Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or we just win the national championship this year, which enables players like Hughes / Brissett / Sidibe to all capitalize on the national attention and jump to the NBA as first round picks.

Then, Guerrier, Akok, and Stewart all slide right into starting roles.

Easy-peasy.

That works for me. Put a bow on it and let's do it.

I have no idea what’s going on with Akok Akok, but at some point it’s very likely that we may lose a recruit to Uconn. Hurley is a very very good recruiter.

If you’re going to take shots at kids or our staff for losing recruits to UConn, you’re not being realistic.

Hurley is a very good hire. He will likely get Uconn back to the dance. The issue UConn will have is if they can keep him, or if they become a stepping stone job.
he'll have to do it in a hurry, with that impatient & irrational fan base.
they fired program hero - and crapped all over their own program to do so - just 4 years after winning a national title. they are so wedded to their terrific recent past & unwilling to recognize the changed reality that i think uconn has become possibly the toughest job in the country

That hour or so where they thought Akok committed to them over us was probably the high point of UConn basketball for the last 3-4 years.
somewhere in the multiverse, there is a version of earth where uconn is in the b1g and has the top recruiting class in the nation

but it ain't here

From what I was told this morning, he is not going to UConn, he was having a great visit and then towards the end he had a change of heart, don't think he got along with Wahab.
understandable; he's not the first person to be turned off by wahabism

Ehhh if Jake says it that’s usually good enough for me.

typically yes, please name one five star recruit he's landed thus far though. its belief without evidence and id concede maybe he's a good recruiter without evidence, but to say he's very very good without a top 50 kid committed yet?

typically yes, please name one five star recruit he's landed thus far though. its belief without evidence and id concede maybe he's a good recruiter without evidence, but to say he's very very good without a top 50 kid committed yet?
it must go something like this - he got 3* kids to a lower mid major which translates to 5* kids to slightly less lower mid major

Spot on. I'd also add that the only "true" traditional position player JB needs is a true 1, though we have played combo guards there as well.

JBs 2-3 allows him to use positional flex via length. A shot blocking big can play the 5 (think Lydon); long 2s can swing 2-3-4 in the zone.

It's much harder to do this playing M2M because of mismatches.
It creates offensive mismatches for SU.

Being a good recruiter doesn’t by default mean that you feel in five stars.

But that being said yeah at a program like Uconn he’s gonna have to close the deal on some of these guys and that’s easier said than done.

Being a good recruiter doesn’t by default mean that you feel in five stars.

But that being said yeah at a program like Uconn he’s gonna have to close the deal on some of these guys and that’s easier said than done.

Let me repeat for you, “very very good”.

All we really know is that someone who is really plugged in for UConn said Akok verballed and doubled up on it when the reports came out that he didn't actaully verbal.

Now, our insiders (besides the ghost of O13) have done a good job of leading us in the right direction but not out right spilling the beans.

It's the same thing if someone like Jake said Stewart verballed to us; 99% of us would take it for gospel.

Other than the talking that UConn is doing, I don't see that anywhere else.
It is interesting that jordville has been adamant about Hurley/the staff feeding all this information to Corey Evans, etc. in order to get buzz around the program.

Maybe it's just me, but how can you preach "trust" and do stuff like taht

I have no doubt Hurley will get them back in the mix, especially with his aggressive defensive mantra. The thing UConn fans will expect that he won't be able to just pick up and and run with is the ability Calhoun had to find guards and bigs that could dominate creating huge mismatches. UConn struck gold with a run of great individual players at guard who all had the it factor, along with centers who developed into elite defensive players. So yes they will get back to being relevant ( sigh) but that magic Calhoun brought is a different story and watch how quickly their fans will get frustrated with that missing piece.

Not hyping. Seen him in person. So have the others who have posted about him. If Rick Pitinos opinion along with others isn’t enough for you I don’t know what to tell you.

Every school misses on guys. If we get Girard and Guerrier we’ve hit 3 of our top targets with a lot of time left to recruit.
I’m looking forward to seeing him in action. When we first recruited him, I thought he was a high jumper who stumbled into basketball late. But now, to find out he was always a basketball player whose coach told him to do track gives me confidence he can play

Dan Hurley has done well recruiting at his prior two stops. He’s still a buffoon.

Dan Hurley has done well recruiting at his prior two stops. He’s still a buffoon.
Yeah except his big get at URI was EC Mathews; who’s lead recruiter was Preston Murphy. Hurley also credited Murphy with helping him build URI.

Murphy was at Creighton and tied to offering Brian Bowen a bag.

Surely a big coincidence.

Yeah except his big get at URI was EC Mathews; who’s lead recruiter was Preston Murphy. Hurley also credited Murphy with helping him build URI.

Murphy was at Creighton and tied to offering Brian Bowen a bag.

Surely a big coincidence.

Kimani Young gives out a new type of bag to recruits. Weighs a couple hundred pounds ;)

is that high school he goes to a problem? without researching, seems like a sham.

Status
Not open for further replies.