People forget this is college basketball and the Big East | Syracusefan.com

People forget this is college basketball and the Big East

There is such a fine line between talent, and teams, esp. once into the Big East, that it's insane to micro-analyze, or nit-pick, every single thing. The stuff like "we should destroy WVU, we should destroy ND, we didn't deserve to win, etc", is a comment I would expect from someone that has never watched college basketball.​

Sure, we could board better right now, Dion could step up, KJ could knock of the harlem GT dribbling routing, etc, but we just beat an excellent team, one that has a great coach. Would I be surprised to see them a 6 seed in the tourney and knock off the 3? No way.​
I saw one comment that said it was our worst game of the year? Really? Put a 23 in front of WVU and you don't think the same. There's no difference between WVU, or #'s 20-25.​
ND - my god, they had lost 1 of 30 or whatever at home. Should we win? Sure. Is it a surprise we lost without Fab and a team waiting all year for #1? Nope...​
We got a great (no) call at the end but it's two points. We then have 8 secs to still win. Also, Brandon and Kris got nailed on a few drives. There's four points.​
These kids are 18-22. In a world where adults don't do what they're supposed to, is it a surprise 18-22 aren't perfect? Gtown, Kansas, SDSU, all in the last few hours.​
22-1, 9-1, going to #2 on Monday with Fab coming back soon...enjoy the ride.​

i agree with this. teams win and lose. one call didn't make today's game, and one game doesn't make a season. a win is a win, and we gutted out a win in a game where we shot like crap and got outrebounded, and were missing a starter. screw it, let people cry all they want but we won, and no one is going to remember crap about a missed call a month from now.

WVU has been damn solid this year. They had Baylor beat dead to rights and have a win at K State. Did you know that in Big 12 play, the home team has a 90% win ratio? It is not easy to win in those places. WVU has the BE POY and an All American in Jones and another strong big guy with crafty offensive game in the Turkish. To beat these guys without Fab is absolutely huge.

Lets also be honest here, aside from Fab's absence, this Syracuse team is in a serious funk right now. They are shooting just horribly and are not rebounding at all. I don't think they have played a good game since Villanova. And yet they are winning games against quality teams and doing it home/away. Syracuse is showing some serious ballz and heart.

Today they got out rebounded by 21 and shot 4-20 from three. And won. Dion is 6-29 from the floor inthe games Fab has missed. That tells me that there is almost to depths of badness to which this team could sink and still not have a chance to win a game against 90% of opponents. Sure, do this versus the best of the best and you get beat badly, but we are due to come out of this slump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom