Class of 2021 - PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Arthur Kaluma (AZ) Offered

He wants to be a one and done and to accomplish that he needed to go someplace where he would most likely start and play big minutes. That IMO is pretty clear.
If he’s a one and done like he thinks as the talent is there that the coaches wanted on this roster, why couldn’t he start for us along side with Benny Williams?

If he’s a one and done like he thinks as the talent is there that the coaches wanted on this roster, why couldn’t he start for us along side with Benny Williams?
Believe that Syracuse may have promised or implied Cole Swider starter minutes when he transferred in.

huh?

huh?
Translation:
If Kaluma believes he is talented enough to go pro after one year of college, he shouldn't have been intimidated by any other players on the SU roster as being barriers toward his playing time. He could have played alongside Benny to comprise a formidable forwards tandem.

Translation:
If Kaluma believes he is talented enough to go pro after one year of college, he shouldn't have been intimidated by any other players on the SU roster as being barriers toward his playing time. He could have played alongside Benny to comprise a formidable forwards tandem.
.....which is not how it works as players like swider and jimmy jr were likely assured of playing time in order to gain their commitments...

do people think it is just an open tryout once the roster is finalized??????????????

...which is not how it works as players like swider and jimmy jr were likely assured of playing time in order to gain their commitments...

do people think it is just an open tryout once the roster is finalized??????????????
Jimmy Jr assured of playing time in order to get his commitment? I don't think so.

Yes, expected PT to Cole and Benny - that's probably a big factor in why QG left.

Jimmy Jr assured of playing time in order to get his commitment? I don't think so.

Yes, expected PT to Cole and Benny - that's probably a big factor in why QG left.
You don't think JIMMY talked to his dad the coach and was like if I come here, how much am I playing?

You dont think JAB and Jjr have discussed his playing time and that the outcome of that discusion was not satisfactory to Jimmy?

You think dad boeheim said to son boeheim ...yeah you can come play for me, but dont be mad if youre on the bench all the time! it is going be strictly merit-based

Personally, I think jimmy and his dad both know that he is playing big minutes this year regardless of whoever else is on the team. And I dont necessarily think that is bc they are related (though it cannot hurt)...i think it is how recruiting works.

What is my playing time going to be like coach??? JAB is probably honest and loyal to his players to a higher degree than other coaches...some coaches might lie to get a recruit on-campus.

its a good quality on JAB's part...but sometimes, it is annoying. Like when there is a 4 year player on the roster that isnt that good...then the fans have to wait 4 years for that player to leave before another player can play that position. Take JG3...i dont have much against him in particular...its just I wish he wasnt the reason that other, better players might not be brought in at his position for the 4-5 years he is in office. the whole process is far from objective. why pretend that it is?

this idea that a recruit like Kaluma might not come to SU because he isn't confident enough that he could beat out the other players at his position strictly on merit...as if merit is the only decider in some objective sense...to me, belies the reality of the personal part of how rosters are built and the relationships coaches and recruits have...and the multi-year timeline of roster construction that takes place. promises are made, plain and simple.

Kaluma would have been taking us to tourney!
Kaluma has had an alright season but I don’t think that would have elevated us that much. Having an excellent game today though and definitely wish we had landed him.

I love how a couple good games means a player would have elevated SU. He was the 5th leading scorer on a good team. 10pts, 5 reb, very respectable, But despite that success can we really be sure he even gets off the bench at SU? Still would been behind Cole and Jimmy. Makes me wonder what Benny would have looked like in March if he had gotten 25 minutes per game and allowed to play through some mistakes.

Sort of off-topic.

Was looking at some recent 2023 Mock Drafts and, very early, Kaluma is projecting as a late lottery pick. Apparently he has been dominating in FIBA play this summer for Nigeria.

Sort of off-topic.

Was looking at some recent 2023 Mock Drafts and, very early, Kaluma is projecting as a late lottery pick. Apparently he has been dominating in FIBA play this summer for Nigeria.
Not surprising based on how good he was in the tournament.

Not surprising based on how good he was in the tournament.
Sort of off-topic.
I can’t believe former mid-major programs like Creighton(!!) now beat us out for recruits, are doing really well in the BE and will be a top 10 team next season! Insanity. Meanwhile, the once-mighty have fallen in Central New York. Really hope JB can right the ship before he departs coaching.

Kaluma and Benny would be crazy at the 3/4. They are both 3.5’s. He would be a huge addition to our talent pool. That would just give us way more options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom