Penn State to take down Paterno statue this weekend | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Penn State to take down Paterno statue this weekend

Someone I know covering the story snapped this shot today. Fans "RUSHING" to get one last picture with the statue. I couldn't believe it. This is why the culture at that school is way out of control and football probably needs to be shut down for a while

422258_10151789424815663_481265895_n.jpg

Just left Beaver Stadium. The lines to get pics with the statue are crazy.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Just goes to show you how many people in happy valley could care less about child molestation.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bees, will post my thoughts based on interactions later tonight.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Gawd...you try to defend JoePa by saying "how can you ignore the 60 years of good he did for that school".
A point that I don't think has been made clearly enough--he knew what was going on for at least 13 years. So, no, he did not do good for 60 years.

I really can't believe the people taking the pictures. I mean maybe when all the stuff first went down you could maybe see it (not really, I'm being kind, but still) but after all that has come out and people have had months to reflect on it and think about it; how can you justify this?

Although several PedSt admins and their BOT deny there is a plan to take it down, it just may happen. A reporter who is at the scene reported that Parterno's family is there visiting the statue. Coincidence?

@Ben_Jones88: Paterno family and notable supporters have shown up at the statue over the past few hours.

@Ben_Jones88: Paterno family and notable supporters have shown up at the statue over the past few hours.

Which means it is coming down. What will be interesting is what will be done with it.

Buzz from some staff and faculty at PSU is that it's coming down.

Buzz from some staff and faculty at PSU is that it's coming down.

"Rumor" is it may be tonight.

Could be. I just posted some thoughts from campus visit in the scandal forum.

That statue simply needs to come down.

Someone I know covering the story snapped this shot today. Fans "RUSHING" to get one last picture with the statue. I couldn't believe it. This is why the culture at that school is way out of control and football probably needs to be shut down for a while

At one point, I counted about 50 people there, ages from an infant through late 70s. That said, I'd guess that they represent a minority of Penn Staters.

Could be. I just posted some thoughts from campus visit in the scandal forum.

That statue simply needs to come down.

Yes the statue needs to come down simply because it is a slap in the face to the abused. But it ia only symbolic and nothing tangible. Taking it down does nothing to correct the wrong and punish the guilty, which includes the institution.

Still standing.

It is interesting that PSU knows what the right things to do are - they just don't have the courage to do them.

It is interesting that PSU knows what the right things to do are - they just don't have the courage to do them.
I don't think they do know what's right. I think it's a completely corrupt organization that simply doesn't know what to do. Death Penalty should only be the starting point.

First they want to take down his statue now he gets kicked out of heaven by The Bear
Rob%2BTornoe%2Bjoe%2Bpaterno%2Bheaven.jpg

Penn State prez says statue must come down because it's a negative symbol but Paterno name will remain on the library. In other words, football is the only thing that matters & no one really gives a damn about the library at Penn State.

They should have left it up and put a statute of Sandusky screwing a kid behind it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom