Percentage chance of us getting in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Percentage chance of us getting in

The people who don't look at the numbers and stats are the ones who don't think we have a chance.

Now other teams could play their way in and knock us out but we have a better chance than most thing.

We have better wins than most of these bubble teams. If these teams win they we will fall out but right now we have a better resume.

The people who don't look at the numbers and stats are the ones who don't think we have a chance.

Now other teams could play their way in and knock us out but we have a better chance than most thing.

We have better wins than most of these bubble teams. If these teams win they we will fall out but right now we have a better resume.

most of the "experts" and I use that term lightly - have us out. They absolutely look at the numbers and the stats.

This is kind of like our football recruiting stars at this point. Sure we can be the diamond in the rough and prove all of the experts wrong... but if all of the "experts" are saying we are a 2 star, chances are we arent going to make the tournament.

most of the "experts" and I use that term lightly - have us out. They absolutely look at the numbers and the stats.

This is kind of like our football recruiting stars at this point. Sure we can be the diamond in the rough and prove all of the experts wrong... but if all of the "experts" are saying we are a 2 star, chances are we arent going to make the tournament.
Joe Lunardi who is a bleeping moron has us first out.

He has St. Bonaventure in. Look at the Bonnies resume. I did it yesterday.

They played 1 P6 team in the non-conference. It was Syracuse and they lost that game.

They didn't challenged themselves. They split with Dayton, swept St. Joe's, and beat George Washington.

Compare that to Syracuse who challenged itself in the nonconference. Beat Duke, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and UConn only one of these games were at home.

Lunardi the expert has St. Bonaventure in over Syracuse. That tells me all I need to know.

Now teams below us could play themselves in but our resume is a lot better than these idiots give us credit for. Having us just out means we could make it as Lunardi is not the committee.

Somewhere between these two.
upload_2016-3-11_9-42-36.jpeg
upload_2016-3-11_9-42-48.jpeg

Yes the "we don't deserve it" crowd...

Considering roughly half of the bracket matrix projections still have us in, I'm thinking our chances are about 50/50 right now. That could change a bit either way after some important games today. There's a few bubble teams that don't want to tack another "bad loss" onto their resumes...

I think we are in. I know I am setting myself up for disappointment but I refuse to believe that our resume is less than the other teams on the bubble. If you assume that the last 10 games is not a consideration (which it is not supposed to be) and you assume that we get some benefit of the doubt for JB's absence (which they said they'd do), I think we are in Dayton. Now, if they do take the last 10 into consideration and just pay lip service to JB being out, then I still think our resume is better than enough teams to make it to the dance, but if they they do what they say they will do, I think we are in. Remember, Lunardi and Palm never get 100% of the teams in. There are teams that these guys have out that will be in the dance. Always happens. This year that team is SU.

The one wildcard is the JB factor. I don't think Palm or Joey Numbnuts (or the other pundits) have taken that into consideration at all in their projections. If the committee does use it, it could push us over the hump. Not overly optimistic, but seeing as we are right on the cut line for most, this could possibly give us the edge and squeeze us into Dayton...

The one wildcard is the JB factor. I don't think Palm or Joey Numbnuts (or the other pundits) have taken that into consideration at all in their projections. If the committee does use it, it could push us over the hump. Not overly optimistic, but seeing as we are right on the cut line for most, this could possibly give us the edge and squeeze us into Dayton...
Exactly, Lunardi says that JB is overblown and he has SU as the first team out. Take JB into consideration and how do we not become at least the last team in. We have the OOC wins and the road win at Duke to justify our inclusion into the dance even without JB. The committee has to be careful though because it does seem kind of unfair to say that SU got in because we got a benefit of the doubt due to our coach being out because we broke the rules. Therefore, if we get in, I can hear the committee guy saying on Sunday that JB was not really a factor because they thought SU's resume was strong enough against the other bubble teams anyway.

Right now we are in the field.

I honestly don't get how people don't see this.

Now Michigan/Ohio State/UConn/St. Bonaventure/Tulsa/Florida/Alabama and I am missing others could move up.

However right now our resume is better than every single one of these teams.

Look at Vanderbilt/Texas Tech we matchup with them as well.

Now Michigan/Ohio State/UConn/St. Bonaventure/Tulsa/Florida/Alabama and I am missing others could move up.

I think you're being too optimistic here. I have no problem being proven wrong on this. But I don't think the resume is quite as good as you do. The st johns loss is going to be a killer

20%. We need too many things to break our way. Equivalent of drawing to an inside straight.

The AAC games are important but not as important as Florida, Ohio State and Michigan losing today. If those teams win we are screwed. The AAC conference is historically not viewed positively by the committee. Last year everyone said Temple was in and they didnt get in. Two years ago it was SMU. Same result.

Bottom line is root hard against Florida, Ohio State and Michigan today and we can take our chances with the AAC teams

Last edited:

Therein lies the rub. Too many teams are alive and positioned to pass us (although that flies in the face of the November games count as much as the March games theory) even if granted (somewhat charitably imo) that SU is in as of now.

Ill be the first to call that IF we get in, were cutting down the nets. Cooney is going to play like the unstoppable force we always knew he could be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom