Class of 2021 - PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 PF Brandon Huntley-Hatfield (PA)

Honestly not sure. One of the people I know that’s “in the know” just said the staff loves this kid and this kid loves Syracuse. Staff thinks they have as good a shot if not better as any of the other finalists and things could move quickly
tenor.gif

Feel like I’ve seen this one before.

I’ll come back in 30 days to read the posts about how he wants immediate playing time and we have a crowded front court situation and, well because Boeheim being Boeheim with the bench usage, he’s not coming here.

not a huge update but it sounds like we have a decent chance here.. if we landed him idc what year he comes but a reclass with him and benny in 21 would be pretty sweet!

Five-star 2022 forward

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

released a top five back in October that included Auburn, Kansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Wake Forest. Those schools remain in the mix, but he added another school to that list earlier this week. After a Zoom call with Jim Boeheim resulted in an offer from the Orange, Syracuse has emerged as a contender here, and has made his list into a top six.

Ole Miss has been a strong contender here for quite some time, but it’s probably too early to call it for the Rebels just yet. Auburn, Tennessee and Wake Forest all have strong ties to his travel coach, Bobby Maze, who played at Tennessee for Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl with Wake Forest head coach Steve Forbes as one of his assistants. There is still some talk of moving up to the 2021 class, but no decision has been made yet.

Syracuse is a great fit for a long multi-skilled forward. Those guys always thrive and look good in orange. Great school for showcasing your talents. our best teams have tended to feature guys like this.

Small guards and short, bulky forwards usually don’t fit as well (see, e.g. Harris, Paul).

Syracuse is a great fit for a long multi-skilled forward. Those guys always thrive and look good in orange. Great school for showcasing your talents. our best teams have tended to feature guys like this.

Small guards and short, bulky forwards usually don’t fit as well (see, e.g. Harris, Paul).

i would take Paul Harris' 1253 pts and 832 rebs in three years from any player at Cuse. those
are numbers exactly 1, that's O-N-E, player has done since Harris left, and that's Rick Jackson,
who took four years, not three. Battle got the points, but he allergic to the glass. JB sure loved
trashing him after that 29/22 game against UConn, but let me know when Buddy gets 22 rebs
in less than a half season, ok?

i would take Paul Harris' 1253 pts and 832 rebs in three years from any player at Cuse. those
are numbers exactly 1, that's O-N-E, player has done since Harris left, and that's Rick Jackson,
who took four years, not three. Battle got the points, but he allergic to the glass. JB sure loved
trashing him after that 29/22 game against UConn, but let me know when Buddy gets 22 rebs
Settle down. You’re aiming at the wrong person, ok? I was as big of a Paul Harris fan as anyone. I used to mock the haters by saying Harris was selfish because he hogged all the rebounds.

But he came in as a top 20 recruit and I don’t think was ever first or second team all conference. Our offense didn’t really suit his skills, and he would have been a much better defender in a man defense. I didn’t say he was a bad player, but he’s a guy who would have shown better at, say, Pitt, because they played a style better suited to Paul’s abilities. Long and lean forwards who can shoot and drive always show great in our offense.

aside from one disastrous brain fart, he had a good career here, but it was disappointing relative
to what was expected. at pitt or mich st, or with the one-and-done a year later, he'd have been
in the nba, cuz i also don't think here was a great fit for him. he catches too much flak on this
board, as does donte greene.

i'd expect huntley-hatfield would do well here, or anywhere, given his skills. would like him at
Cuse, just as i would like Dior here, and Williams here, or any other high end recruit. be original
and go somewhere other than kentucky, duke, unc, kansas, or ohio state. but play as a "Syracuse
guy", not as a "hey, NBA, look at meeeee ..."

I know he isn't a real PA kid, but I can't get over we are recruiting '22s from York (but @ IMG), Gettysburg (but somewhere in Jersey now), Harrisburg (@ Cali), and Chambersburg (by way of Tennessee). Just head down 81 and head west on the Lincoln Highway when you get to York.
I lived there (So. Central PA) for four years, have been visiting there often for the last 20, and can't recall a single time I saw a game of pickup in a park, or even a kid shooting in the driveway.

Last edited:
Mh
JB wasn't trashing him. It was a joke. "Paul was great, but if he could've made those dunks...". Obviously paraphrased.
It was an exhausting effort by all.

I know he isn't a real PA kid, but I can't get over we are recruiting '22s from York (but @ IMG), Gettysburg (but somewhere in Jersey now), Harrisburg (@ Cali), and Chambersburg (by way of Tennessee). Just head down 81 and head west on the Lincoln Highway when you get to York.
I lived there (So. Central PA) for four years, have been visiting there often for the last 20, and can't recall a single time I saw a game of pickup in a park, or even a kid shooting in the driveway.

Well, Billy Owens must have found a place to play someplace there......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom