With our offense in the tank I think if the staff would work with Ennis on this aspect of point guard play it might help us.

Unfortunately this video doesn't show the move but I thought it was pretty cool anyway. Fans from the 80's know what I'm talking about, Sherm was pretty good at that DD&KB too.
No question, CJ and Grant as well. I thought we were doing a great jog at collapsing the D and kicking it Maui thru Duke. Last five games not so much. Less passing, more dribbling and shooting last five games. But when you read JBs quotes in PS not sure JB agrees w us-
"We can't shoot jump shots. So we gotta get to the basket. We gotta drive," Boeheim said. "We did that, we got to the foul line. But we gotta make some." I still think make the drive into the lane , draw the defense and find the open guy near the basket, ie Rak usually has great position when CJ and Grant and Ennis drive it. Dont have to only kick it out to Trevor (altho would love to see much more of that). Bottom line less dribbling more passing. Duke2 game should be very interesting, Go Cuse

There was no 3-point shot when Pearl played. But he was an excellent passer after driving into the paint.
You're right & I knew that the other day when I made the original post but put three point shooter in today. Let me amend that to shooter from distance.

I was watching the game the other night with my daughter when they showed Pearl in the crowd and she asked" Who's that guy?" Took me 15 minutes to explain how good and entertaining he was back in the day. Still some of the best moves/passes I have ever seen.

Listening to the pregame before the BC gaame. Matt Park was interviewing Rak and asked him if he had ever seen pearl's shot against BC. Rak said no and Park went on to pull out his phone and show the play to Christmas. Seemed strange that he had never seen it, with all of today's technology.