Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time to double down on double deuce... Let's get this done... Monster recruiting class coming on up...

Boneryard thinkin they will hear a announcement this evening or tomorrow regarding akok...I hope these guys end up very disappointed!
I imagine their coaches are doing everything they can to have A+ not visit both SU and Pitt. ACC schools offer more, there just isn't any question about that. I bet they are hammering him for a commitment. Can't let him see what else is out there.

Same posters that started the whole verbal thing are confirming. This will be interesting to see how this unfolds

I guess if he fell in love with them over his visit I can see it happening but to be only a few days away from taking his last 2 officials and not taking them is a bit strange...would think he would want to see what others are offering...but like I said, maybe he just feels right at Yukon.

If this does happen, we will be just fine. Yes, it will sting but we'll always go into the spring/summer with a backup plan or someone new will hit the market. I know how this board likes to have melt downs when a recruit doesn't choose us but we're be fine either way

There's going to be fallout from this FBI trial. I'd expect some de-commits in the next few months.

I guess if he fell in love with them over his visit I can see it happening but to be only a few days away from taking his last 2 officials and not taking them is a bit strange...would think he would want to see what others are offering...but like I said, maybe he just feels right at Yukon.
he was my most-wanted recruit, but if he doesn't want us then too bad for him - no system is going to showcase his strengths like jb's would

if he's set on uconn, it's better for him to commit than to waste other schools' time & resources on visits he doesn't really care about

If we end up with Stewart (and Guerrier) that’s a trade we’d make in a heartbeat. Akok and Guerrier could play together; same with Stewart and Guerrier.

But if Stewart wants to play the 4, that’s what Akok is.

UConn has a TON of PT to offer; we don’t

How so?
When we have forwards playing guard, because we can hide them defensively in the the zone, our guys have size advantages over their defenders on the other end. Enables us to shoot over defenders, and helps our offensive rebounding.

I'm not panicking or saying we are doomed just so everyone knows...I love the way things seem to be going for us and the momentum we seem to have. Would be disappointing only because I think AA was one of our main priority recruits that we spent a lot of time and effort on. But its recruiting and u cant win them all so if it happens then so be it. I definitely think cusefan0307 is right about being de-commits from the FBI fall out available in the spring...then again if we land Q and stew then we wont be worrying about anyone else.

I'd personally prefer Akok over Stewart and am still nervous we end up with neither at the end of the day. But it's not really a backbreaker if we miss on one of the two. Honestly between Goodine and hopefully Guerrier, I'll be pretty damn excited about this class regardless of who else fills it out.

YES! Earth44 is such a universe, where everything comes up Otto! ;)

All 3 of them can potentially play 2 positions:
Stewart 5/4, Akok 4/3, QG 3/2.

And since odds are high that both Battle and OSB jump after this year, each of those 3 guys would have an excellent chance of landing a starting position at the higher of those #'s.

Imagine this 2019 lineup, if you will:
5 - Stewart (Sidibe, JBA)
4 - Akok (Marek, Stewart, Braswell)
3 - QG (Marek, Akok, Hughes, Braswell)
2 - Hughes (QG, Buddy, JG3)
1 - Carey (Goodine, HW, JG3)

Filthy. :cool:
Merek doesn't not start after 2 years as a starter

If we end up with Stewart (and Guerrier) that’s a trade we’d make in a heartbeat. Akok and Guerrier could play together; same with Stewart and Guerrier.

But if Stewart wants to play the 4, that’s what Akok is.

UConn has a TON of PT to offer; we don’t
disagree. stewart & akok could totally play together. akok is a 3/4, stewart a 4/5
and i wouldn't take that trade. i like stewart, but (a) i think akok is a much better fit for jb's system and (b) i'm skeptical about the actual level of stewart's interest

disagree. stewart & akok could totally play together. akok is a 3/4, stewart a 4/5
and i wouldn't take that trade. i like stewart, but (a) i think akok is a much better fit for jb's system and (b) i'm skeptical about the actual level of stewart's interest
Yup, Stewart is more of a down low big body, while Akok is a stretch forward. Would be quite the season if we roll out Carey, Hughes, Guerrier, akok and Stewart as the starting 5 in a couple years...wouldn’t that be something. Marek, Goodine, Sidibe, Boeheim, Girard, Washington, Braswell coming off the bench. Wowza

I don't care much for positions, especially positions based on where a recruit plays during high school or AAU. You take the most, best talent you can get, and figure it out later. If (in an alternate universe) we got both Stewart and Akok, and they both want to play the 4 in college, then you play 2 "power forwards" on the wings, and throw a center in the middle of the zone. Akok looks like he can play on the wing.

Duke got three 5* small forwards, I don't anybody is worried who plays "small forward" on that team. Gather the most talent possible, and let it sort itself out.

Why does everyone panic every time some dope on the Boneyard claims he’s committed to them. Didn’t he already come out and say it wasn’t true two days ago? His denial seemed pretty unusual to me, seems unlikely he’s going to turn around 48 hours later and commit. If he was affirmatively saying he wasn’t committed on Sunday, what changed....did they threaten to pull their offer to get his commitment now and would that even work. Just doesn’t seem probable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom