Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have two right now.

Boeheim, Washington, Carey, Howard, Battle

Brissett, Dolezaj, Hughes, Braswell

Sidibe, Chukwu

That's 11, and I believe sanctions are over and we have 13 to give.

Seems highly unlikely that his intensions weren't declared to the staff or the roster while he was on the Cuse campus. Several reliable sources here have said it's not happening for Cuse...they didn't indicate it was happening for anyone else either.

I don't understand. He's going to only take his SATs on December 1, and expects to enroll in a college only weeks later? How long does it take to get results? I guess he's confident he's going to get a minimum score, but why wouldn't a prospective college athlete have taken the tests already?

Is this the kind of move someone made/was supposed to make last year? Was it at Kentucky? Play half a season and go pro?

Is this kid overestimating his abilities?

Well there are two of him. Sounds like the Akoks are having a hard time deciding.

Well this is fun! I'm no longer a big fan of this kid as a recruit, too many question marks around what his intentions are.

I am good with kids doing what is best for them, but within the concept that they are part of a team and trying to advance the interests of the team(s) that they elect to associate themselves with. I'm not sure that quitting on that team and not informing the coaching staff checks that box. See ya Akok.

Because Uconn is obnoxious and beneath us and we should not be losing recruits to mid majors and that clown coach.
He's doing this to get to the NBA as fast as possible. He'll most likely declare for the 2019 draft after playing in college for 3 months. We have QG coming next month and we have OB, MD and Eli. Akok next year would have been nice, but if he came to Syracuse in January he'd get little playing time.

I'm not concerned about his decision

Going to Pitt for three months doesn’t seem like the best route to quick NBA entry t a high selection point. He would have to really be intent on spending as little time in school as posssibke and not caring a whit about when he’s actually picked. Just getting the requirements out of the way. This is odd.

Going to Pitt for three months doesn’t seem like the best route to quick NBA entry t a high selection point. He would have to really be intent on spending as little time in school as posssibke and not caring a whit about when he’s actually picked. Just getting the requirements out of the way. This is odd.
The benefit to Pitt is to create buzz about the program.

I know absolutely nothing about recruiting. But I know when I was his age I wanted things easy and to be paid. There's many different personalities out there though. I could be completely wrong.

I am good with kids doing what is best for them, but within the concept that they are part of a team and trying to advance the interests of the team(s) that they elect to associate themselves with.
Come on. It's prep school ball.

We all thought it was pretty dumb when Ayala was loyal to his prep school instead of coming to play for us.

Come on. It's prep school ball.

We all thought it was pretty dumb when Ayala was loyal to his prep school instead of coming to play for us.

No idea what you are talking about regarding Ayala, but Akok was at PSA for 2-1/2 years. Doesn’t take much effort to let the coach and teammates know you’re leaving. A better comparison than Ayala would be the crap Thompson pulled on us last fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.