Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 80 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely odd.
He’s had every opportunity to pull the trigger, but hasn’t.
If this kid had projected a “look at me” attitude from the start, you could at least understand it if he’s holding off for a grand announcement.
But if it’s as done a deal as the Mutts have been suggesting, then why play coy? Hmmmm...

What's the score?

UConn thinks they have a bird in the hand.

Something of some value that is already acquired. Taken from the proverb "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," which means that having something, even if it is a lesser quantity, is better than taking the chance of losing it in order to attain something else that seems more desirable.

Doesn't add up for me.

Thats the point!!!! Stewart is top end talent NOBODY can deny lol. In your haste to argue with me you totally missed the point of my post.
Based upon a YouTube video I saw, I am not sure Stwart can play in the ACC.

Lets say we get them both and Stewart is one and done. We still have a need for a big... DONT WE? Lol. For the record i would take them both as well. Im just saying i would like Kofi or Carrigan (if his grades are cool) or Qadus. Those guys can play the 5 in our zone day 1
First of all, it's never a bad thing to land a 5-star stretch 4 that fits our system perfectly. Second, even if Stewart comes in and plays center and leaves after one season, we still have Sid there as a senior (in 2020) and JBA who'll be in his second year. Not sure why you see this as a "problem".

Definitely odd.
He’s had every opportunity to pull the trigger, but hasn’t.
If this kid had projected a “look at me” attitude from the start, you could at least understand it if he’s holding off for a grand announcement.
But if it’s as done a deal as the Mutts have been suggesting, then why play coy? Hmmmm...
he said months ago that he intended to decide late, possibly well into 2019

i suggest we forget all the bs coming from the boneyard & their mouthpieces in the media (and here, for that matter) and focus on what has come from the horses mouth:
  1. i am deciding late
  2. i have not committed to uconn

he said months ago that he intended to decide late, possibly well into 2019

i suggest we forget all the bs coming from the boneyard & their mouthpieces in the media (and here, for that matter) and focus on what has come from the horses mouth:
  1. i am deciding late
  2. i have not committed to uconn
Good point(s).
All the white noise in the world doesn’t replace the fact that AA hasn’t wavered.

I'm really hoping he hasn't committed to any school before we play UConn. Cause you know what that makes this game?

Akok fight.

I'll show myself out.
Is there an award for the best inappropriate comment?

Does anybody think providence is still a player here with the mass rivals players connection? Seems like they have been dismissed by the media guys but nothing has been said to make me think they are out.

I'm really hoping he hasn't committed to any school before we play UConn. Cause you know what that makes this game?

Akok fight.

I'll show myself out.

Been lying in wait...

Does anybody think providence is still a player here with the mass rivals players connection? Seems like they have been dismissed by the media guys but nothing has been said to make me think they are out.
Not out

First of all, it's never a bad thing to land a 5-star stretch 4 that fits our system perfectly. Second, even if Stewart comes in and plays center and leaves after one season, we still have Sid there as a senior (in 2020) and JBA who'll be in his second year. Not sure why you see this as a "problem".
Hey Reedny please re-read my quote. I think you missed the fact that i said i would take them both. The caveat was we need a BIG more than another 4. We already have Dole and Braswell to play that position. So instead of having one Center and three 4's i am simply saying i would rather Kofi or Carrigan over Akok Akok. Again just my opinion in the scenario we get Stewart which is a uphill battle

Hey Reedny please re-read my quote. I think you missed the fact that i said i would take them both. The caveat was we need a BIG more than another 4. We already have Dole and Braswell to play that position. So instead of having one Center and three 4's i am simply saying i would rather Kofi or Carrigan over Akok Akok. Again just my opinion in the scenario we get Stewart which is a uphill battle
That may be the case - that our need is slightly more acute at the 5 than the 4 for '19 (with Chewy gone). But if there's mutual interest with Akok (a 5-star stretch 4) ... we HAVE to recruit a player like that. In any event, to your point the staff has not ignored its needs at center for 2019. Besides Stewart they have offers out to Cockburn and Wahab. So they have it covered .. just have to see what unfolds.

Last edited:
That maybe the case - that our need is slightly more acute at the 5 than the 4 for '19. But if there's mutual interest with Akok (a 5-star stretch 4) ... we HAVE to recruit a player like that. In any event, to your point the staff has not ignored its needs at center for 2019. Besides Stewart they have offers out to Cockburn and Wahab. So they have it covered .. just have to see what unfolds.
Correct but do we have enough Scholarships for 3 more????

I'll check my roster tomorrow and get back to you. I know we have a full 13 for '19. And the commits usually sort themselves out in terms of numbers depending on who commits and the PT available at the spot.
Here's my count for 2019. 1Washington 2Carey 3Buddy 4Hughes 5Sidebe 6Dolezaj 7Braswell 8Goodine 9Quincy G 10Joe G 11JBA so 2more spots. This assumes Oshae Battle and Chukwu leave. Also i dont exactly remember but i thought Belby got Scholarship last year. That is why he redshirt this year. Lets say he is still a walk on. That would mean best case scenario we have 2 spots. So if we get Stewart and Akok which is how we started this post we are now blocked out for 2020 recruits. And we are in play with higher rated recruits in 2020 like Scottie Barnes ( top 5 wing) Patterson even Jackson from City Rocks. Usually you love to have a Scholarship or two for following year. We would be in the uncomfortable position of only having a Scholarship if Stewart or Quincy 1and done or we kicked somebody off the team... sorry forced transfer (see Chino Obokwo, Ron Patterson) The one wildcard is Buddy. I cant understand why he is on scholarship. I thought he gets free ride as faculty child. My point is we are or will be extremely low on scholarships and tge incredible talent that we are looking at in 2020 are top 50 wings w two top 15wings that like us alot. Having seen JBA at high school level not comfortable saying he is a starter for us in ACC in Boehiem last two years smh. We gotta get two bigs for roster balance and to have some experience going into 2020. Even if we can somehow some way get Stewart we havecto get Kofi Quadus or Carrigan to play 5 also

Here's my count for 2019. 1Washington 2Carey 3Buddy 4Hughes 5Sidebe 6Dolezaj 7Braswell 8Goodine 9Quincy G 10Joe G 11JBA so 2more spots. This assumes Oshae Battle and Chukwu leave. Also i dont exactly remember but i thought Belby got Scholarship last year. That is why he redshirt this year. Lets say he is still a walk on. That would mean best case scenario we have 2 spots. So if we get Stewart and Akok which is how we started this post we are now blocked out for 2020 recruits. And we are in play with higher rated recruits in 2020 like Scottie Barnes ( top 5 wing) Patterson even Jackson from City Rocks. Usually you love to have a Scholarship or two for following year. We would be in the uncomfortable position of only having a Scholarship if Stewart or Quincy 1and done or we kicked somebody off the team... sorry forced transfer (see Chino Obokwo, Ron Patterson) The one wildcard is Buddy. I cant understand why he is on scholarship. I thought he gets free ride as faculty child. My point is we are or will be extremely low on scholarships and tge incredible talent that we are looking at in 2020 are top 50 wings w two top 15wings that like us alot. Having seen JBA at high school level not comfortable saying he is a starter for us in ACC in Boehiem last two years smh. We gotta get two bigs for roster balance and to have some experience going into 2020. Even if we can somehow some way get Stewart we have to get Kofi Quadus or Carrigan to play 5 also
Hughes is a junior, so he will be gone for 2020.
Quincy Guerrier might be a one and done (technically a 1.5 and done). I think he have to plan for that and hope he stays longer.
Jalen Carey might be a one and done, he is very likely a two and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.