Pelicans?? Really? | Syracusefan.com

Pelicans?? Really?

They should be the Jazz, and Utah should change their name. Rumor is MJ wants to turn the Bobcats back to the Hornets now.

Fits:

o05_23507325.jpeg

"Pimps" should be in the name somewhere.

i'd vote for the norleens PEENUGS or POCKONS

"Boudreau see Tibodeau walking down the street one day with a paper bag under his arm. Boudreau say, "Tibodeau, what you got in that bag?" Tibodeau say, " I got some beer in there. Boudreau say, Tibodeau, if I can guess how many of them there beer you got in that bag, can I have one?" Tibodeau say, "Boudreau, if you can guess how many beer I got in that bag, I'll give you both of dem beer." Boudreau say, o.k., six."

They should be the Jazz, and Utah should change their name.

I don't know if you are serious but you do know that they were New Orleans Jazz for only five seasons and that they have been the Utah Jazz for 32 seasons.

That's like saying that if the Minneapolis Timberwolves wanted to change their name to the Minneapolis Lakers you would be all for it.

I don't know if you are serious but you do know that they were New Orleans Jazz for only five seasons and that they have been the Utah Jazz for 32 seasons.

That's like saying that if the Minneapolis Timberwolves wanted to change their name to the Minneapolis Lakers you would be all for it.
I'm just saying based on logic, and it was a bit of a facetious response. But honestly, when they moved to Utah, they couldn't think of a better name than a style of music that has absolutely nothing to do with the region?

utah cannibals would sell some teeshirts. (my favorite restaurant pseudonym is donner party table of 6)

utah is about as jazzy as perrry como covering "misty mountain hop".

It probably would have been in poor taste to name then the New Orleans Hurricanes I suppose...

Winner.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
There's a lot of potential for obvious fan participation. Forget whiting out a stadium- bloodied t-shirt out.

The mascot would be great. I'm envisioning a dunk off the trampoline where the costume has a detachable arm that the guy could leave hanging from the rim.

After a big block or dunk Anthony Davis could do "the shamble."

Get courtside seats for the walking dead cast and other zombie related celebrities.

After a hard foul the PA guy could play a zombie groan sound effect, with the crowd responding in kind. Chainsaw noises and stuff after a big run.

Don't even get me started with the concessions possibilities. Call the chili fries combo bloody fingers or something like that.

This idea is a winner.

Pelicans are cool too though. They poop on stuff.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Considering that one of the symbols of Louisiana is the pelican it makes sense. The Hornets was an unoriginal name that made no sense for New Orleans.

Personally, between me, you, and the internet, I think it should be the New Orleans Swamp People. The halftime shows can consist of gator wrestling, special appearances by people on the show, etc. They could have a three point contest where the winner gets a free Vexcon Pest Control inspection from Billy the Exterminator. (my kids love his show)

Also, the Dance team can walk around the arena and accept beads. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom