Penn State admins plead guilty | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Penn State admins plead guilty

I don't think that'd be so. Since Paterno supposedly passed the allegation up the ladder to Curley et al., i believe he was considered to have met his reporting obligation. What would have been interesting is how the stuff about Spanier deciding not to call CPS would have came out since that e-mail is out there where he states something to the effect of after speaking with Paterno, they essentially decided not to contact CPS. WHY?

I am not sure what is more disgusting at this point, the actions or inactions of Penn State administration with respect to Sandusky, or the cult of JoeBots that are blind to how incredibly vile he and his fellow administrators are/were?

As an aside, nothing amuses me more than when Stugotz on the Dan Lebatard show refers to Paterno rotting in hell (where he will soon be joined by Art Briles).

True that there were administrators above Paterno in title. But no one on that campus had more influence than Paterno. (That in and of itself was a problem.) So it's not enough to simply pass it on to the administrators and then just ignore it while nothing was done. It was a systemic part of the problem in the PSU program. And Paterno was in a position to stop it. He knew. He didn't. End of story.

True that there were administrators above Paterno in title. But no one on that campus had more influence than Paterno. (That in and of itself was a problem.) So it's not enough to simply pass it on to the administrators and then just ignore it while nothing was done. It was a systemic part of the problem in the PSU program. And Paterno was in a position to stop it. He knew. He didn't. End of story.

I dont disagree with anything you said on a moral and ethical level. I think Paterno, his family, and the entire legion of Joe-bots are bunch of deluded, enabling scumbags. Check my post history on this topic. I don't want to go back because it was a long time ago, but i was commenting strictly on the "legality."

And for what it's worth, having lived in Central PA, i find it hard to believe you would find 12 people willing to pull the trigger and find him guilty, even if his conduct was illegal.

All this and yet the front page of their newspaper, this evening, has stories about the 3-4 football players rated four stars who signed up to play for Penn State this weekend.

No consequences. None.

I guarantee you this will be a Hollywood revisionist history fluff piece funded by PSU alums. Money talks. Hollywood walks. Innocent kids be damned.
We'll know if that is true if the Paterno family starts crowing about how fair the piece is, or if they condem it as a hit job. They will not be able to keep quiet one way or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom