Penn Yan Wrecked by Floods | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Penn Yan Wrecked by Floods

Just spoke to my dad. He said he had a ton of friends, and vollunteers today, and they filled a dump wagon in about 20 minutes. Waiting for the owner to come hook up and dump it, so they can load some more.

If anyone is in the area and has a sub pump, he has about 8 foot of water in his basement that needs to be sucked out.

Sorry to hear bro, and especially sorry to hear this happened to your pops. Great guy. One thought though...how are the Brew House and Lloyd's doing?

Sorry to hear bro, and especially sorry to hear this happened to your pops. Great guy. One thought though...how are the Brew House and Lloyd's doing?

Brew house is good. Lloyds had some water damage in the basement. Olearys is shut down, wagner was trashed

Brew house is good. Lloyds had some water damage in the basement. Olearys is shut down, wagner was trashed

I heard O'Learys and Wagner were in bad shape. I hope everything gets back to Normal. I'll be going up there for an extended weekend in July with some college buddies. We rented a house on the lake.

Wow! What a shame man. Best breakfast ever at the Wagner. Big loss for that community. Sounds like the ol' man is getting the help he needs tho.

Wow! What a shame man. Best breakfast ever at the Wagner. Big loss for that community. Sounds like the ol' man is getting the help he needs tho.

Yea, old man is squared away. Now we just need to find a site to dump the first dump truck load. Sounds like they wont have a site until tomorrow.

image-2488781220.jpg

Dad's drag bike. Thing once broke the world record for speed in the 1/4 mile. Hopefully he can get her going again

Rain last night and today caused more floods. Sounding like Branchport got the worst of this one. Some flooding in PY. My dad says the Brook that caused the first flood, is all the way up to the back of his shop, which is about 15 feet higher than it normally is.

Rain stopped for now.

We tried to get through this without asking for assistance.. It's just looking like it isn't possible. I know I've gotten a lot from this board, and I appreciate it so much, but I need to ask for one more favor.

My dad lost just about everything he had in this flood. Vehicles, tools, motorcycles, furniture, woodstove, hundreds of gallons of paint, ect. My mother lost almost every picture she had, clothes, blankets, everything she had saved up from our childhoods, and their marriage.

It kills me that I'm to far away to help him out with this.

If you could please consider donating even the smallest amount, it would mean the world to us.

Some of you have met my dad at football games, and you will meet him again at the Nova game. He is a huge SU fan.

Thanks for all the kind words.

http://www.gofundme.com/992gus

Clean up is going slow, as the town has yet to find a dump site for debris.

My dad is hesitant to let volunteers go into the shop, as the water has knocked out some support beams holding up the floor. Once he gets the water pumped out enough to jack the floor back up, and place new beams, it will be a little more safe in there.

Someone from the state came by to condemn the building, and my dad told him "You arent condemning this place, this building saw floods before you were even born. It's built out of real shi1t"

So there's that, lol

My old man somehow finding ways to have a little fun. He made this little dude years ago, and we used to high five him whenever we walked by. He found one of my old racing trophies, and a piece of my ninja!

10330484_10152840837933452_7213145209633334242_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom