People on this board dissing Marrone, Hackett, et al | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

People on this board dissing Marrone, Hackett, et al

I thought I was a crazy fan until I came to this board. Most of you make me seem normal. I'm a diehard Syracuse fan. I absolutely get great joy watching SU football and basketball. But at the end of the day, it truly is entertainment. I don't feel the need to stress over the things I can't control. Coach Marrone left, Southerland is out indefinitely, so and so got arrested. Whatever. Life happens. I'll watch the next game regardless. At one point maybe it got to me personally, but not anymore (and I am only 22, when I was a kid I got crushed by losses/suspensions/etc. I took it personally. This board has truly given me some perspective).

You act like the Bills were the only team who wanted Marrone. He was highly sought after. When was the last time the Bills were able to hire a coach that other teams actually wanted? Relax, we're in good hands.

"He" was sought after. Don't know how much he and a plethora of college coaches with no NFL experience were sought after.

"He" was sought after. Don't know how much he and a plethora of college coaches with no NFL experience were sought after.

How much value do position coaches have in the NFL? I've never sweated position coaches because I figured players at that level already know how to play. But I have no idea. My only concern really is Hackett, but Marrone knows him well and he wouldn't have given him the keys if he didn't think he was fully capable.

How much value do position coaches have in the NFL? I've never sweated position coaches because I figured players at that level already know how to play. But I have no idea. My only concern really is Hackett, but Marrone knows him well and he wouldn't have given him the keys if he didn't think he was fully capable.

No idea of their "value". If it isn't much, then why not hire a bunch of young kids on the cheap? As to real salary, like I said in another thread, those thinking Anselmo was crazy not to go to the NFL where he would TRIPLE his salary re probably off quite a bit. I looked up average NFL asst salaries. Not including the coordinators and the very rare asst (like Kiffin), the best I could fine in multiple places was $150k - $450k. Depended upon role and years in the NFL. Now since Anselmo isn't even a positoion coach but is just a defensive asst, I am going to guess he is closer to the lower end. How much do you think he made at SU? I don't know myself but I bet it was 6 figures and in the $150k range. So if he tripled his salary, that puts him near the top of all NFL assts. Not buying it.

Game planning is huge with the assistants in the NFL.

Chris Mortensen said on WEEI last Friday Doug Marrone had his choice of the Buffalo, Cleveland, and San Diego jobs and choose Buffalo. As much anger I have at DM for his vindictiveness towards taking NH last second, he was sought after by and was offered 3 NFL jobs. Buffalo is going to suck cause they are a small market team and don't have the horses to compete with New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore for the forseeable future. Until Buffalo gets a stud QB they will continue to be mediocre/poor each season and as much as I thought Nassib was a good college QB I don't see him saving the Buffalo franchise like he is most likely to get drafted to do.

No idea of their "value". If it isn't much, then why not hire a bunch of young kids on the cheap? As to real salary, like I said in another thread, those thinking Anselmo was crazy not to go to the NFL where he would TRIPLE his salary re probably off quite a bit. I looked up average NFL asst salaries. Not including the coordinators and the very rare asst (like Kiffin), the best I could fine in multiple places was $150k - $450k. Depended upon role and years in the NFL. Now since Anselmo isn't even a positoion coach but is just a defensive asst, I am going to guess he is closer to the lower end. How much do you think he made at SU? I don't know myself but I bet it was 6 figures and in the $150k range. So if he tripled his salary, that puts him near the top of all NFL assts. Not buying it.

I agree. I don't think Anselmo got much of a bump at all. Which makes you wonder why he left. People forget that Anselmo is a Syracuse alum as well (graduates degree).

You act like the Bills were the only team who wanted Marrone. He was highly sought after. When was the last time the Bills were able to hire a coach that other teams actually wanted? Relax, we're in good hands.

I'm just hoping the worst case scenario doesn't come to pass. However, we are half way there as it appears DM tried to leave SU in a tough spot. Hopefully, he doesn't complete the daily double and burn the Bills to the ground in the process.

I'm sure that's not his plan. I'm guessing the goal is to make the playoffs and move into the Giants or Jets dream jobs when they become available.

I'm just hoping the worst case scenario doesn't come to pass. However, we are half way there as it appears DM tried to leave SU in a tough spot. Hopefully, he doesn't complete the daily double and burn the Bills to the ground in the process.

I'm sure that's not his plan. I'm guessing the goal is to make the playoffs and move into the Giants or Jets dream jobs when they become available.

If that were to happen I would lead the Syracusefan.com Marrone Mob.

I agree. I don't think Anselmo got much of a bump at all. Which makes you wonder why he left. People forget that Anselmo is a Syracuse alum as well (graduates degree).
May be just a get your foot in the door type thing.

Maybe Syracuse should promote St Thomas Aquinas' Rocco Casullo? Oh yeah wait, Marrone burned that bridge to.
Shafer and Casullo get along real well according to Rocco.

Sorry, Dan. That is an utter falsehood. Just utterly false. Or if it's true I never witnessed it, never heard about it and Donnie, a good friend of mine, never told me.

Fascinating, to say the least. Dasher and OE are both referring to blacklisting of Donnie - a significant incident, but Dave R has no knowledge of it. Oh the drama, just who to believe?

Fascinating, to say the least. Dasher and OE are both referring to blacklisting of Donnie - a significant incident, but Dave R has no knowledge of it. Oh the drama, just who to believe?

I think it's funny that Rahme debunked this myth in this thread, yet no one really acknowledged it.

I think it's funny that Rahme debunked this myth in this thread, yet no one really acknowledged it.

not sure dave debunked a myth. but he did debunk a specific incident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom