Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Jon Bol Ajak verballed to Syracuse, Kueth Duany tweeted that he was thrilled to see another player from South Sudan headed to Syracuse. Akok is also from Sudan. Pretty sure he is from South Sudan too; there is a place called Akok in South Sudan, there is someone named Akok Duany, etc...,,
The Duany's are great examples of hard work and great educations making for a terrific life.

Uconn insiders sure are positive this gets wrapped by this weekend. I’d like to think their wrong but dont have a good feeling that they are
I’m just kinda shocked how they seem to know so much, when literally ever other analyst says that he is keeping his thoughts extremely private. Is Hurley just bragging openly, because it’s not coming from the kid.

Uconn insiders sure are positive this gets wrapped by this weekend. I’d like to think their wrong but dont have a good feeling that they are
I think that taking an official in the middle of the week is a tell tale sign that he is ready to end this. I hope they are right on the timetable but wrong on the team.

Without having any inside knowledge at all, I do have a feeling he ends up at UConn.

Having said that, and maybe I just don't pay enough attention to other recruitments, but it seems kinda strange to me that there seems to be all this inside knowledge that he's committing but no movement on the crystal ball stuff. I guess I just remember how everything swung so quickly on Quade Green and I would have expected that to be the case here.

Also seems like AA simply hasn't garnered as much attention as the Quade recruitment did though, so maybe it's as simple as that.

I’m just kinda shocked how they seem to know so much, when literally ever other analyst says that he is keeping his thoughts extremely private. Is Hurley just bragging openly, because it’s not coming from the kid.
if he is, he's committing a violation

nobody knows anything

Now the kid who hardly ever posts anything on social media is trolling us all! A cuse person wished him a happy birthday on Twitter and he retweets it...a uconn person does the same and he retweets it. Kids messing with us now!

Enough of the rumors. This kid is too smart and too talented to waste his gifts on a train wreck like Ewe-con. Sooner or later he'll make the correct calculation ... the best facilities, the best conference, the best coaching, the best NBA exposure, the best NCAA potential. And he'll wind up in the ACC, playing wing across from his Sudanese countryman.

Dimon asking him where hes heading
Screenshot_20181023-202328_Instagram.jpg

The Duany's are great examples of hard work and great educations making for a terrific life.
I met Q, at the Dave Bing dinner before the championship season. Amazing family ( I would bet CTO, and others, could expound).
His dad was here in the US, teaching, and was evidently quite a critic of the Sudanese government. Q and his family were literally wished away to America, under cover of darkness and a hail of automatic weapon fire as the plane took off.
A fascinating young man, who hoped to return to the Sudanese one day as a leader.
Also, there was a SI story involving him and some racist incidents in HS in Indiana. Very sad.

I met Q, at the Dave Bing dinner before the championship season. Amazing family ( I would bet CTO, and others, could expound).
His dad was here in the US, teaching, and was evidently quite a critic of the Sudanese government. Q and his family were literally wished away to America, under cover of darkness and a hail of automatic weapon fire as the plane took off.
A fascinating young man, who hoped to return to the Sudanese one day as a leader.
Also, there was a SI story involving him and some racist incidents in HS in Indiana. Very sad.
Wasn't there some unpleasantness at NC St in 2001?

Small little breadcrumb that's probably meaningless but still something worth noting. He just followed Elijah Hughes on IG...so he now follows at least 1 current player on the team. I take that as a positive sign.

I don't really care about the whole followers think, but for whatever it's worth, he also follows Jalen Carey on Twitter.

On him verbaling to them and canceling the Syracuse visit
Apparently they’re getting intel that it’s in the bag. Whether it’s good intel or not, we’ll have to see.
In any case, this seems strikingly familiar to their Hamado Diallo fixation, where they literally had his UConn jersey pressed and fitted, only to have him declare for UK.
Be prepared for lots of backpedaling if AA goes elsewhere.

Apparently they’re getting intel that it’s in the bag. Whether it’s good intel or not, we’ll have to see.
In any case, this seems strikingly familiar to their Hamado Diallo fixation, where they literally had his UConn jersey pressed and fitted, only to have him declare for UK.
Be prepared for lots of backpedaling if AA goes elsewhere.
First the Boneyard insiders said Akok verbaled to UConn during his visit.
Then they said he was going to verbal after he left the UConn campus and cancel his other visits.
Now this.
They said without question Carey was going to UConn.
Like you said, they had Diallo as a lock to UConn. Same thing with some guy who ended up at St Johns, and a bunch of others. I don't follow their recruiting much since they rarely go after players Syracuse is involved with. But this has been a pattern for a while now.
I am not sure if they just make stuff up or if the UConn staff is just lying to them, but since this has happened for couple of UConn staffs, I think the former is more likely.

Then they said he was going to verbal after he left the UConn campus and cancel his other visits.
Now this.
Like you said, they had Diallo as a lock to UConn. Same thing with some guy who ended up at St Johns, and a bunch of others. I don't follow their recruiting much since they rarely go after players Syracuse is involved with. But this has been a pattern for a while now.
I am not sure if they just make stuff up or if the UConn staff is just lying to them, but since this has happened for couple of UConn staffs, I think the former is more likely.
Wouldn’t telling people that a player has committed to your school prior to the player doing so be a violation? Can’t believe that any coaching staff would run the risk of incurring a violation just to give their fans any early indication. Have to question that logic.

Now this.
Can this be the end of the UConn posts.? Gebus, we talk like we are better than them (over and over again) but the obsession and rehashing of the UConn board's postings is perverse. If we are so much better than them, why are you bothering to acknowledge them?

Can this be the end of the UConn posts.? Gebus, we talk like we are better than them (over and over again) but the obsession and rehashing of the UConn board's postings is perverse. If we are so much better than them, why are you bothering to acknowledge them?

So, because certain posters feel that we're vastly superior to UConn, nobody is allowed to ever mention their name in the forum? There's still a rivalry there, and as long as that's the case, you're going to continue to see posts like that. Just don't read them if you don't like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.