People are getting lost in the QB recruting issues | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

People are getting lost in the QB recruting issues

Who are our peers? Pittsburgh and BC? Above one and below one, that's not bad.

Our peers are basically all of the P5 teams that are usually in the bottom half of the ACC and Big Ten I'd say. Our fellow 3-6 wins per year bums.

We are 10th right now, I would say not bad after a losing season (not great).
We do need to get to the top 5 each year to be able to have a shot at winning year after year.
THIS is THE year that Dino himself stated multiple times that recruiting would bear the fruits of last year’s 10 win season. I would like to know if Dino thinks this class, as it stands now, is reflective of what he expected from a 10 win season. For context, it was Dino that stated there is a one year lag not board posters.

THIS is THE year that Dino himself stated multiple times that recruiting would bear the fruits of last year’s 10 win season. I would like to know if Dino thinks this class, as it stands now, is reflective of what he expected from a 10 win season. For context, it was Dino that stated there is a one year lag not board posters.
I know he said that
We took our shot at a lot of the big boys this year and missed so clearly the 10 win season didn't help much this year, but it did bring in a few for the February part of last year
I doubt Dino is happy that we didn't get into a top 5 ACC class this year
Clearly this class is not OMG we are winning it all soon
It's a fine class and we still have February to pick up some more pieces

Our peers are basically all of the P5 teams that are usually in the bottom half of the ACC and Big Ten I'd say. Our fellow 3-6 wins per year bums.
So Georgia Tech, NC State, and Pittsburgh are ahead
Wake, Duke, Virginia, BC are behind us

I'd prefer we recruit so well at QB that a well-regarded kid is transferring every year because he's #3 or #4 on the depth chart, and doesn't expect to see the field because the guys in front of him are so good, and more well-regarded QBs are on their way.

Instead we're being fed rationalizations that because we won a couple games with a walk on, things aren't so bad.

I mean, come on. I like Dino, but it's fine to critique him. QB recruiting is terribly disappointing.

Who are our peers? Pittsburgh and BC? Above one and below one, that's not bad.

BC just fired their coach 3 weeks ago so that's probably not a great comparison.

Even with that we're beating BC in signing volume but their avg. of 85.45 for the 13 players they signed is higher than our 83.91 for our 18 players.

All of the teams behind us (19) in 247's rankings have less players signed: Wake (18), Duke (16), UVA (12), BC (13), VT (14) but their player averages are all higher than ours.

Our player average is the worst in the ACC.

Probably a factor of taking flyers on ze Germans and Canadians but it is what it is.

the fact that 10 wins has not translated tells me dino needs to clean house with anyone not named monroe. #deadweight

I don't care about the rankings now. I'll hold my opinion until years 3 and 4 for the 'Croots. SU is not a school that is going to get many impact frosh and sophs. If we get to where we can redshirt most of the classes, I think we'll be generally OK.

the fact that 10 wins has not translated tells me dino needs to clean house with anyone not named monroe. #deadweight
Umm you do realize that recruiting is not the majority of a position coach's job?

I know he said that
We took our shot at a lot of the big boys this year and missed so clearly the 10 win season didn't help much this year, but it did bring in a few for the February part of last year
I doubt Dino is happy that we didn't get into a top 5 ACC class this year
Clearly this class is not OMG we are winning it all soon
It's a fine class and we still have February to pick up some more pieces
I do appreciate your perspective. I have not said either this is an OMG type class. But since Dino himself threw this out last year I want to hear HIS perspective if he got the results HE expected. Of course our local media crew probably won’t ask this question.

I do appreciate your perspective. I have not said either this is an OMG type class. But since Dino himself threw this out last year I want to hear HIS perspective if he got the results HE expected. Of course our local media crew probably won’t ask this question.
They won't and even if they did Dino can easily move on to something about how proud he is of this class and what it can bring and that we have spots left for Feb etc etc

pro teams have vastly more resources and dedicated people to review 10% of the people a college has to review and you can still count on 1 hand the teams that do it right in any sport.

any many times the college teams have issues well beyond the sport itself to over come.

I'd prefer we recruit so well at QB that a well-regarded kid is transferring every year because he's #3 or #4 on the depth chart, and doesn't expect to see the field because the guys in front of him are so good, and more well-regarded QBs are on their way.

Instead we're being fed rationalizations that because we won a couple games with a walk on, things aren't so bad.

I mean, come on. I like Dino, but it's fine to critique him. QB recruiting is terribly disappointing.

prolly people (parents and HS coaches) outside of this board look at DeVito’s numbers and throwing motion and think it would be hard to beat him out

we gas lit ourselves

prolly people (parents and HS coaches) outside of this board look at DeVito’s numbers and throwing motion and think it would be hard to beat him out

we gas lit ourselves

I don't believe that. His numbers are fine -- certainly good by SU standards -- but nothing that would scare off a recruit.

I mean, DeVito came here when Dungey, fully entrenched starter, was heading into his junior season. It was likely that he'd be sitting behind him for 2 years (redshirting for one of those years). That is the exact same circumstance we're in today, except that not a single HS QB signed with us.

It's bad, there's no good way to spin it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom