Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can this be the end of the UConn posts.? Gebus, we talk like we are better than them (over and over again) but the obsession and rehashing of the UConn board's postings is perverse. If we are so much better than them, why are you bothering to acknowledge them?
mainly because we are going head to head with a recruit that both programs really want. When we aren't we hardly acknowledge their existence. Like Polio, they are nearly an eradicated disease.

Reality Check - I know it isn't over until its over, but I have not heard one thing to make me feel like this kid will be Cuse bound. Hope I am wrong.

As far as this board's obsession with UConn, it is out of hand. They are no longer in our conference. They are in a situation where long term they are very likely to decline.

Too many here are still jealous of their titles. That is history, let's just focus on getting a second one of our own and focus on on our current rivals.

Can this be the end of the UConn posts.? Gebus, we talk like we are better than them (over and over again) but the obsession and rehashing of the UConn board's postings is perverse. If we are so much better than them, why are you bothering to acknowledge them?
I am going to talk about players we are recruiting and discuss all available information regarding their recruitment. If you don't want to do that, you should stay out of these threads, not yell at people who care about it.

First the Boneyard insiders said Akok verbaled to UConn during his visit.
Then they said he was going to verbal after he left the UConn campus and cancel his other visits.
Now this.
They said without question Carey was going to UConn.
Like you said, they had Diallo as a lock to UConn. Same thing with some guy who ended up at St Johns, and a bunch of others. I don't follow their recruiting much since they rarely go after players Syracuse is involved with. But this has been a pattern for a while now.
I am not sure if they just make stuff up or if the UConn staff is just lying to them, but since this has happened for couple of UConn staffs, I think the former is more likely.
Yep

Amidst all of this, I do think the Akok recruitment stands as a good measuring stick of where Capel and Hurley stand relative to us in H2H recruiting battles. Somewhat paints a picture of just how much of a threat they are right now which may only grow if they are successful.

I always love it when a poster who has been here for about 5 minutes lectures us on what we should post.

mainly because we are going head to head with a recruit that both programs really want. When we aren't we hardly acknowledge their existence. Like Polio, they are nearly an eradicated disease.
But, like polio, they still surprisingly maintain an existence in the uninhabitable parts of Earth.

I have my reservations about AA as I've posted previously but there is nothing new out that suggests hes leaning one way or another. I think it's a mistake for the boneryard guys to feel that confident they think hes going there. We have as much of a chance at landing him as they do. Just depends on what motivates this kid and what the deciding factors are. It seems as if their insiders know more about where akok is going then akok does.

Although they did just post this... can anyone verify this? Usually right after visits u start seeing some movements on the predictions...

Screenshot_20181024-112732_Chrome.jpg

I think he probably is just hearing the same stuff from Hurley

Agreed -- I'll never understand why anybody puts stock in crystal ball assessments.

Agreed -- I'll never understand why anybody puts stock in crystal ball assessments.

Usually dont...guess hes 34/35 this year so hes either really lucky or has a decent grasp on what's going on? This could make him 34/36 seeing so tho AA is difficult to read but who knows. It's something to talk about.

I don't think ALL of these dudes are wrong. Where there's smoke, there's fire. We'll live ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately I agree. Seems like its been trending Uconn for a month or so now. To bad as I know before when it looked like it was SU most of the boneyard was trashing him. Need to lock up Gurrier now and look hard at Carrigan.

If you don’t like the Boneyard thread don’t read it. Don’t click on it. I don’t complain about threads over on the non revenue board just because I’m not a fan of women’s volleyball.

As it happens Uconn seems to be the primary competition for A2. So seems intuitive that there’s gonna be a lot of discussion about them here.

Sorry?

I don't think ALL of these dudes are wrong. Where there's smoke, there's fire. We'll live ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thats pretty much where I am at with it...I think most reasonable Cuse fans are too. He will be a stud for whomever he plays for, lets just beat them on the court.

Five minutes or a year ... fan of the team for over 30 years. I did not realize my opinion only mattered if I was a "living legend".

Yeah, it's a thing around here at times from some, where the sheer quantity/volume of posts somehow qualifies one's fan hood accordingly. But kudos to those guys who have sooooo much free time on their hands that they can post with such immense volume. ;):)

Thats pretty much where I am at with it...I think most reasonable Cuse fans are too. He will be a stud for whomever he plays for, lets just beat them on the court.

"Reasonable."

giphy.gif

More like wind socks, changing direction each time the wind blows. Akok Akok might end up at uconn, but it isn't done yet. And the uconn information last week was bunk. So, let's see how it plays out before being resigned to defeat.

Five minutes or a year ... fan of the team for over 30 years. I did not realize my opinion only mattered if I was a "living legend".
maybe you should have realized that you have been here for a short time and while you are entitled to your opinion, you should be smart enough not to come in to a place where no one knows you and lecture what should be talked about. If you don't like a subject, there is a way for you to ignore it and move on to subjects you do like.

Status
Not open for further replies.