Perceived strength at the 3 for SU. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Perceived strength at the 3 for SU.

Generally, basketball heights are pretty inflated, but I think 6'8" is pretty close for CJ, he's quite tall and lanky. He has a good inch and a half on Kris, who is probably like 6'6", 6'6.5"

I think the question here is less about who starts and more about minutes distribution. A potential recruit may be scared away by the fact that it appears there are several players in line to earn significant minutes in the front court for the next two or three years. There's no way CJ plays fewer than 20 mpg for the next three (health not withstanding). Xmas and Keita are locks for big minutes as well based on Christmas' pedigree and Keita's flashes last year (he appears to have a really unusual combination of quickness and size). And while I am skeptical to a degree on Fab, it's hard to imagine he won't see plenty of PT as well. Add to that Southerland as at least potential competition and I don't think it's crazy for a recruit to look at that roster and think, "damn, i've got some serious work to do to get in this rotation - regardless of whether I'm a 3, 4 or 5."

Edit: Oops, forgot Dash was gonzo. Thanks Rossco

Cj is 6'7'' 1/2 to 6'8'' tall with long limbs. I am 6'5'' and I stood next to CJ and KJ last week at the Melo Center, and both of them is easily 2'' taller than me, and CJ is noticably taller than Kris. I think everyone will be suprised to see that CJ jumper was awesome. Everybody was playing off CJ for the drive and he knocked down 3's after 3's... and it opened up his whole game...It was only 1 day but from what I've heard he has been consistant and made adjustments in his mechanics.. I am truly optomistic of this year Cuse talents.. Go Cuse :rolling:

:)Cj is 6'7'' 1/2 to 6'8'' tall with long limbs. I am 6'5'' and I stood next to CJ and KJ last week at the Melo Center, and both of them is easily 2'' taller than me, and CJ is noticably taller than Kris. I think everyone will be suprised to see that CJ jumper was awesome. Everybody was playing off CJ for the drive and he knocked down 3's after 3's... and it opened up his whole game...It was only 1 day but from what I've heard he has been consistant and made adjustments in his mechanics.. I am truly optomistic of this year Cuse talents.. Go Cuse :rolling:
I pray that's correct because if so that makes us even more dangerous.

I pray that's correct because if so that makes us even more dangerous.
That would be great if he has grown in stature and game. From his HS videos, he had a great little 12' -15' pull up jumper. Adding a 3 to his arsenal would indeed make him a top flight 3.

i said before and I'll say again. CJ has the most upside of anyone on this team.

The initial post in this thread was kinda weird, seemed like it was making a great case for CJ to be a starting forward on this team, but instead the conclusion was that he shouldn't start, possibly ever. Odd.

CJ may or may not start this year (I'll bet he does), I will bet strongly that he plays the second most minutes amongst the forwards. I don't know if he's 6-5 or 6-8, I'll bet he's at least 6-7 in shoes though. Neither he nor Kris are true 4's, but they're both fairly long and athletic, and that's plenty sufficient for the 2-3. As far as his jumper is concerned, I believe the reports that his looks good. It seemed to me like he was kept on a leash last year and for the most part was discouraged from taking 3's. I remember his one and only made 3 (he was 1-3 for the season), it looked pretty smooth to me. I'm sure he'll have greater freedom this year in the offense and certainly the opportunity to fire from the perimeter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom