Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am good with kids doing what is best for them, but within the concept that they are part of a team and trying to advance the interests of the team(s) that they elect to associate themselves with. I'm not sure that quitting on that team and not informing the coaching staff checks that box. See ya Akok.
i would be more inclined to agree if members of the coaching staff hadn't put outside interests ahead of akok's in the first place.

karma is a beyotch

Last edited:
This kid’s nickname should be “Taffy”, because it seems that he is being pulled in all kinds of different directions.
Then his recruitment should be sorta like this.

E88DB621-C6AB-46B1-946A-E352D256185D.jpeg

The benefit to Pitt is to create buzz about the program.
Yeah, no i get why Pitt would want him for a half year. I don't know why Akok would choose Pitt as his entrypoint to the NBA. No one builds a 'brand' at Pitt. Who, besides Steven Adams, has come out of that place recently? I'm seeing Khem Birch and Brad Wanamaker. Pitt just isn't a 'marquee' hoops destination.

Not sure if anyone has anyone has mentioned this yet but UCONN has 13 scholarship players (the max) under their roster currently:

Verbal Commits (Verbal commits link)

Wouldn't this eliminate them from Akok?

Not sure if anyone has anyone has mentioned this yet but UCONN has 13 scholarship players (the max) under their roster currently:

Uconn posters seem to think he'll be a walk on or some have even mentioned him getting financial aid. They have also mentioned Hurley giving someone on the team the boot or someone leaving the program. So yea they have brought up just about every scenario. They have been getting all the recent crystal meth ball votes so I'm not sure if someone knows something or what? Not sure of gtowns scholarship situation but I think cuse, providence and Pitt all have available schollies they could use. I know someone mentioned on here that we didnt have one to give but our sanctions are over and we have 1 available after Quincy comes. Very doubtful hes coming here though so it doesnt really matter...although who knows with how wierd this situation has gotten maybe we bring in 2 guys in the middle of the season. (Sarcasm)

I think it would be extremely difficult to get NBA respect in 2 1/2 months playing college ball with a new team unless you were an incredible player. He is a very good player at the level he is at but in no way does he resemble an NBA player. He NEEDS college. I don't even see him at Bazley's level. At all...

Do we really want this guy? Seems like he’s just trying to get to the nba as fast as possible!
seems to me a guy with the talent, will & drive to do so is exactly the kind of guy you want

where there's a will there's a way

I’m sick of this thread. I only hope that the next post says Akok commits to ( fill in the blank). And no more.
This is like courting a girl in hs and knowing she ain’t gonna go out with you so you can stop wondering who she gonna go out with.
SHe gave SU no love just convenient transaction. Bye Akok, sorry.

I’m sick of this thread. I only hope that the next post says Akok commits to ( fill in the blank). And no more.
This is like courting a girl in hs and knowing she ain’t gonna go out with you so you can stop wondering who she gonna go out with.
SHe gave SU no love just convenient transaction. Bye Akok, sorry.
Ya if I never see his name again I’m cool with it

Get on your tippy toes.

The wise owls on this board that I trust have said we aren't getting this guy. IDK what else to tell you but since then I moved on. Doesn't mean you have to but I'm not going to worry about Akok.

The wise owls on this board that I trust have said we aren't getting this guy. IDK what else to tell you but since then I moved on. Doesn't mean you have to but I'm not going to worry about Akok.
Check that, a step stool might be best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.