People need to chill a bit, even in what many people consider the hay day | Syracusefan.com

People need to chill a bit, even in what many people consider the hay day

There are some reasons to be concerned. No time to freak out but there are some big time questions and red flags that got raised today.

I am going to NCSU and UMD this season - and those are the peer group games.

We did some good things out there once they got the stars out of their eyes.

What are the rend flags other than the secondary which we have known has been an issue since week 1. It's obvious to see we are dinged up there.

Season comes down to winning one of the next two and hopefully beating wake, Pitt, and bc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed, kids were overwhelmed here. Maryland went down 63-0 today versus flu. There is Clemson/ Fsu and everybody else in the acc and that's fine

Oregon housing Colorado right now absolutely no difference

What are the rend flags other than the secondary which we have known has been an issue since week 1. It's obvious to see we are dinged up there.

Season comes down to winning one of the next two and hopefully beating wake, Pitt, and bc

I have two major ones...

1- Hunts arm? Can he fit balls into tight windows? Is this the reason why the coaches pick Allen over him knowing our WR core is weak and can't get open so they went with the guy with the big arm?

2- My biggest red flag is our coaching staff. That was an awful game plan. They had 13 days to prepare also and that was the game plan they came up. Both offense and defense were terrible. Is Shafer a better coordinator than coach. The kids seems unprepared and tons of flags.

Clemson was just a lot better. That was it period. We need to get more playmakers on offense. Doug was not a good recruiter that is painfully obvious. I think you see why We are recruiting so many wrs.

This game was also lost on 4 badly blown coverages where a Clemson wr was running without an SU player within 10 yds and they scored tds. We literally gave them 28 points

10 yards is as close as we can stay with their receivers. Our DB's are awful and I think our receivers are worse.

We the exception of Clemson, FSU and maybe Miami the entire conference is a mess. Today Wake, who I thought was the weakest team in our division, beat State.

I'm not worried about the talent difference. It is what it is in that regard. We simply can't compete with the Clemson's of the world.

I am worried about the coaching staff, specifically McDonald as the playcaller. Running the same crappy play off the left guard on every 1st down was ridiculous. Sure, there were a few razzle dazzle plays in the 2nd half (that didn't have much chance of working), but the lack of creativity, unpredictability and improvement is alarming. McDonald shows very little imagination and is EXTREMELY predictable. I know we don't have a ton of offensive talent, but come on. Stop running the same 1st down play every single time.

I'm also worried about Hunt's accuracy. He was all over the place with his throws today, with very few on target. It was his first game against a FBS defense and we have little to no receiving talent, so I'm not concerned about the final production. I'm just not liking what I'm seeing with how he throws the ball. Let's hope he quickly improves on that. We saw today the difference between an accurate (and talented, experienced, awesome) and inaccurate QB. And how about we give Hunt some role outs?

Too many mental errors today. That has a lot to do with coaching. Three wasted timeouts within the first 20 minutes of the game? Dumb.

10 yards is as close as we can stay with their receivers. Our DB's are awful and I think our receivers are worse.
Outside of RB, I don't think we have any skill position talent. Our WR's have to be at the bottom of the BCS conference barrel, with our DB's even worse. Right?

People should remember we were playing the third-best team in the country that maybe a national title contender.

We were basically the laughing stock of the college football world for four years not that long ago and just replaced the head coach.

This is the best team in the league - did anyone expect SU did waltz into the ACC and just start being awesome? We will compete with the teams we are suppose to compete with - WF, Duke, BC, etc. If we end up being the fourth best team in the ACC, I would be ecstatic.

We will make the Clemson basketball team look just as incompetent as they made us look today.

Agreed, kids were overwhelmed here. Maryland went down 63-0 today versus flu. There is Clemson/ Fsu and everybody else in the acc and that's fine

Oregon housing Colorado right now absolutely no difference

Sadly, IB, the Buffs are my second team.

I'm not worried about the talent difference. It is what it is in that regard. We simply can't compete with the Clemson's of the world.

I am worried about the coaching staff, specifically McDonald as the playcaller. Running the same crappy play off the left guard on every 1st down was ridiculous. Sure, there were a few razzle dazzle plays in the 2nd half (that didn't have much chance of working), but the lack of creativity, unpredictability and improvement is alarming. McDonald shows very little imagination and is EXTREMELY predictable. I know we don't have a ton of offensive talent, but come on. Stop running the same 1st down play every single time.

I'm also worried about Hunt's accuracy. He was all over the place with his throws today, with very few on target. It was his first game against a FBS defense and we have little to no receiving talent, so I'm not concerned about the final production. I'm just not liking what I'm seeing with how he throws the ball. Let's hope he quickly improves on that. We saw today the difference between an accurate (and talented, experienced, awesome) and inaccurate QB. And how about we give Hunt some role outs?

Too many mental errors today. That has a lot to do with coaching. Three wasted timeouts within the first 20 minutes of the game? Dumb.

Hunt had absolutely nobody open and was running for his life constantly. I don't think any alarms should be raised about him today. He struggled, but just about every QB out there would struggle under those circumstances.

Definitely some concerns, but if you are in anyway surprised we lost or in the way in which we lost you have been living in a fantasy world. Our chance to win existed but it was very slim. If we get crushed by NC state feel free to panic.

This game was also lost on 4 badly blown coverages where a Clemson wr was running without an SU player within 10 yds and they scored tds. We literally gave them 28 points

That's the most irritating thing to me. I didn't expect us to win this game - Clemson from a talent perspective is way ahead of us. But the blown coverages have nothing to do with talent. That and the false starts.

Keon Lyn may have an NFL body but he's got a long way to go.

i would feel a whole lot better if shafer took over the defense tomorrow-
I think he runs it from the field, at least that is what it has looked like from TV a few times I've seen. I would not doubt if he has veto power on some calls.

Hunt had absolutely nobody open and was running for his life constantly. I don't think any alarms should be raised about him today. He struggled, but just about every QB out there would struggle under those circumstances.

Their D Line was getting great push all game. They ate up our pass protection. I think that has more to do with the talent of their D line than a serious issue with our O line.

Definitely some concerns, but if you are in anyway surprised we lost or in the way in which we lost you have been living in a fantasy world. Our chance to win existed but it was very slim. If we get crushed by NC state feel free to panic.

I agree didn't expect to win the game but I was hoping to see some flashes from Hunt and from a good game plan from our coaches. Both those things didn't happen. Our players looked lost to start the game.

This is the best team in the league - did anyone expect SU did waltz into the ACC and just start being awesome? .

Unfortunately some of the annoying people posting who seem to relish posting here after losses and complaining have exactly those unrealistic expectations.

We got soundly beaten today by a much more experienced and talented team, nothing more, nothing less.

Their D Line was getting great push all game. They ate up our pass protection. I think that has more to do with the talent of their D line than a serious issue with our O line.

Yeah, they didn't even have to blitz to get pressure. Their D Line was just constantly collapsing the pocket. Hunt really had no chance.

The OL sprung a few holes for huge runs. They couldn't consistently open holes, but still to open some for huge runs like they did against that D Line was a positive. Pass blocking was another story though.

Unfortunately some of the annoying people posting who seem to relish posting here after losses and complaining have exactly those unrealistic expectations.

We got soundly beaten today by a much more experienced and talented team, nothing more, nothing less.

Agreed. They were too good. I really wish we could've scored to make it 35-21 though. We were right down there, twice and came away with nothing. The game was starting to get fun after the interception, and the fake punt. 35-21, and it would've got really interesting...at least for a bit.

vegas had it under 14 -we weren't the only ones expecting more

we made them look great