Per Pete Moore: Only BB Game Questions In The Post Game Presser* | Syracusefan.com

Per Pete Moore: Only BB Game Questions In The Post Game Presser*

They should skip the post game presser then.

That's the way it should be and if the media can't respect that, JB should just walk away. I hope JB doesn't give them an opening to start asking other questions though.

Anyone know what JB's record for shortest presser is? Because methinks today is gonna break that record...

I'm thinking the over/under on JB walking out is 1.5 questions.

I'll take the under

That's the way it should be and if the media can't respect that, JB should just walk away. I hope JB doesn't give them an opening to start asking other questions though.

Why should it be that way? There are huge questions floating around the team, the coaching staff and the program. Isn't it the media's job to ask those questions when they get the opportunity? It seems to me that that press conference has the potential to get ugly. Why have it?

Why should it be that way? There are huge questions floating around the team, the coaching staff and the program. Isn't it the media's job to ask those questions when they get the opportunity? It seems to me that that press conference has the potential to get ugly. Why have it?

it is a post game presser about the game.

"Without Bernie Fine we dont win 10 ing games this year, not 10! And to say he molested two former ball boys? thats the most bull- thing ive heard in 30 years!"

Ha, you can request it, but I would be shocked if it happened. Wonder what happens when they start going off topic, which will probably happen sometimes around QUESTION 1.

Unsurprising, and the way it should be, as others have said. This press conference is a POST-GAME press conference, meaning the topic at hand is the game right before it. If this were a weekly presser, I would understand, but it isn't.

Also, I have to imagine after his initial statement, Boeheim is not supposed to keep spewing his thoughts throughout this investigation, not sure anyone would like that.

I agree. We are all in. Nobody cares about Colgate. The national media is only going to be talking about the allegations. Boeheim dodging Qs will be a national headline. A walk out will look bad. This isn't going away, so why refuse to field questions?

We can't be trying to keep things close to the vest, we can't try to move on and focus on basketball, and the JB has already established a position that, unless JB is lying, is safe to talk about in public. There isn't much chance of a "gotcha question" if JB is honest and can stick to his main point: he's never seen any credible evidence at all that Fine did anything and that there was no cover up.

If journalists ask questions that JB doesn't know, he can simply explain that he can't speak for others, or doesn't have any personal knowledge of certain matters. I understand that he may not want to commit to a position on every possible detail, because then his credibility could be destroyed by something mundane and irrelevant. But everyone watching will intuitively grow skeptical if JB ducks questions for this reason, while on the contrary, everyone would tend to cut JB some slack and hear him out if he is open, transparent, earnest, etc. Giving a few interviews to friendly journalists might not be enough.

focusing on the Colgate dunk fest is not the thing to do right now.

I hope Swartz shows up and he and JB get into a cage match.

OK, I don't really hope that happens. I actually don't think Swartz has the nuts to show his face around JB right now.

diminishing returns. we got a bounce from jb speaking. It could only hurt us now. The media (espn) could make whatever jb says a big story. Let it die it's own death.

Hey Jim 2 part question, can you talk about the imrprovement of james southerland? and how often did you see bobby davis?

diminishing returns. we got a bounce from jb speaking. It could only hurt us now. The media (espn) could make whatever jb says a big story. Let it die it's own death.

But I think that is too transparently strategic. The whole country realizes what you are saying: if we shut up now, we "played it right" PR-wise, for the moment, and got a reprieve. But if we let strategy and PR basics drive our disclosure decisions, we won't win in the long run, even if Fine in innocent. And if the allegations are true, the program is screwed either way.

This reprieve we are enjoying is not the solution. The national media is tuned in, and they will not be pleased with JB refusing questions. SU convinced a large portion of the country to withhold judgement by being open, talking with media, fielding questions, and promising transparency. We will destroy our right to be heard by refusing to talk. Refusing questions today, only a few days after the allegations, undermines the progress we have made.

The biggest reason many non-SU fans are willing to wait-and-see, is because JB is talking and SU promised transparency.

We are only out of the woods on this if we show transparency. JB refusing to take questions is the opposite of transparency: especially when tons of media show up for the obvious purpose of asking these important questions. These questions ought to be answered.

If JB declines to explore these issues now, so that we can "focus on the game," it will make others more likely to believe JB may have declined to explore these same issues back then.

His answer to every question would be roughly the same anyway: "I never saw any credible evidence of wrongdoing, there was no cover up." He can always decline to answer a couple questions, with respect to the investigation. I hope he steps up to the plate, the attorneys had plenty of time to prepare.

ESPNNews says "we'll break from college football when Boeheim has big post game presser. You have to think he'll address these allegations"

Real nice reporting. Again, making it look to the home viewers like JB will avoid the questions even though it's already been stated.

Thought JB handled it very well. Still classic JB...brutally direct and honest. But he kept the discussion on basketball.

My favorite question: "Is there anything you wished you didn't say?"
(Gee that almost sounds like a chance to say it again.)

Thought JB handled it very well. Still classic JB...brutally direct and honest. But he kept the discussion on basketball.

Agreed, he handled the whole thing very well. They went off-topic, but all of JB's answers were pretty much what you would hope for.

My favorite question was the one about noticing the seat next to him being left open, and JB congratulating the person on their powers of observation.

Fantastic insight about negative recruiting... basically Jimmy said that he hopes people talk about this to sway a kid to go to their school... because if they are talking negative about Cuse, will be talking negative about that player soon as well... we (Cuse) focus on positive...

Clearly upset but still found ways to integrate humor into conference... also clarified Joe Pa remark...felt bad for how it was being taken out of context... his point was that he did NOT know about any abuse/attack...

I think that JB was excellent. He addressed "program" issue head on. The harder they go after Bernie! the harder JB will digg in. If there is proof of wrong doing and he is proven wrong he wil deal with it.
This is exactly what a parent or recruit wants to hear. He will put all on the line for "his people" until proven wrong. If you want to negative recruit based on this --- go ahead. If you have a problem with this we don't want you!. We sell integrity and we aren't going anywhere.

His response to that question was very good. He did well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom