Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

Good catch on the double negative.

I'm a Maryland fan and have followed the Golden family for a few years now. As a Maryland fan, I've been to practically every ACC and Big Ten city attending both basketball and football games, and I can attest that Champaign is a pretty cool little city, like most major college towns. With that said, it's not my favorite and it's not my least favorite. My favorites are Chapel Hill, Madison, and Bloomington.

Anyway, back to Bryce and the Golden's. Bryce's grandpa, Gary Golden, died a few years back in an auto accident. Bryce's dad lived in Champaign during the time Gary was an assistant coach with the Illini. Bryce's father is the one who stated that Champaign was one of his favorite places to live.

As for grand parents having influence on grand children, I guess it all depends on how involved the grand parent is in the relationship. In my case, both of my grand fathers had tremendous influence on my life and do still, even though I'm retired. But in general you should not dismiss a grand parents influence on a grand child like some on here have. However, I do not know how much influence Gary had on Bryce.

So who will Bryce select? I have no idea to tell you the truth. I think each school offers him a little bit of something he is looking for. In the end, I believe his mom was intrigued with him playing in the ACC, thus all the crystal balls to Syracuse. I'll tell you what it won't come down to: winning success as of late or arena size, like some have suggested. What it might come down to: the bond he establishes with the coach, immediate playing time, playing style, location, and satisfying his parents.

The dark horse might be Georgetown.

Good rationale post.

I'm a Maryland fan and have followed the Golden family for a few years now. As a Maryland fan, I've been to practically every ACC and Big Ten city attending both basketball and football games, and I can attest that Champaign is a pretty cool little city, like most major college towns. With that said, it's not my favorite and it's not my least favorite. My favorites are Chapel Hill, Madison, and Bloomington.

Anyway, back to Bryce and the Golden's. Bryce's grandpa, Gary Golden, died a few years back in an auto accident. Bryce's dad lived in Champaign during the time Gary was an assistant coach with the Illini. Bryce's father is the one who stated that Champaign was one of his favorite places to live.

As for grand parents having influence on grand children, I guess it all depends on how involved the grand parent is in the relationship. In my case, both of my grand fathers had tremendous influence on my life and do still, even though I'm retired. But in general you should not dismiss a grand parents influence on a grand child like some on here have. However, I do not know how much influence Gary had on Bryce.

So who will Bryce select? I have no idea to tell you the truth. I think each school offers him a little bit of something he is looking for. In the end, I believe his mom was intrigued with him playing in the ACC, thus all the crystal balls to Syracuse. I'll tell you what it won't come down to: winning success as of late or arena size, like some have suggested. What it might come down to: the bond he establishes with the coach, immediate playing time, playing style, location, and satisfying his parents.

Was enjoying your post until this!!! This is blasphemy around here!!!

Either way it's 11:08 and Georgetown still...

Was enjoying your post until this!!! This is blasphemy around here!!!

Either way it's 11:08 and Georgetown still...
Sorry for triggering you! Yep, I dislike Georgetown as well. I was trying to think like momma Golden might. I think she wants to see as many games as she can. However, I'll change my dark horse to Butler for you.

In all seriousness and dark horses aside, I think Syracuse will win out because of the ACC pull. If it wasn't for the ACC, I think he would pick Illinois.

It goes on the hall of fame list of reasons I’ve seen posted here that could influence kids recruiting choices. Some of the greatest hits:

The Atlanta Rap Scene
Dinosaur BBQ
The presumed poor quality of the Tucson Symphony (not kidding)
The presumed attractiveness of coeds at school x being tremendously higher than school y

This is a big factor if you're looking to make the most of your college experience especially as an athlete. No knock on SU, but they aren't touching the women of the SEC, PAC 12 and southern portion of the ACC.

Sorry for triggering you! Yep, I dislike Georgetown as well. I was trying to think like momma Golden might. I think she wants to see as many games as she can. However, I'll change my dark horse to Butler for you.

In all seriousness and dark horses aside, I think Syracuse will win out because of the ACC pull. If it wasn't for the ACC, I think he would pick Illinois.
Mama Golden might be able to see more games with him at Syracuse than at Georgetown. There are 2 Virginia schools, the 4 NC schools aren't that far away, and Syracuse is doable as well.

Mama Golden might be able to see more games with him at Syracuse than at Georgetown. There are 2 Virginia schools, the 4 NC schools aren't that far away, and Syracuse is doable as well.
The original school he picked isn’t a bad drive either (Pittsburgh). Syracuse plays there every year in basketball.

No cops, full tank of gas and a strong bladder...Winchester is an easy 5 hours drive from the Cuse. This is assuming I-81 around Scranton isn't under construction...with one or two quick stops and a couple slow downs...6 hours is about right.

rali438576qy.jpg

No cops, full tank of gas and a strong bladder...Winchester is an easy 5 hours drive from the Cuse. This is assuming I-81 around Scranton isn't under construction...with one or two quick stops and a couple slow downs...6 hours is about right.

Yeah. And having commuted to DC from just north of Winchester, it's 2 hours one way in rush hour only 1 hr 15 mins normal. Plus train options are decent.

I was just having some fun with you. I lived in central Illinois as a child. I can recognize the smell of soybeans from miles away! I actually have 2 nieces currently attending school in Champaign, (as their 2 brothers did previously), as well as another niece in Bloomington and another in Madison. As someone who never knew my grandfathers, I cannot attest to their influence, although I'm sure it has to be some sort of factor. My gut has told me since SU got involved that he'll end up in Champaign.

This is a big factor if you're looking to make the most of your college experience especially as an athlete. No knock on SU, but they aren't touching the women of the SEC, PAC 12 and southern portion of the ACC.

I haven't seen a tweet from Mom thanking anybody at Butler. She was quick to do that after the other visits. Likely means nothing, but this stuff keeps me busy...

He is obviously not over the top about any program.

Hope it doesn't take him this long to decide to take the shot.

Houston obesity is more about the food than the weather. It’s one of the fattest cities but due to numbers there are far more attractive people and far more skinny people in the city than in Syracuse or Tucson or Gainesville or etc.

Had his visit with butler and then stopped to watch some aau ball I guess?

Also looks like he skipped this game to stay in indy? Wonder if he was giving news to Underwood in person at the AAU event he was at? Total speculation on my part but still found it a bit odd he skipped this event seeing as though it would of been his last game as a high schooler...

Definitely didn't play looking at the box score...

Side note... if my schedule allows it, I will check out Guerrier, Akok, and Withers in person at the Adidas Gauntlet here in Atlanta. Didn't make it Friday night.. hope to catch them Saturday and/or Sunday.

Also looks like he skipped this game to stay in indy? Wonder if he was giving news to Underwood in person at the AAU event he was at? Total speculation on my part but still found it a bit odd he skipped this event seeing as though it would of been his last game as a high schooler...
Yeah doesn’t make sense to skip the last game unless for a very good reason. Wonder if the decision has been made and when he plans on making the official announcement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom