Perspective on how good the 2024 class is (so far) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Perspective on how good the 2024 class is (so far)

It's awful quiet on the football home front. I just hope this is the "Calm before the Storm ".

We need to back step this a bit. Yes it was 3 weeks, but we got done built in kids because of the newly hired assistants.

But it’s still crazy impressive.
That almost sounds like a back-handed compliment. It's as if you're saying these "built-ins" may dry up because these coaches are no longer affiliated with an SEC brand? Shouldn't we assume they will continue to develop relationships with kids just as they always have?

I think someone else nailed it. If we do well next year, 9+ wins, the sky's the limit. Anything less and the new staff may struggle to repeat this success.

That almost sounds like a back-handed compliment. It's as if you're saying these "built-ins" may dry up because these coaches are no longer affiliated with an SEC brand? Shouldn't we assume they will continue to develop relationships with kids just as they always have?

I think someone else nailed it. If we do well next year, 9+ wins, the sky's the limit. Anything less and the new staff may struggle to repeat this success.
Not so sure look at Deion 4-8 still rolling

I think the new staff can sell the sizzle (while they are undefeated) and they don't necessarily need 9 wins in season 1 to continue strong recruiting in years 2 and 3. Start and upward trend and sell playing time.

They likely have built relationships with kids in the junior and even soph classes. More importantly, they have relations with high school coaches in our NY, NJ and Atlantic region that should work indefinitely. Sure, it will take the transition from the SEC brand to SU and Upstate. Lots of reason to be optimistic that it is not a flash in the pan.

I agree with your second paragraph. Everything is going our way recruiting wise, but if the coaches lay an egg in terms of game plan and execution on the field in the fall, we may let the lightning out of the bottle.

I think what Jake’s comment meant was “don’t think that because they did this in three weeks at Syracuse that what they do over 52 weeks next year will be ~ 17 times better.” They had already built these relationships, so this wasn’t really done “in three weeks.”

I think the new staff can sell the sizzle (while they are undefeated) and they don't necessarily need 9 wins in season 1 to continue strong recruiting in years 2 and 3. Start and upward trend and sell playing time.

They likely have built relationships with kids in the junior and even soph classes. More importantly, they have relations with high school coaches in our NY, NJ and Atlantic region that should work indefinitely. Sure, it will take the transition from the SEC brand to SU and Upstate. Lots of reason to be optimistic that it is not a flash in the pan.

8 is the magic number; you can win 9 in a bowl. That seems attainable.
Anything beyond that just accelerates the process, and keeps the recruiting rolling. But with all these dudes we just bought in, 6-6 is a buzz kill.