Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread on Twitter about yukons first night is awesome regarding akok...a must look!

I feel bad for the Huskies, not for Rutgers though

I think we can’t get too excited or worried until after AA visits Cuse. The tide seemed to shift after QG visited Cuse and given our campus and facilities advantages over UConn that could happen here as well. To be clear I think the players have helped us with QG versus Oregon, not the facilities, as long as he gets to Cuse for a visit, I don’t see any reason not to be fairly optimistic.

Mostly deleted tweets. I assume the gist was that he didn't have a good time and/or the event wasn't impressive?

Screenshot_20181013-000506_Twitter.jpg

I am with you. I am just not sure what Hurley is selling to these guys? He had decent success at RI, but not otherworldly. He has as of yet no track record at UCONN. They play in a bad conference against teams that don't matter, and they don't even play on campus. Truly think if Ollie couldn't succeed there, with his connections to pro athletes and his national freaking title with Jim's players, nobody will, unless they get called up to the P5.

The Hurley family are legends. Everyone knows what his dad did at St. Anthony's and the literally hundreds of kids he helped earn scholarships. As much as everybody hated Bobby, he won a national championship and is a good coach. Danny was a very good player at Seton Hall, and he has stayed in his backyard, where his family name means the most. There's no reason he can't do a fine job at UConn. We don't have to be hating on former foes so much that we lose objectivity.

I think UConn is a bit delusional about their talent and who they might land, but recognize that there's no reason that they can't be a Butler kind of program going forward, with the right guy if he decides to stay around if he is successful. I think they are wise to pick a coach to reconnect with their northeastern roots since they play so many league teams from across the country - no natural rivalries in conference in the AAC. Hurley may realize his own ceiling as a coach, and may think that if he gets them back into the tournament on a regular basis, this might be a long term job for him. That's a best case scenario, but it could happen. Depends on how hungry Hurley is, and how successful he is.

This is their post-Pasqualoni pick for coach after how Kevin Ollie turned out. Either Hurley stabilizes the program, or they go into a ditch for good. I think Hurley was a really good hire for them, and might work out.

Poster on Yukon board saying they got him and he verbaled...comments that followed indicate he is a decent poster over there. Probably B.S. but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom