Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ)

Arthur Kaluma : Let's see, I can go to Arizona or Creighton where they are pretty much telling me I can start and play 30 MPG. Or go to Syracuse and compete with the coach's son for PT. Hmmm.
People who equate Buddy’s minutes with his lineage rather than his skills and the roster make up don’t understand how deficient that team was in talent.

He doesn't when he has to really put in an effort. When it is basically just making a phone call, different story.
I feel like we must be right in the thick of it with Kaluma. The fact that Jimmy has had 2 zoom calls very recently and that his decision was suddenly pushed back after Arizona was the presumed destination. Cautiously optimistic here.

I feel like we must be right in the thick of it with Kaluma. The fact that Jimmy has had 2 zoom calls very recently and that his decision was suddenly pushed back after Arizona was the presumed destination. Cautiously optimistic here.
It is very doubtful. Look for either Arizona or Creighton.

It is very doubtful. Look for either Arizona or Creighton.

The AZ board, articles and comments from Lloyd around expecting a good week of recruiting ( last week I believe) confirms this sentiment too. I mean it never really seemed that realistic despite initial hope built into some responses here. One can enjoy the possibility until it's no more. But yeah...

We got a bunch of negative recruiters on this thread. Weird.

"Ah, just tell Kaluma to go somewhere else because JB is a nepotist, plays favorites, and won't let Kaluma play 7 minutes a game. Let UNC and Duke have all the 5 star bench warmers.

We're just little old Syracuse and don't know what the heck we're doing. Minutes is all that matters to an 18 year old, and the only thing that should matter. Player development, exposure, and proven NBA track record don't matter. Go somewhere else, Kaluma!"

It isn’t this thread, your summary is the Readers Digest version of the past 12 months of this entire site.

We got a bunch of negative recruiters on this thread. Weird.

"Ah, just tell Kaluma to go somewhere else because JB is a nepotist, plays favorites, and won't let Kaluma play 7 minutes a game. Let UNC and Duke have all the 5 star bench warmers.

We're just little old Syracuse and don't know what the heck we're doing. Minutes is all that matters to an 18 year old, and the only thing that should matter. Player development, exposure, and proven NBA track record don't matter. Go somewhere else, Kaluma!"
Too many negative Neds who have become the old guy on the porch.....thank god we have SU basketball to divert us from the Syracuse winters. 50 years of nothing but winning basketball......think about what we have and not what we don’t have! Perspective my friends......

I’m blown away by the amount of posters who think JB will run Junior out there for major minutes if he isn’t deserving. The idea that JB would sit a stud recruit in favor of his son who is transferring from the Ivy regardless of how the two players were performing is absurd.
I think Jimmy will contribute. But it is a big step up from the Ivy to the ACC. Ask Towns and Tape.
PTSD.

I’m blown away by the amount of posters who think JB will run Junior out there for major minutes if he isn’t deserving. The idea that JB would sit a stud recruit in favor of his son who is transferring from the Ivy regardless of how the two players were performing is absurd.
I think Jimmy will contribute. But it is a big step up from the Ivy to the ACC. Ask Towns and Tape.
You cant be serious. He literally JUST did this scenario with someone who isnt even his kid. I mean come on. Plenty of games too where Buddy should have sat.
Let’s just be all the way real with these H0t takes

You cant be serious. He literally JUST did this scenario with someone who isnt even his kid. I mean come on. Plenty of games too where Buddy should have sat.
A. It’s been pretty well documented that KR was not doing as coach directed, yet he still got about 20 minutes a game.
B. Who should have played ahead of Buddy, who was the best player on the team?

A. It’s been pretty well documented that KR was not doing as coach directed, yet he still got about 20 minutes a game.
B. Who should have played ahead of Buddy, who was the best player on the team?
Yes, I can hear him now..." Kadary, stop coming in and breaking the press so easily...stop taking your guy off the dribble and getting easy shots in the lane over him and... by God you better stop causing disruption at the top of our zone!!! If I see you deflect one more pass up there you're gonna sit!!!"

Jimmy rocks the Zoom!
Gamers chair complete with affixed safety belt!!

And wired mouse to his dope i386 just blasting Netscape to the tunes of dial up.

Yes, I can hear him now..." Kadary, stop coming in and breaking the press so easily...stop taking your guy off the dribble and getting easy shots in the lane over him and... by God you better stop causing disruption at the top of our zone!!! If I see you deflect one more pass up there you're gonna sit!!!"
Well, if you are going to be dumb about it. If a kid intentionally defies the coach, your position is that doesn’t matter within the team concept. Got it.

Too many negative Neds who have become the old guy on the porch...thank god we have SU basketball to divert us from the Syracuse winters. 50 years of nothing but winning basketball...think about what we have and not what we don’t have! Perspective my friends...
And there it is: sensibility.
Sorry, but this mindframe won't fly around here. :)

And there it is: sensibility.
Sorry, but this mindframe won't fly around here. :)
For me, I trust our insiders. But, I am very encouraged by the work the staff is putting in. And, you never know, keep working on the kid and maybe he changes his mind.

It’s like if you were a car salesman and you have a couple looking at your 1989 Dodge Daytona. But, you hear them talking about the 1992 Mercury Lynx up the street. Are you going to give up, just because they are leaning toward the Lynx? Hell no, you call them and sell your Daytona. Until, the papers are signed, you keep selling.

Last edited:
I'm taking the glass half full perspective and assuming this is a good development and the kid is taking some time to give us a more serious look. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

For me, I trust our insiders. But, I am very encouraged by the work the staff is putting in. And, you never know, keep working on the kid and maybe he changes his mind.

It’s like if you were a car salesman and you have a couple looking at your 1989 Dodge Daytona. But, you hear them talking about the 1992 Mercury Lynx up the street. Are you going to give up, just because they are leaning toward the Lynx? Hell no, you call them and sell your Daytona. Until, the papers are signed, you keep selling.
Depends on which ones you’re listening to

Depends on which ones you’re listening to
I trust that each of them is graciously passing along information that they believe to be true from their respective sources. I also understand that information in recruiting is fluid and may change by the moment.

I trust that each of them is graciously passing along information that they believe to be true from their respective sources. I also understand that information in recruiting is fluid and may change by the moment.

Agreed. And in addition to the fluidity, it is important to take it all with a grain of salt, as those tidbits of information generally represent opinion [even from great insider sources], not fact. And sometimes opinions of how things will unfold isn't how they actually unfold.

That doesn't mean that the insiders should be attacked if the info doesn't pan out, or that their sources should be questioned -- it just means that it is better to take the info as informative / interesting reference points, and not as gospel.

yeah, let's be real. Buddy is a star. JB was right about him. Sorry that rankles you so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom